Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Rewards window - Subscriber Reward Bundle is not highlighted as a new item

Discussion in 'User Interface (Including Launcher)' started by Smegatron, Jul 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smegatron

Smegatron Bug Hunter

07/20/2019 14:49
    Title: Rewards window - Subscriber Reward Bundle is not highlighted as a new item
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? No, but a bad User experience
    Details:
    You get a message during login that you got the Subscriber Reward Bundle, but upon entering the game there is no indication as to where it is. There is no asterisk on the Rewards icon. And in the Rewards window it is not highlighted in green as a as a new item.

It is not placed in your inventory. This is a bad User experience: "You got a reward, but I won't tell you where". As developers and designers, YOU know it is there. The average new user does not know this. Think like a new user!!!

Steps to Reproduce:
    Enter game for first time after earning Subscriber Reward Bundle. See login message. Get into game, and wonder where it is.

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6400 CPU @ 2.70GHz (4) System RAM: 16313
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GPU RAM: 6061
    SotA.QA.Win.64.855.Date.07.19.19
    Area: POT_forest_metropolis_01b_template/Knight's Watch
    Area Display Name: Knight's Watch
    Loc: (20.9, 38.6, 262.8)
    Debug: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxYl90ZW1wbGF0ZXxLbmlnaHQncyBXYXRjaHwoMjAuOTA2LCAzOC42MDIsIDI2Mi43NjgpfCgwLCAwLjk0OCwgMCwgMC4zMTkpfC01NzcuMDgzMXwzNS45MjAzNnw3LjkwMTQzMw==

Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
  2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

[​IMG]

It specifically states for you to check the rewards window. But that should indeed be marked that something is new in there. (As of 856, the Rewards Icon was not showing the green something new indicator). The Crown Store was showing the green something new indicator.

3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I think it should still put a green asterisk next to the treasure chest icon in the upper right corner and then highlight the reward bundle green.

Jaesun likes this.
  4. Smegatron

Smegatron Bug Hunter

Edited out the bit about "no messaging" from my post. The rest of the bug report still stands:
    1) No green asterisk on the Rewards icon.
    2) No Green "new item" highlighting the first time into the Rewards interface.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.