(NecroThread)Archery "adjustments"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Barugon, Jul 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Is that true? If so it 100% needs a nerf, no way can it be that strong and not be fixed already?

Mac2, Dhanas and Sara Dreygon like this.
  2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Alright, I'll take your word for it.

[edit] I actually don't believe that but I'm not going to argue about it.

Mishikal likes this.
  3. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

the secret sauce is out of the box :( sorry Para, Graydios, giuseppe....

4. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

This is why I rarely play anymore. No matter what I'm interested in doing, it just becomes a chore with this game.

Fister Magee, Cordelayne and Barugon like this.
  5. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

I'm bouncing back and forth between PVP and PVE. PVP bugs me as quite a few things are pretty imbalanced right now but shield mattering and more glancings of arrows would help yes.

For PVE, I don't think critting 70+% with blind and high Dex (seems unbelievable but I've seen higher) and popping off 1000+ hits is balanced either. Especially when charging is so quick and it uses no focus. I just suggest charged shot take a bit longer, reduce the ticks a bit, and cut the crit modifier some. Should only affect a few of the top players.

Mac2 likes this.
  6. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

Simple, as mobs dont tend to move anything like as much as a play, make it aim for where you were targetted when you hit fire, not where it is now...

7. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Unfortunately true. See a death shield archer, just sit down and die. Vespers and I pump out crazy damage and it's a miracle if we kill one. We just leave the zone as it isn't a balanced fight and counters are nonexistent (against death shield) or don't help (defensive stance, shield).

Sometimes things get out of whack and need balancing or people stop playing. Easy for some to call these nerfs but what good is an OP death archer that everyone just zones away from?

Last edited: Jul 25, 2019
    Vaiden Luro, Mac2 and Barugon like this.
  8. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

Why? Because you suck at pvp?
    Please explain why you think a death shield archer is OP.... in pvp....

9. Vesper

Vesper Avatar

Air Shield archers actually, using charge attack, crazy crits if Air / Tactics spec. You know the build Crow Crow, dont even need anything other than ranged inates.
    Theyre not unkillable by any means if using death shield and you torpid their airshield off, but seriously, this cant be an intended build.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 25, 2019
    Sara Dreygon, amarious and Mac2 like this.
  10. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Well, if you read everything hes been saying you would know, but seeing how you dont seem to be reading whats hes saying, what is the point in continuing this conversation with you.

Cordelayne and Sara Dreygon like this.
  11. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

A level 140 death shield 5 stacked is 40% transfer rate of what the description says. "converts a portion of damage received from physical attacks into health". So you reduce the damage received by 40% and then you get healed for that amount.

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  12. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

And my point was to the fact that death shield has nothing to do with archery. What is stopping him from also using death shield? Nothing.

13. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Its also not death shield that kills him. Your missing the point of the charged attacks that you can do from a great range, cost 0 focus, can be done very fast, and dont use any skills therefore making it WAY cheaper then any other build to pull off great dps. The ability to see the whole, and not JUST look at things from their parts give WAY greater understanding.

Jaesun, Vaiden Luro, Cyin and 3 others like this.
  14. the Lacedaemonian

the Lacedaemonian Avatar

You all are arguing around trying to balance the issue. The Mangar guys are trying to make their frequent opponents who are posting here feel inadequate and incapable of coming up with a counter to the PVP builds/decks/gear that is currently owning, but their solution is to play the same exact way or gtfo noob.

I'm not seeing any real counters suggested, and it makes me think there are none. A lot of us who don't fixate on the best way to win PVP nearly everytime, we want to compete with our flavor of build/deck/gear. And the issue is PVP is not being balanced, has not ever really been, and unfortunately will continue to be a non-priority.

It's dismal, I know. The best we have is structured format duels/tournaments, where consideration is taken into account how to balance the fight ahead of time and limitations are put on the gear. Things like that are the only current way to even odds and make the decision come down to individual choices.

Name calling, shttalking, and unsportsmanlike conduct is not going to convince anyone in this forum.

So let's come up with some constructive ideas or let us just find a new game.

15. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

I'm probably not one of the 3 worst in PVP... maybe 10 worst. All depends on what % of PVPers at any given time have the flavor of the month build.

Oh crap... I just figured out you're Crow Crow :confused:. I definitely wasn't talking about you being OP man... you're fine, do decent enough damage, and definitely aren't unkillable. I also respect you a ton as one of the better fire mages in the game and even more as you haven't cashed that in for the flavor of the week like polearms or charged shot archery.

16. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Death Shield actually works pretty good against archers.

Jaesun, Sara Dreygon and Mac2 like this.
  17. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Sorry man your right. I am not asking for nerf the archery tree, just balance check done on charged shot, and maybe death shield as well.

18. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Just to show what I see all the time in UT, a pic of a party that at least half of them are archers. https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/359168110713896971/604212150654861312/unknown.png

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  19. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

Death shield should be balanced first, no archer can peirce top end death mage, its just impossible now.

And instead of nerf of archer charged I strongly suggest to increase charged hits on ALL TWO-HANDED melee weapons it would balance two handed weapons very good as well.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
  20. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

I still think that glyphs and focus have a place in this game.

Mac2, the Lacedaemonian and Alley Oop like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.