Returning player, looking for a POT to fish at

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Caswick, Jul 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Caswick

Caswick Avatar

Greetings all!

Returning to the game, was hoping to relax and work on fishing abit. Im having a hard time finding a POT that has fishing grottos etc to use to work on fishing skills. I Googled and found Titanforge, went there on the map and it seems to have been renamed/moved/etc

Can someone give me some suggestions on where to go? Much appreciated.

Caswick

2. Yolo SoLive

Yolo SoLive Avatar

Welcome back! just find a dock and cast- most pots have them and you don't need to go to grotto unless you want too (player made dungeons have them.) Also if you are in a snowy pot, you have to look hard for the fishing holes. Also go to a big city dock and find a boat that says fishing expedition- nice fishing there too.

Caswick likes this.
  3. Gia2

Gia2 Avatar

Welcome back, you can also check with a Teleport Zone Scroll (which are very cheap to buy and easy to find from player vendors) and have a look to the daily fishing bonus zones that are marked in yellow in the zone list.
    [​IMG]

Dhanas and Caswick like this.
  4. Gia2

Gia2 Avatar

Take a look to Fishing Expedition zone that's pretty cool as well
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dhanas likes this.
  5. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

Thank you! I had no idea why these towns I'd never been to were showing up in my zone list, thought it was a bug.

Vaiden Luro and Gia2 like this.
  6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I believe that all POTs have fishing spots (and they're all fresh water). Here's mine, lots of places to fish here:

[​IMG]

Jaesun and Gia2 like this.
  7. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

Yes all Pots have fishing. The yellow highlighted ones or the ones that fishing merchants talk about are daily bonus ones. Fishing expedition is awesome and you can get there from a special boat in Kingsport, Mudd and i think one of the Brittany towns. Also each POT depending on the biome will be for specific waters too. Regular water, salt, fetid. Mud is a good spot for fetid while Kingsport is good for salt water. So just hop around and see how it goes.

The fishing grottos are found in player made dungeons. And those are determined water types by the biomes the dungeons are in as well.

Gia2 likes this.
  8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

All POTs are fresh water regardless of the biome.

Jaesun likes this.
  9. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings Caswick,
    Also if you go to any town crier and ask them about fishing they will tell you which POT have the fishing bonus for the day. This way you dont need to have them in your zone list. I think most POT are fresh water but some have swamp or some underground bioms have fetid. I am not sure about that though.

Gia2 likes this.
  10. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Hello there@Caswick and snowy Biomes are lacking much fishing but there is a couple of fishing holes in town as a concession to freezing our lakes in the snowy biome. *sighs* Also my Dungeon and Baldriths is fishing only in them no monsters and that is what they are there for. For anyone to fish. Best wishes on your fishing journey. I'm looking foward to seeing you in game.

Also if you have set up your teleport to zone scroll on your bar as someone pictured above you can see the towns listed as yellow that give fishing bonus' for that day. Just drag that scroll to your utillity/non combat bar and if not encumbered you can see those in yellow if you have them marked that is and many other locations you have marked. Otherwise just click in Universe chat and ask any questions you have. As always I am happy to help anytime. :)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
    Gia2 likes this.
  11. Synergy Blaize

Synergy Blaize Avatar

Welcome Back Caswick! :)

If can help you out with fishing, give me a shout if you see me online.

Gia2 likes this.
  12. Belladonna Rose

Majority of POTs are fresh water but there are a few that are salt. Hard to tell sometimes but once you start catching you can tell. I havent been to a swamp Pot yet to test for fetid. But i have been to a few Pots that have salt water fish. Dont remember which ones . At one time i would tour everyday the daily Pots and thats how i found them. I was tracking them for a while but stopped once they started repeating Pot locations.

13. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I'm only going by what the devs said. If you know of a player owned town that is other than fresh water then please post the name of that town.

Synergy Blaize and Jaesun like this.
  14. Griffler

Griffler Avatar

Come visit Rinzai, nested in Desolis. Our docks go on for days!

[​IMG]

Dulayne likes this.
  15. Tazar

Tazar Avatar

If you are looking for Fishing Grotto's in Player Dungeons, Falling Waters Fortress has two dungeons with a LOT of them. Check the Town Crier for a lot owned by Flair Minamoto (there are several houses, but all right together) and one of those dungeons has a lot. Also from the town Dock, go to the Keep Island Plot and a small elven water home on the shore has a ruined arch leading to another dungeon with lots of them. Great for training fetid fishing.

16. Belladonna Rose

I as well have two with fishing grottos as well. Knight's Watch. Village lot with hedgemaze in town and on the dock of my ship..town lot in the bay

17. Brighton Rock

Brighton Rock Avatar

@Caswick : oh mann Münster, und wir haben die ganze Zeit englisch geredet :rolleyes:

@all:

what about experience points ? Why do i get 400 exp per catch in Kingsport or Mediolanum (POT), but just 100 exp in most other POTS ?
    when I'm fishing, I mostly run my 3 accounts on my computer, so its 800 exp per catch in KP and Mediolanum compared to 200 exp in other towns...a huge difference...

18. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

Silverdale Market has some nice docks to fish from, always welcome.
    [​IMG]

19. Geaux

Geaux Avatar

Dang...I sure wish PODs were in a database showing location, features, FISHING GROTTOs, popularity, etc... I am becoming an instant gratification fiend, blaming it on AMAZON... I would love to see a Dungeon Master's Book that players can use in game, and if not, one that we can access online with this type of information live, available, and updated :) (without me having to take the time to add my dungeon info to something by typing in the details)

20. Belladonna Rose

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.