So, now that crafting is worth pursuing vigorously...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cora Cuz'avich, Jul 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Anybody have any tips on earning XP? Or is mining in Elysium really the only/most efficient way to get decent amounts of crafting XP?

[EDIT: Will update this post with suggestions posted below.]

1. Corpion/Spider Poisons give 500 XP per batch. However, this is limited by the main ingredients being dropped from mobs.
    2. You can make wolf and bear headdresses and sell them to the one of the high paying NPC merchants. Which is gold neutral (but not time neutral) producer XP. (Spungwa)
    3. Make 1 or 2 of all recipe combinations, you get more producer XP the first few times you craft something. Not that this can only be done once, though, and is not a long-term method to earn decent amounts of XP. (Spungwa)
    4. Do agriculture, not much XP, but makes gold and gives 50 XP per planting point for the planting (nothing for the watering and harvesting). (Spungwa)
    5. Spider room in Resolute Sewers. Skinning spiders for XP, then making potions from venom sacs. Still not as good per hour as mining Elysium, but a good change of pace, plus lots of Spider Silk. (Violette Dyonisys)
    6. T5 scenes with lots of animals. (Savrenoc Stronghold, Deep Ravenswood.) Keep in mind if you keep all the skins and carcasses, your time will be limited before you become over encumbered. (Violette Dyonisys, Scooby Doo)
    7. Plant apples and bananas, make dyes. Appear to be 300 XP per, but with exceptionals, I seem to be averaging about 650 XP per. (Scooby Doo) Also Pumpkins (Jefe)

Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
    Rentier and Black Tortoise like this.
  2. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I know that some potions/poisons give decent XP, but it's mostly the ones that require dropped ingredients, which limits how much you can really get, since there's no way to get the materials other than grinding them. That said, Spider/Corpion posions are good XP if you're sitting on a pile of venom sacs and poison glands.

Rentier likes this.
  3. Spungwa

Spungwa Avatar

Couple of things work.

1) You can make wolf and bear headdresses and sell them to the one of the high paying NPC merchants. Which is gold neutral (but not time neutral) producer XP. Maybe other recipes that work too, not looked in to it for ages, but I think it still works.
    2) Make 1 or 2 of all recipe combinations, you get more producer XP the first few times you craft something.
    3) Do agriculture, not much XP, but makes gold and gives 50 XP per planting point for the planting (nothing for the watering and harvesting).
    4) Killing and skinning. Works well with 1 if you kill and skin bears and wolves for the heads. Can pool the butchering XP from the carcasses too.

Main thing is stop spending it and pool it and only spend it on the crafting you are trying to level, rather than level everything in crafting.

Regards
    Spung

Rentier and Jaesun like this.
  4. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

T5 zones with lots of animals! I like Savrenoc Stronghold because theres a whole bunch of wolves, bears, Piggies and spiders, with 3 reaper spawn points to get that lucky drop.

There is also those sewers with a crazy amount of small spiders spawning (cant recall which ones though, think it is in the courage quest first main town)

Rentier likes this.
  5. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Good tips! I think I'll update the original post to include a running list. I suspect there are a lot like potions, or the bear/wolf hats, that give good XP in short bursts.

Rentier likes this.
  6. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Resolute Sewers. It's not bad, but even if you take all the venom sacs and make poison potions, the XP per hour is still less than Elysium.

Rentier likes this.
  7. Scooby Doo

Scooby Doo Avatar

Plant apples and bananas, make dyes
    Deepravenswood has a lot of bears.

Rentier likes this.
  8. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

True, but then can transfered into making poisons, instead of being transfered into using your exp pool for MW! Helps build the pool twice!

Rentier likes this.
  9. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Sort of. Combined, the time spent in the sewer plus the time spent making potions is still not as good as spending that same amount of time in Elysium. But, it's a good change of pace from mining. And you'll probably never have to buy Spider Silk again, if you have a use for it.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
    Rentier and Violette Dyonisys like this.
  10. Spungwa

Spungwa Avatar

Oh and a big one, use jump to skip out of any meticulous harvests.
    If there is more things to mine/skin whatever from an XP point of view you get no more XP for the meticulous. So XP per time increases a large amount bypassing meticulous. XP per time is also increased by levelling swift <whatever> skill in the gathering skills. So worth getting them to at least 80. There are also artefacts like the belt of brutal butcher that increases skinning speed.

Regards
    Spung

Jaesun and Violette Dyonisys like this.
  11. Lained

Lained Avatar

Depends on the size of your farm. ;)

Astirian and Jaesun like this.
  12. Jefe

Jefe Avatar

Pumpkins as well, they are 5 pumpkins per dye and a cheaper seed at 6 gold per.

13. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

Oh god, now I'm envisioning even more headdresses in the loot drops....

Jaesun likes this.
  14. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

You get a headdress! You get a headdress! You get a headdress!

[​IMG]

K1000, Xandra7, The Hendoman and 3 others like this.
  15. Crendel

Crendel Avatar

I like using the rotting flesh from Tarturs zombie room. I make the festering potion. And with the slimes I make whichever potion that is. Level 70 potion so do is good

Last edited: Jul 27, 2019
    K1000, Rentier and Violette Dyonisys like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.