1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Sell/Trade Containers with Contents

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Tirrag, Jul 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

It would be nice to be able to sell on vendors and trade containers with contents included. The mechanism to examine an individual item to see its crafting detail already exists and could potentially be utilized to see the container contents. Also existing is the ability to lock an item into your inventory and you cant remove it. This mechanism might be able to be used to double-click a container on a vendor or in a trade window to bring up the contents for review.

Not being able to sell or trade containers with contents makes trading or selling prepackaged goods very difficult. While not necessary, this would be a great feature to have.

FrostII, FBohler, Micmatty and 6 others like this.
  2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Yes I agree. I have been asking for us to at least be able to sell the little bags with items and also to be able to trade them between players for years. Imo this is a much needed improvement to the game.

The work around to not having sellable bags is we have vendors with tons of items that we cannot sell in sets and we have to sell pieces of paper saying we will give the goods when notified.

This imo is not a good work around to actually allowing players to just buy the bags of goods.

So For example w could then sell a 'complete set of chain mail armor', a complete set of songs with all 8 parts', ballroom gown & accessories, living room sets and on and on. Perhaps sell-able bags of goods have a limit of items that can be placed in them. We also need to make them dyable.

@Devs please, please, please finally give in and make this happen.

[​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]

and dye tubs like Ultima Online had would be so cool. I have named a chest a dye tub but it is just one that holds the dyes I have crafted. At least if we had an asset that looked like a dye tub to store our dyes in that would be great.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Also hair dye would be an awesome thing for us to do. Anything that allows us to each look a little different.

@Elgarion . Could you mention in dev chat. This would be so great for the game.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 16, 2020
    FrostII, Elgarion, Gravidy and 7 others like this.
  3. Sea Bear

Sea Bear Avatar

@majoria70 ,

You almost make me cry when I see those bags and dye tubs. Brings back some really happy times.

4. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

With the concept of being able to sell right off mannequins gaining ground, I would like to revisit this post.

All of the pieces to accomplish selling a container with contents are there. Having already existing functionality has been the determining factor for new functionality due to the agile sprints. The ability to see inside a container. The ability to lock the container and not allow the contents to be removed. The ability to CTRL inspect items. Storing of a container with items in another container. With a little UI work these already existing features could be combined to allow selling and trading of containers with contents.

Selling directly off a mannequin is a completely new system with limited use-cases and significantly _less_ value than being able to sell/trade containers with contents.

5. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

6. Glantor Edge

Glantor Edge Avatar

Yes, I would very much like to have this feature based off the existing mannequins already in-game. It's also plausible to create an entirely new category of packaging containers such as a simple pouch, satchel, coffer or small crate that contains at most 10 items that are viewable within the vendor interface, such as the one shown in @majoria70's post.
    Imagine how much frustration it causes when players vendor a full 5-piece armour set and are left with 1 piece unsold. Who wants a leftover Elder Elven Fighter boot or glove?

In terms of role playing, we already have an NPC vendor selling us the goods. So it would make perfect sense for any vendor to allow us to examine what is inside a small pouch or crate before selling us an item.
    [​IMG]

This can be an entirely new, revenue generating item as well. Ornate small pouches or coffers to package that luxurious set of Lord British or Darkstarr armour, including accompanying weapons and even their thrones and moondials! Of course, a plain craftable variety can be introduced as well.

Please allow us to sell whole sets of items, thank you.

7. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

Now that we have some UI enhancement going on, going to bump this again as I still feel it would be an extremely valuable QoL addition.

Adam Crow and Violet Ronso like this.
  8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

LOL, wrong game.

9. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I am sad to see devs don't take this seriously and don't see it as a positive game changer to selling and adding to the creative abilities and possibilities of this game. It feels to me like the request is taken as just another of many requests that are said to maybe we'll think about it instead of a great importance to this game and that does make me sad. Please make this happen. @Elgarion I want to sell my song sets that have anywhere from 2 - 8 parts to play. These are specifically for groups to play and are not stand alone songs. They must be sold in sets which we have no capability to do.

10. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

When I first took up SotA I was looking to setup the same vendor style of system that I was extremely successful with in UO (selling themed armor box sets). That dream was crushed pretty quickly by the inability to sell containers of goods. I still sell things but as non-cohesive pieces.

The other issue I have run in to is simply trading containers. I periodically run training sessions on block building and have training bags put together with materials for the training session. It's tedious to hand out the contents of each bag to each participant before the session. Not impossible, but again QoL improvements.

Adam Crow likes this.
  11. Pifester

Pifester Bug Hunter

I do something similar, but I use the public chests. I let the "student" know I am dropping in their training materials, and drop the bags of ingredients in there for them. Works out pretty well. CAn also use a container set to public if you are on your own lot.

12. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Yes we have to work around it too often but the problem is they require you to be present which is absolutely not always possible and we should not have to work around a necessity that is missing from the game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.