Patterns vs. scrap. Are you serious?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mimner, Jul 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mimner

Mimner Avatar

Listening to the live stream...

Okay, so we can't always get scrap when we salvage even if we get a pattern because its too much data to have us get more than one item per salvage. Fine. Can you just, for the love of god, give us a button to turn off the chance of getting a pattern so we can always get scrap if we want? We don't want worthless patterns. We want scrap!

dorkish, Xandra7, Arcanoxer and 11 others like this.
  2. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Then the answer is Salvage Recipes. Put in a recipe that if you put a salvagable item plus a sheet of paper, you get the current chance at patterns. If you don't, it's only scrap or components.

3. monkeysmack

monkeysmack Avatar

Or.. Create a Reverse Engineering skill that's a separate button on the GUMP for finding patterns only.

4. oplek

oplek Avatar

Or make it so you can scrap patterns.

Fister Magee likes this.
  5. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Lol... 5000 rusty patterns. Gonna be rich!

6. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

hey, some of those are kinda hard to find, if you're a completionist: i'm still working on rusty mace, i have a possible source for rusty two-handed mace, but i can find no log of having looted a rusty longsword ever at all. ...and it has to be looted, not picked up, to avoid the "you stole this, you get one scrap and nothing else" thing.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
  7. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

Salvaging rusted patterns is tremendously frustrating. I want scrap all of the time, if the tech cant be fixed such that its scrap + %chance pattern, then do not drop patterns for the lowest tier gear at all.

I cant imagine any player would prefer to get lowest tier patterns instead of scrap, ever. Im pretty sure we can all live without those patterns, if thats what it takes to get scrap from basic drops.

8. Ashyeena Marsh

Ashyeena Marsh Avatar

I recently salvaged some crown store armor for eternal patterns and noticed that I got both the eternal pattern and some leather scrap from the same item. So it does seem to be technically possible already to get scrap and pattern at the same time.

Ataniiq and Girlsname like this.
  9. Girlsname

Girlsname Avatar

I missed the stream: what time did they talk about it?

10. Jefe

Jefe Avatar

The concern is that each salvage situation is its own loot bundle. The argument was across the board changes are incredibly tedious thus less likely to be worked. One of those cases like all cloaks/backpacks etc. getting their own pattern sweep except larger.

11. Curt

Curt Avatar

My suggestion, have so each (none eternal) pattern has a reasonable chance to drop but once dropped will not drop for you again until 1 hour has passed.

12. nimueCW

nimueCW Bug Hunter

It's absolutely possible, in fact, this is how it used to work. There was also a chance to get both wood AND metal scrap on items like morning stars that had metal/wood parts. One day it just stopped working this way :(

Last edited: Jul 27, 2019
  13. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I really don't understand the opposition to lowering the tag value of patterns (like make them worth 2 instead of 10) and giving scrap with the pattern. It just baffles me.

14. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

I like the idea of having a recipe for making patterns, or even a separate skill like repair or salvage. Then people that don't want them would never have to mess with them, and you could even make special ones that require a high level of skill to get.

Browncoat Jayson likes this.
  15. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

I think one problem is that if you try to scrap 15 items and get scrap + pattern right away, suddenly you will have 16, and the process will stop. Remember, that 15 counts the total number of items in the table, not the number of scrappable items.
    Wasn't that when they added bulk salvage? It's that 15 item limit again.

16. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I don't think this would be an issue. You just won't be able to add items to the station until you lower the current number to less than 15. There are other things that work this way in the game. For instance, you can send all your lot decorations to the bank even if you have more decorations than bank slots.

17. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

i've got it! get @Chris to make an artifact that reduces the player's salvage skill. since the number of patterns you get goes way up at gm, drop below gm when you want scrap, and keep it high when you want patterns.

Elwyn, Jaesun and Feldon Grimshaw like this.
  18. nimueCW

nimueCW Bug Hunter

@Elwyn Probably. At least it tells us that the code is around somewhere to get multiple resources and/or a pattern and scrap (even if its less scrap)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.