1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

CRAFTING - Tiered Ingots System

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Elrond, Jul 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

Tier 1 - Processed Ingot ( Processed Bronze Ingot , Processed Meteoric Ingot so on ..)
    Tier 2 - Refined Ingot needs 4 x Processed Ingot ( Refined Bronze Ingot , Refined Meteoric Ingot so on )
    Tier 3 - Polished Ingot needs 4 x Refined Ingot ( Polished Bronze Ingot , Polished Meteoric Ingot so on )
    Tier 4 - Pure Ingot needs 4 x Polished Ingot ( Pure Bronze ingot , Pure Meteoric Ingot so on )

Each ingot tier adds 10 % base stats and 10 durability to crafted weapons /armor

2. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

A very good idea. I support this as it would make equipment more varied and continue adding depth to the crafting system.

Mal Hari, King Robert and yinki2 like this.
  3. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

Seems a good idea - as should be easy to implement. A couple of points:

- As you are basically applying a multiplier to the number of ingots used, is this not, in effect, the same outcome as now? In that the more times you 'burn' ingots making multiple items, in time the RNG will make a better one.
    - Just an observation> Increasing the 'base stats' only I think is key. Applying upgrades to anything else would duplicate and make obsolete Masterworking.

Just some thoughts.

.dao. and Mal Hari like this.
  4. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

You need the extra 10 durabilty as well/tier... to increase your chance to make something good out of it when you start the mw/ench process ....else you risk ending up with a tier 4 piece of gear you spend 30 days to gather mats for ,that is crappier then a tier one...

Mal Hari and Steevodeevo like this.
  5. Jefe

Jefe Avatar

So we technically had this before in that it took 2 copper + a catalyst to make the next tier. That's where my assumption was additional catalysts would be added. So Constantin Ingot + Bronze Ingot + catalyst = True Bronze Ingot. I had assumed that more catalysts would be added in future such as ep 2 content. (true bronze being mentioned in engraving kits that require both bronze and constantin).

If the change to just having more of the same to make a more refined version is coming, should the catalysts remain?

.dao. and Mal Hari like this.
  6. Lars vonDrachental

Lars vonDrachental Avatar

@Elrond
    Well..I think too the upgrade mechanic could be used in other parts of the game but why are you just suggesting ingots?
    I guess you could refine in a similar way spools, leather or meat. ;)

Mal Hari likes this.
  7. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

I used ingots as an example ... the same principle can apply to all refined raws...and why not even meat for food .

Mal Hari, Gravidy and Anpu like this.
  8. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

The problem with crafting is not in the component system. That is actually fairly varied, and with the additional "tier 3" components they they are talking about (and have started adding to the Outskirts), there are enough different "pieces" to make interesting items. If they want to expand it, make the "artifact" subcomponents into actual components that could be used to make different items (like the Staff of Xen usable with any bowstring).

So while I wouldn't object to this addition, the only reason to use it would be if the masterwork/enchanting system was fixed so that making the desired items is at least reasonable.

Mal Hari and Vaiden Luro like this.
  9. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

Our views differ i guess ... even though tier 3 components can be included to craft weapons ... i dont see them as part of the crafting chain because you dont need any crafting skills ( or very minimal ) to make said weapon ... same as artifacts ... what do i see as part of the crafting chain ? ..Anything that is affected by the craft skills .... so yes dropped components that have no link whatsoever with crafting skills will make more interesting items ... but like i said i dont see them as part of the crafting system.

Would i like to see more components from dropped weapons or artifacts ..sure ... but not at the detriment of expanding the craft system .

Its really not actually

We have armor

Leather armor - which everyone wants it with 13+ dex
    Cloth armor - which everyone wants it with 13+ int
    Chain - which everyone wants it with 13+ str
    Plate armor - which everyone wants it with 13+ str

and weapons that must have either str/dex/int

I simplified matters ofc... but whats inbetween/below that is considered low quality or unsellable ... if we link tiered ingots with certain effects ...for example we already have tiers of enchants /masterworks ... rare so on .... the higher the tier of ingots used to make a piece the higher the chance to see these enchants/mw proc. Eventually more ench/mw will be added to the list we could even have higher then rare maybe legendary enchants that will prolly cost 50 durab ..how will we add those to a 150 durab weap.... with increased durab from tiered ingots system that becomes more manageable .

Theres also the scarcity issue that this system will add to the game .. if you need xxx amount of ingots to make a pure ingots sword that means 64 less proccessed ingots swords on market... less garbage stuff on vendors ...less crafted gear on vendors ..suddenly crafted items have value.

It worked with artifacts turned their value up over night ...it will work with the craft system also..have no doubt.

Mal Hari, Anpu and Feldon Grimshaw like this.
  10. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

That's something I can get behind.

Elrond likes this.
  11. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Ah, see now that was the part that was missing. Yes, if the components used actually affected the chance of effects, then I'd be 100% behind this. But just to add durability and some minor increases to the component power, no.

That is interesting. Giving crafted items better value is great; however, doing that by inflating the raw materials, thus inflating the components, and the end results, without removing the RNG-of-death that is currently the issue, will just make the whole process even more infuriating. Anything worth having currently is priced insanely high already, so this would just make that worse.

.dao., Mal Hari, FrostII and 2 others like this.
  12. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I could support this if:
    • Items cannot be masterworked/enchanted if they use materials above tier 1.
    • The next tier requires 2x materials, not 4x.
    • This works for other materials too (wood, cloth).

Mal Hari likes this.
  13. Arlin

Arlin Avatar

Unless they fix the RNG I feel like this just makes the problem worse.

14. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

From what i seen so far with the rerolls ..rng is no longer an issue.

15. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I assume you're responding to my post. It's not about RNG, it's about having more and more powerful items in the game and the devs having to nerf skills in order to make up for it.

Gravidy and Mishikal like this.
  16. Arlin

Arlin Avatar

How so? I haven't played the release yet.

17. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

Rerolls do what their suppose to do..making gear is alot easier now ( good gear).

18. Curt

Curt Avatar

Tiered make sense, not that found of the 1:4 proportion however.
    Refine 100 (tier 1) => N (tier 2) where N depends on skill i would say.

Been bit annoyed that for enchants and masterworks the base material don't matters
    Enchants/masterworks on bronze should be slightly better than on copper.

19. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

20. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

In addition, it would be nice if it only took seconds to make the ingots. I've GM'd most crafting skills I care about. Still takes unnecessarily too long.

Time Lord, Numa and Elrond like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.