Stuck while ghosting issue

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hsitirb, Jul 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hsitirb

Hsitirb Avatar

I was in Penmawr Island and unknowingly opened a booby trapped door and died. I can handle that it's part of the game. While ghosting to the respawn point I got stuck amid some boards on a bridge or something like that. I tired "/stuck" but it didn't unstuck me, probably cuz I'm ghosting I don't know. Being dead I couldn't cast spells like blink or chaotic step. Time ran out and I respawned w/o making it to the ankh and the artifacts I was wearing really took a hit. I can take dying and all that it's part of the game. But it really hacked me off that I took damage to my artifacts in what I see as a glitch in the game. With the changes the last few months to artifacts one tries to avoid unnecessary damage - this was totally unnecessary.
    Anyone have any suggestions on how to avoid this from happening again or how to get out of the stuck situation in ghost form before time runs out?
    Thanks
    and apologies for this ***** attitude post - I just need to vent and hopefully learn how to avoid this in the future.

Montaigne and Cordelayne like this.
  2. Parson Barr

Parson Barr Avatar

Occasionally I get stuck somewhere and /stuck doesn't work to get me out. Worse, when you do get stuck sometimes you can't blink out of the spot. Once I died as a ghost behind a closed door and had to have a friend come find me and open it to speed up rezzing.

Best thing to do is /bug that spot. They can go and fix it so you can't get stuck there again.

Jaesun likes this.
  3. Lars vonDrachental

Lars vonDrachental Avatar

I know that /stuck do not work while you are in combat mode and this way one time pressing the key to hide your not existing ghost weapons (Z) could work as it could be possible that the combat flag stays active even while you are in ghost mode.
    But as @Parson Barr already mentioned writing a bug report sounds reasonable if that happens again.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
    Vaiden Luro likes this.
  4. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Yes, this can be beyond frustrating. If I'm a ghost, let me use ladders and open doors for Pete's sake! I can't tell you how many times I have been stuck in a dungeon because I can't use a ladder or open a door.

5. Parson Barr

Parson Barr Avatar

It never occurred to me the flag may still be set. Good theory!

Vaiden Luro likes this.
  6. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

Easy way to fix is to log character and start on map. not a real fix but a work around in these cases.

Paladin Michael likes this.
  7. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

only problem is the durability loss of items :(

Vaiden Luro likes this.
  8. Hsitirb

Hsitirb Avatar

I took advice and went back while alive n got myself stuck - the /bug
    Agree would be nice to "freely" move ghosting too
    Paladin Michael - I'll be visiting your market but for now work calls (RL).
    Thanks guys - and happy gaming

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.