1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Make Farming Fun (Homes, Deco, Spawn)

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Black Tortoise, Jul 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

I like farmin'. Well, I guess I can say, I like the idea of playing a farmer in this game, the actual experience is super boring :p

Id like it if there were more farm based homes. I do like the barn, but it takes up tons of space - cant actually plant many crops on a lot with that. I like farming to the point that I would have multiple adjacent lots just for planting crops and having cool farm buildings. We just need some more farm buildings! Smaller barns, hog styes, chicken coops, maybe a sheep pen. With that, we need some chickens and sheep too - similar to dungeon spawn tech, specialized farm homes could let you craft pig, cow, sheep, or chicken spawn. Id also like an NPC farm companion of some kind, even if they just walk around and whistle and have a little ho-ing or watering animation now and then.

I like the idea of a granary home. There could be village or town sized granaries. Just a simple dome structure with the appearance of piles of grain and such inside, and maybe a ladder to get to the top.

Farm spawn could require some upfront investment, sort of like building dungeon spawn from essenses. Even if its the same system to start, thats cool. I was thinking you could do something like get 100 chicken carcasses, 20 lumber, 100 granite, 10 ingots, whatever, and have a recipe for a small chicken spawn. Then you could upgrade it to like tier 2 or 3 where you get 2-3x as many chickens (perhaps total of 15?). Same for other animals. Perhaps a village lot can have one spawn, and a town lot 2 spawn, and a city 3 - so a city sized lot could have maybe 8 sheep, 6 cows, 15 chickens, or whatever configuration you want.

Id like to sim-farm in sota!

2. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Ohh god yes, this would be amazing!!! +1 from me!

3. Dulayne

Dulayne Avatar

This sounds interesting for sure and could definitely be something for the future. Maybe a later episode if it's impractical right now.

4. Jefe

Jefe Avatar

There was talk a good while back of adding animal husbandry to the crafting tree. Not sure how far down the development process it walked before being back burnered.

5. Lained

Lained Avatar

Yar! I be a pirate farmer.

[​IMG]

6. Jefe

Jefe Avatar

You grow pirates? Very green. ^^

Lained likes this.
  7. Lars vonDrachental

Lars vonDrachental Avatar

Even if I would like such a feature (and as far as I remember breeding was already part of the long time plan for SotA) I think there needs to be some adjustments before we can think about these options.

As you mentioned agriculture is currently a less interesting activity that is on top not giving any exp but I think the devs are already working on that. But I think the main problem is that agriculture is generally not lucrative. Some single products are selling quite fine but most of the products are dead articles even if they are needed in the crafting processes and I guess this would be no different if we would implement some farming pets as the problem is you can get many agricultural products “for free” by taking NPC decorations. The same is possible with farm animals as they are already “harvestable” in multiple scenes. The penalty for doing that is either not there or that minimal that it doesn’t matter. I guess if there would be a similar possibility to get wood or ore there would be a lot less avatars harvesting in scenes. ;)

I do think the possibility to get items by “bootlegging” should stay as a possibility ingame but there should be consequences involved to make agriculture a viable option.

One possibility would be that all these items get a flag (“illegal” or “stolen” or something) that makes them unsalable at vendors. Maybe even with a small percentage that this flag applies to the processed product…the more flagged items you use in the crafting process the more likely the crafted item will have the flag too. I guess a chance of e.g. 5% per flagged item would be already sufficient.

Another possibility would be that their virtue impact is getting larger and maybe not just the taking of the items also the usage of the shady items might lower your virtue. But to be of any impact the NPC would need some kind of a reputation system and I do not think this will be ingame anytime soon.

A third option would be that "illegal" items rot faster than harvested goods but for this the devs would first need to implement the in the beginning mentioned rotting feature and I do not know if this is even still on the to do list.

I guess as decorations your ideas might be a good option and I might put some on my lot too but I do not think anytime soon it would be rewarding to use them as source of resources.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.