General help with quests.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Chastain, Jul 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chastain

Chastain Avatar

After several months of not being able to run the game, it is finally working on my PC. So I am not new to RPG's by any means but once I got past the Solice bridge I found myself wandering aimlessly not knowing what the heck to do. Albeit there are some notes and pointers but they are vague at best. Are there any help sites to get me on my way instead of wandering around in circles?

Ataniiq and Paladin Michael like this.
  2. Bayard

Bayard Avatar

Welcome Chastain!

My advice would be to go to Solace Bridge Outskirts and talk to people there. After that, head to Soltown and talk to Arabella. She is sitting in front of one of the main buildings in the center of town. That is near the 'bank' which is cleverly concealed within an inn. :)

Arabella should talk to you about the Path of Love which is one of the three main quest lines.

However, feel no pressure to do things in a linear fashion. Many of us, myself included, found that wandering around in circles led to some wonderful discoveries.

If you want/need more information, feel free to stop by the Outlander Welcome Center which is near Soltown.

Cheers,
    JkB

P.S. I find the forums to be one of the best sources of quest help.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
  3. Chastain

Chastain Avatar

Well, I did that and am in the outskirts and everyone is telling me to go to the south to get to Soltown. I wandered around for about 3 hours and all I found was a lone farm and bandits, not even the undead I am supposed to be killing. I don't mean to complain but it's getting very frustrating when people say, go here, but never say how to get there. That and the fact that my map has never worked add to the frustration.

Ataniiq likes this.
  4. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

It sounds like you are still in Solace Bridge Outskirts.

SotA is a series of instances with an “overworld” map that you travel on to see the rest of the continent.

The Outskirts map has an edge you can exit to the Overworld map

Paladin Michael likes this.
  5. Chastain

Chastain Avatar

Thanks, I will look.

6. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

@Sannio,

An important hint!
    When Kinsey asks to go on to meet Guard Captain Stanley in Soltown, a short Information on screen could tell:
    ‚Leave the outskirts through the entrance to the ...‘ [direction].

Maybe Kinsey could point in this direction? :)

majoria70 likes this.
  7. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuBnlkpnnxUpUehDde53Jbw

This is publicity for another Avatar, but clearly one of the best out there. @Mac2 has probably some of the best and up to date video guides for most quests, so if you find yourself stuck, maybe stop there. I know there are others (Skeggy, Elaina, etc.) So maybe if you don't enjoy Macs, look for those guys.

Btw holy **** Mac sorry! After pointing so many guild mates and randoms to your channel, I just realized I never subbed, please don't be mad :oops:

Mac2 likes this.
  8. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

LMAO, thats ok. The main purpose was not to get subs, but to help people. After reading this thread though, I just had an idea I should rate the quests difficulty in the title of my videos. I am pretty busy right now, been trying to get many of them updated just have not had the time. Hopefully near the end of the month I can get some more done.

Violette Dyonisys and HokageFont like this.
  9. Chastain

Chastain Avatar

Still wandering but I found Soltown and no one there knows Abigail and she is nowhere to be found. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

10. Fenrus MacRath

Fenrus MacRath Avatar

Arabella , if you enter the town, talk to all the refugees. They all have mini quests for you. Then when you are done with that, wander down the path into the city proper. Arabella is either standing outside of or just inside the Inn, if memory serves.

Mac2 likes this.
  11. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Abigail is right by the entrance of the town with the other refugees. The refugees can be identified by their little camp off of the road on your right.

12. Chastain

Chastain Avatar

Ahh, I passed that I thought she was in the town itself.

13. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

She's one of the ladies there. If you look at your "compass bar" at the top of the screen, quest givers and areas of interest should pop up in blue, when you have the relevant quest active.

Also, NPC's that wave with little sparkles by their hands, means that they have a quest to give.

14. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

A few small tips on what I do, at least quest related:

When speaking to unnamed NPC’s, as them name. Sometimes they give their name, sometimes you have to ask them.

Tell NPC’s “My name is YOURNAMEHERE”
    If you truthful tell them your name, you get a Truth increase. You can however also lie and give them a false name to lower your Truth.

Finally be sure to ask NPC’s help to see if they might have a quest for you.

Following the above, you can then tell which NPC’s you have already spoken to, because now you will see their name. And you also know you have already asked them for help. This can really help when an area just has a lot of NPC’s.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.