2 issues that need addressing.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mac2, Jul 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

1. Losing durability on gear if you die and do not get resurrected. My big issue with this is who it hurts. The people who are getting hurt by this are the people who disconnect and cant get back on cuz there character is stuck in game and it says operational error when I try to load in and wont let me in. This can last from 30 seconds - 15 minutes. If I die from the dc, and it takes over 5 minutes to get back on, all my gear take a 5 durability hit.
    Another set of people getting hurt who people who lose power and die and cannot get back on in time to res.
    The 3rd set of people getting hurt by this are people who lose internet and die and cant get back on in time to res.

If you die and you did not dc, lose power or whatever, you just go get resurrected and dont lose anything. This mechanic is pointless as the only people who are suffering from it suffer from it because of reasons beyond their control. This should be gone at least till the game is more stable, but probably just permanently cuz it is just stupid as it only hurts people for nothing they did wrong.

2. Saying "
    Build Number 1008 – July 10, 2019 11:45 AM

Updates

• Added Arctic Destroyer wolves to North Drachvald Spur.

combined with an issue from 2 releases ago in terms of the wolves taking on the wrong names when tamed. Desert Elder Wolves become Elder Timber Wolves when tamed. Ferocious Arctic Wolf becomes Elder Arctic Wolf Ferocious Obsidian Wolf becomes Obsidian Wolf .

This had led to a person who is selling non arctic destroyer wolves as arctic destroyer wolves and basically scamming people. They are just telling them its a naming issue and they believe them because of the combination of the 2 things above. Now I could say this could just be that person believes the patch notes combines with the naming bug, but me and another person showed them its not, but the person is still doing it and telling people its a arctic destroyer so I say they are just taking advantage of this. This is why it is important to check things and get them right or at least putting out a warning about it.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
  2. Ancev

Ancev Avatar

If load times were much faster I'd take 5 durability hits less often too. Or if the chat window could be accessible during loading screens, at least I would have something to do and still be focused on the game. Usually what happens is I get tired of waiting for a loading screen and tab out to web browser then get afk killed by mobs.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
    Chatele likes this.
  3. the Lacedaemonian

the Lacedaemonian Avatar

I'm not always in agreement with Mac, but with my little peon voice, I support this point 100%.

Chatele likes this.
  4. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

+1

Chatele likes this.
  5. eli

eli Avatar

An alternative way to tax durability would be: durability loss is based upon how your level compares to that of the mob that kills you.

For instance, dying to red does 1-2 dur damage, dying to a green does 10-15 dur damage.

Res is a weird thing to tie it to, which has nothing to do with player skill but instead playstyle.

6. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

What even was the purpose of this? To punish people for playing alone (no rez available) or some misguided attempt to promote grouping? It seems like something rather arbitrary to link durability hits to in the first place. And as Mac has pointed out, most use-cases for this are going to be people who've had some sort of technical difficulty.

Chatele, Griffler, FrostII and 11 others like this.
  7. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

I think it was designed to prevent players from zoning instead or rezzing, but wasn't actually tied to leaving the scene due to the "start on world map" feature.

I'm not sure I like not having ANY penalty for death, but yeah this seems kind of oddly applied.

8. Girlsname

Girlsname Avatar

While we’re on the topic of CRAZYNESS death mechanics.

Let us speak while dead.

Whew.

I’ve been holdin’ dat in foreva.

9. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

YES. At least in party chat; it sucks when you die and nobody notices because they're too busy trying not to die themselves.

Chatele, FrostII, Girlsname and 2 others like this.
  10. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Its not that I just want to get rid of any death penalty, Its just this is not a death penalty, this is a network, power outage, game bug penalty.

11. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

Not being able to speak whilst your character is dead is lame, unhelpful, unnecessary in game-play terms , punitive for no good reason and an issue that needs fixing ASAP as a QOL issue.

12. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Makes sense Mac.

Apply the punishment at time of death, whatever that may be.

Mac2 likes this.
  13. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Ya, the people being punished by this are like I said in the 3 examples above. These are beyond the players control. This is not really a death penalty cuz if you die and get rezzed you dont lose anything, its a network, power outage, game bug penalty, and this is just really stupid, especially the game bug penalty, that is the games fault.

14. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

What if you died because you were swarmed by 20 green mobs?

Chatele and Paladin Michael like this.
  15. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

I don't disagree that it's bad, just noting why it was added how it was.

If they do that, then resurrection needs to restore a good part of that, otherwise what is the point of resurrecting?

Since durability gets hit so much during combat anyway, I don't think this is how to handle death penalty. Instead, just make the debuff (that currently makes it take longer before you can Rez again) also apply a negative learning buff. Basically, you would still earn xp as normal, but you only apply half of the normal amount to skills until you get rezzed, which removes that debuff.

Boris Mondragon and Mac2 like this.
  16. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

They should give leveling resurrect a point, right now I just leave it at level 1 cuz its a 4x skill that does nothing other then get rid of the odd time it wont rezz a death mage with a lich ring on.

17. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

Well, just count the last enemy who gave us the death blow ...

18. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

What is even more annoying is the durability loss without dying for body slam. It’s the mob getting slammed and not the player. R/Boris

19. Girlsname

Girlsname Avatar

Back when I was a wee Avatard I once body slammed Corpus...

That was the fastest wtf moment of my life haha.

20. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

You're missing the point. You suggested that your armor take a bigger hit to its durability if you die to a lower-level mob, as if that should be part of your shame. My question was what if you die because you were swarmed by a large number of those lower-level mobs? How fair would that be?

Vaiden Luro and Mac2 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.