Not being able to trade quest items, a bad idea

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vladamir Begemot, Jul 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Why?

Some people want more and don't want to have to make a bunch of alts to farm them. Some people do want to make the alts and trade their time for a realistically small amount of gold.

Take the Frostgeist skulls for example. They sell for 10k a piece (or used to, don't know if they do now)

Why? Because some people don't want to have to make a bunch of alts in order to have the dozen or so they need for their deco project.

Other people will go out and farm them and make some gold out of them. Good for them! Good for the person that doesn't want to farm them but DOES need them for another use.

Don't limit our ability to trade stuff like that. It's a bad idea.

Cordelayne and Spinok like this.
  2. Oakenhammer

Oakenhammer Avatar

Is this in response to something?

3. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

The deco changes are partially so they can make quest items not tradeable.

4. CarlNZ

CarlNZ Avatar

There needs to be some equivalents to soulbound in this game. If someone is willing to grind alts to get item , they've earned them. Its not as impressive to see purchased stuff.

5. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

You're literally just talking about taking away peoples options. "Sorry, you can't have more banners because we say it's not impressive unless you get them yourself."

One of the nicest things about Shroud is that there is a lot of freedom. If I want an extra Used Gliesterstien, I can go buy it, I don't have to create an entire other account to go get it.

Guess what? I'll just not get it rather than making another account.

The guy who would have spent those hours doing it, he's now got less to do, and I have a less cool looking house. Everyone loses.

6. Nubby

Nubby Avatar

the changes are so they can make the no trade quest items placeable. The rewards we get wouldn't be changed

7. Nubby

Nubby Avatar

So the axe, spear, and sword we got today in south midmaer would be able to be placed but not traded

8. CarlNZ

CarlNZ Avatar

And you're literally taking about making everything ho hum common. The fact that you wouldn't go do it means that someone who would had something impressive to display that their neighbor can't see, think "oh cool" and wander off to the shops and setup right next door in 10 minutes.

9. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Did they actually say this or did they just say that you will be able to place quest items soon (quest items are already not tradable)?

10. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

If everyone has the same unique one of a kind item for doing the same quests, they're already ho-hum common. The only difference is.. instead of two people having 1 each.. one has two and the other has none. Not seeing the issue here.

The only items that shouldn't be tradable are ones that are still required to for quests.. if it's purely a trophy item then what is the issue?

FrostII and Vladamir Begemot like this.
  11. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

No. Frostgeist skulls have been in game and tradeable for a couple years now. They aren't ho hum common. Same for many of the other items that may not be tradeable (or similar types) in the future.

If suddenly we can't trade virtue gear, I've got to remove entire sections of my guide telling newbies how to get on their feet quickly. Sorry noobs, no more high value items for you, you'll just have to get to where you can solo ruined keep first.

They said something along the lines of making it so people can't farm quest items. I realize some aren't tradeable, but many have been for a long time now.

In the end, every time you take away peoples options it diminishes the game a bit.

12. Nubby

Nubby Avatar

Chris keeps saying that part of the permission changes is so that eventually we can place no trade items as deco and keep them as no trade. Not so that the quest rewards like the frostgeist skulls are no trade. Things like the crystal sword pledge reward, or some of the gold quest items at the bottom of the inventory.

13. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Exactly. I like having more than one Lost Vale crystal ball. I also don't really have time or inclination to get two. So by removing my ability to have gotten it you've taken away a deco item I like (strike one) and an incentive for someone else to go do that multiple times, ie more gameplay for them (strike two.) What has been gained?

I'm sure they won't take away old ones, but it sounded like they are trying to discourage farming, which means future items they will be creating. But that's just taking away future great deco, or forcing people to make alts.

Why is the Crystal Sword no trade anyway? What would be wrong with letting people sell that one? It's a one time item, if someone wants to buy/sell it let them. I'm not understanding the tightening down of freedom here.

14. CarlNZ

CarlNZ Avatar

Yeah, but they guy who has a bunch of them isn't ho hum common. In Vlad's term, if it's hard for people to do things that are difficult than that's strike one.

15. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

No, don't put words in my mouth please.

There are a lot of different play styles in this game, and they are usually mutually supportive. When you start removing the freedom of different play styles, you start removing the reasons for people to play.

There are people who never leave town. A decorator may never want to go to Lost Vale, ever, ever. But they may want to purchase many of the orbs over the course of their time in Shroud. If you remove the ability for the decorator to buy that orb, then you have removed their great deco from their game, and the adventurers great loot. Everyone loses.

16. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

I think they are talking about items that are not tradeable are not able to be used as deco because others can pick them up and then get them that way, like the elderberry seeds were. You could not trade them but, if you put them down on your lot and planted them, give the other person lot permission they could then pick up the planter and get them that way. I dont think they are talking about quest items like banners and stuff, but maybe I am wrong and they are going to kill me being able to sell all the ones I got on my vendors.

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  17. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Hopefully you're right, but I thought he saiid they didn't want you (not specifically you) doing quests and selling the objects.

Again, bad idea if that's the case. Inventing problems where they don't exist.

18. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

Who cares about this stuff? who asked for this? what a horrible waste of time... the previous system was fine, hopefully this all has something to do with creating quest in player dungeons..... or else I can only /doublefacepalm

19. Nubby

Nubby Avatar

When he was talking about people doing quests and selling the items he was talking about people selling the items needed to complete the quest. That is why they are already notrade. They want people to do the quests, not just buy them and turn them in for xp.

Jaesun and Bedawyn like this.
  20. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Ah, thanks for the clarification. That makes total sense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.