No Q3 schedule post. Is there a plan?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mystarr, Jul 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fenrus MacRath

Fenrus MacRath Avatar

Dude, that always freaked me out.

2. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

[​IMG]

3. Jens_T

Jens_T Avatar

I guess we won’t get one. The “real” plan probably can be summarized with “survival” and small tweaks/improvements to the existing system.

arcdevil likes this.
  4. dayero

dayero Avatar

but survival is a company plan, not a development plan. plus going radio silent is pretty much the worst thing you can do to your survival chances. so they should at least have announced the changes in announcements.

arcdevil and Dhanas like this.
  5. Horton Irongate

Horton Irongate Avatar

I still havent even seen my physical products yet....

arcdevil likes this.
  6. Sea Bear

Sea Bear Avatar

There was a time when a thread like this would generate 50 pages by now .... where o' where have all my compadres gone?

7. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

rofl @ all the negative work from home bias

its the future: offices are horrible places to work. old people have familiarity bias, and are usually luddites as well. modern folks work from home. millions of people run successful businesses from their homes these days. entire industries operate remote, across many timezones.

with the exception of service provision which requires face to face interaction (hospitals, restaurants, etc), just about any job that can be done remotely should allow that service provider/maker to choose to wfh if they want to. it better for the environment, economy, and all around human happiness.

heck, last year i built a web app that lets you request cars be dropped off at your house to test drive - automotive dealerships are even obsolete now!

get with the times: WFH = way more focus, way more time with loved ones, (usually) better/healthier food options, way more time for exercise, way more productive, happy, and fulfilled people (provided you have adequate human contact for your personality).

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
  8. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Not against working from home. I push my employer to offer it all the time. However, if you go that route, you need to make sure to keep team cohesion. Daily standups would be the least of what we want. More communication is necessary, not less.

9. Blackghost

Blackghost Avatar

Playing something else?

Hornpipe, arcdevil and Cordelayne like this.
  10. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Or skipping topics like that because it's always the same people rolling the same topic around and around and around.

11. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

[​IMG]

12. Arcanoxer

Arcanoxer Avatar

In the meantime, is there an official answer or do they want to keep the topic quiet?

Also Chris stopped his "daily" streaming recently? *shrug*

arcdevil likes this.
  13. Lained

Lained Avatar

He's on annual leave.

Sean Silverfoot and Jaesun like this.
  14. Arcanoxer

Arcanoxer Avatar

And i was thinking he finally stopped for good with his streaming stuff.

Thanks for the update. :)

arcdevil likes this.
  15. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Per the R68 release notes:

16. Arcanoxer

Arcanoxer Avatar

Can you guys still remember the livestream after the office was terminated?
    In the speech by @DarkStarr he told us that we do not have to worry and everything continues as usual. It would only be a test run to see if the concept works for Portalarium!
    Since then it went downhill.

- Almost nothing from the Q2 schedule plan was fulfilled anymore, with the excuse they have to adjust to the new nomadic concept.
    - A few months later, they completely discontinued the quarterly plan and announcements about the future of the game.
    - Complete silence about Episode 2.

I'm the only one who has imagined something else under adapt?

17. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

Well, that's not exactly true ;)

Still missing from Q2 schedule:

• Crafting & Economy: Fertilizer will now be able to be used in Agriculture to affect the outcome.
    • Player Towns & Player Housing: Our first ever paintable homes will also go live!
    • Player Towns & Player Housing: Players will have the ability to add custom conversations to their NPCs (shopkeepers, POT NPCs, servants, etc.)
    • Combat: Players will be able to join multiple groups into large Raids (groups of groups).
    • Story: The first area associated with Episode 2 will appear!

BUT:

From planned "Episode 2" content has already been implemented until July 31:
    • Taming system expansions
    • expanded permissions for containers and doors!
    In view of the relocation situation and vacation of team members, nevertheless a lot of new - important - content was implemented.

Not complete silence ;) They told about the new lands and population (Lord British and Sannio).
    Sannio and List are preparing stuff leading to Episode 2 (watch their last livestream here).

I suppose for Q3:
    • Crafting & Economy: Fertilizer will now be able to be used in Agriculture to affect the outcome.
    • Player Towns & Player Housing: Our first ever paintable homes will also go live!
    • Combat: Players will be able to join multiple groups into large Raids (groups of groups).
    Chris told, that Episode 2 lands won't be in before Q3, may be Q4.
    So hopefully early acces for Episode 2 content (new lands) starts with Q4 ...

However:
    A - SHORT - quarterly information about what we could(n't) expect would be fine ;)

Looking forward for August content ...

18. Sea Bear

Sea Bear Avatar

Personally, I am thinking I like not knowing jack about their plans.
    I seem to be happier the less I think about the future of this game and just enjoy the game as it sits. Lots to do still for me.
    I do not enjoy thinking about the developers or the games future most of the time.
    Just want a have fun, girls just want to have fun.... sing it Cindy!

[​IMG]
    I will believe it when I see it, until then peace out my brothers and sisters!

19. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Well for me it is not so bad not knowing as feeling no big plans are being made. Where are the new devs we were going to hire?, where is the return of the bundles to promote episode 2?, where is the big Episode 2 hurrah?. If it just comes out a teensy bit at a time then it will not have any of that or at least it does not seem to me like it will. I am only speculating of course but that part I would like to know. Even if I don't know about the big plans. I just want to know the devs have them.

I believe it is such a big missing to not know that we are doing all we can and just muddling along release to release does not feel like it to me. I want big things for this game not settling and muddling along. I want popular systems like mounts that do things like horse race, fight and wear armors and train, and sea battles and boats and waterways to fish on and explore.

I want scenes that have lots of lore, dailies, and I want battlegrounds that are timed events and capture the area with daily quests, and I want cooking to get added with it's own masterworking skills of food enhancements and alcohol use that means more for cooking and brewing.

We need achievements and progressive dailies even for pvp. I can only name a few things because I could go on and on. Such as treasure hunting that will be special with maps and map pieces that we combine and quest for and find and do actual digging skill and survey skill.

There is so much more and we don't know if there are any plans at all for something big to happen.There is so very much that I dream of for this game still.

I want to hear that it is going to happen some time and that we are waiting for a nice big good surprise to happen. This is hope. This will be victory.

Bring on the new bundles that include mounts, ships and pirate stuff, and treasure hunting packages. Hopefully these will be in many price ranges. Let's celebrate episode 2 in a bigger way with confidence being shown about the game. Please, please, please. Onward to Victory. @DarkStarr @Chris, @Lord British

Vaiden Luro likes this.
  20. oplek

oplek Avatar

"Lord British was last seen: Jul 27, 2019" (almost 2 weeks ago)

He's checked out. All we have left is front-page-updates-boy and the streaming-salesman who occasionally does dev stuff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.