Black Sails and Obsidian Purgatory

Discussion in 'The Library' started by CatherineRose, Jul 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

I woke from a sleep of death

[​IMG]
    What is this place?

It is spine chilling cold and smells of rotting flesh.
    There are only thin slivers of light coming from above. The light seems to be bony fingers reaching from above and down onto the stone floor below where I now sit.

[​IMG]

How did I get here?
    The last things remembered were the glassy eyes of the dead after the last fierce battle brought about by trying to rid our land of the evil Obsidians.
    I, along with Boris Mondragon, the elegant pirate, were docking our ships, the Misti Sea and the Dragon in our home port, Port Dragomir Mori.
    We were just returning from the last battle in Luna City .
    It was a devastating battle with many lives lost.

I remember seeing Paladin Michael, Captain Stu Gotz, Captain Monkeysmack, Captain Alpha Fishsticks heading with their ships toward the sea with their hospitals full of the injured and dying men. Captain Trinity worked with her crew helping the last of the injured to her ship, The Tempest. I looked into her face which was usually confident and strong but there was horror and tiredness etched into her eyes. The mental anguish had taken a great toll on her as it had on all of the Black Sails captains.

Try as I may the memory of what happened after our docking took place will not come into my mind. The only part of my memory that is clear is that the Obsidians succeeded in finding all but one of the pieces which they needed to conquer the world's communication which would have brought about the greatest catastrophy that our world has ever known.

"Hello." I whispered into the dark.
    "Is anyone here?"
    My voice is all I heard and my heart felt a welling dread in my chest. The muscles in my arms and neck were tight as I became more aware of being alone. Being alone is not always bad but right now being alone in the dark , hearing no sounds is really terrifying.

" What is that odor that weighs the air down into the pores of my skin?"
    I leaned forward as my whole body shook with agonizing heaves of my stomach contents.
    Sitting as still as possible the urge from my stomach finally quieted.
    I then try to will my shaking legs to stand up but to no avail. They can not find the strength to raise my body. The more effort is exerted the harder my heart pounds.
    The pounding is so loud it began hurting my ears.

As my eyes began to adjust to the dark I look down and there in front of me is what appears to be a small little animal.
    [​IMG]

When the attempt is made to move closer to it it began to move. It moved silently and ever so slowly. "What is it"? Then it raised itself up about two feet off the ground. It seemed to have a dark fuzzy little body with long arms and legs. It had small piercing eyes that looked at me wondering what I was just as I wondered what it was.

"Hello little one, do not be afraid".
    I chuckled to myself saying those words for I was just as afraid as he looked to be.
    The little creature backed up into the wall behind him and squinted his eyes all the while keeping them focused on me.

Exhaustion took over our effort to learn more of this place and of each other.
    We fell into a deep sleep unaware of the lurking danger in the dark as this unknown adventure begins.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2019
    Adam Crow, Mal Hari, Mingo and 10 others like this.
  2. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Razulah looked at Boris knowing the man was upset at the crushing defeat in Luna City. Many of the Dragon's crew was injured and some deep soul searching was due. The more he thought of the responsibility on his shoulders the more he raged. As Razulah put his hand on Boris's shoulder he turned towards his friend containing his temper. Boris' eyes had turned red, it was the bloodlust that surfaced from time to time.

"Not now brother, take care of the wounded an keep the crew ready for what is to come. I had a dream in which there is an Elven Citadel called the Rise. In the dream I am to search for a special amulet that will offset the Obsidian Talisman's power. In that dream I was told though the power of the Talismans has not been used their power can and did turn the tide of the battle. It was not just the talismans but also my lack of planning that caused the mission to fail. I will disappear after midnight as I will go alone to face the Elven Citadel. I will come back with the amulet we need. Let our Pirate Queen and others know of my mission and to rest assured that I will return."

Razulah nodded in agreement. He knew the Captain may be defeated but will always come back stronger and more focused. He watched the man prepare his armor and weapons and walked back to the main deck to oversee and help with the injured and damage to the "Dragon".

For three days the Captain travelled towards Resolute, through Superstition Canyon until he saw the hidden entrance to the Elven Citadel. Upon entering he grated his longswords against the wall making a shrieking noise. He let the elves know he was there and there was nothing they could do about it. The bloodshed that ensued was unseen before. He saw one remaining Elven Mage who spoke to him.

"You will find the Elven Knight who will dispatch you permanently."

He opened up a bag and let the contents roll towards the Elven Mage.

"This one? he had a bad day and so will the rest of you here until I find what I came for".

That was the last thing that Elven Mage saw before he was beheaded and his head kicked to a corner. This was only the beginning of the savagery the pirate would unleash on the Rise.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
  3. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

BAM!

A loud banging could be heard echoing through the odd silence that now possessed the sandstone cliffs. The familiar sillouette of sequanna could be seen looming high above against the speckled night sky.

BAM! CRRACK!

A hail of wooden splinters fell from a rope bridge once granting access to the top of a sandstone pillar high above the sands of the desert.

"......aaaaaaaAAAAAAAAHHHH" THUD

Arkah suddenly fell amongst the splinters but landed hard on his feet with one fist to the ground. A empty flask came soon after smashing into the sand like a dart without shattering.

"Oops." He said quietly, standing and dusting himself off. He picked up the empty flask, which sported an etching of a Cat on the face of it and put it into his satchel. He held his hand to his brow and searched the cliff and saw a bag hanging from the ledge he had just fallen from, and sighed with exasperation. It was full of equipment, gems, and gold he had accumulated in the area.

"If I leave it the cultists will just end up with it again." He said, trying to motivate himself to retrieve it. In the area there were remnants of broken auto-ballistae and several now unmanned barricades. He entered a wooden lift, which recently was heavily guarded, to gain access to the camp above from which he had just fallen. As the wooden platform came to a squeaking halt, he was greeted by a cultist wizard that barely had time to begin a chant before Arkah drew a spiked club and laid the cultist hard into the ground, before picking him up by the collar and saying "See how YOU like it" before tossing the wizard over the edge of the cliff. Arkah walked casually over to the bag hanging on the edge near the rope bridge and threw it over his back.

"That's one more camp not in service!" Arkah exhaled. The light of dawn was just barely beginning to show as Arkah took the lift back down, and began to make his way over the dunes towards Desolis to sell his loot.
    [​IMG]

4. Drya

Drya Avatar

Drya stood on the roof of her houme in Arx Draconis, looking in the direction of Superstition Canyon. Strange rumblings had begun to trouble the area from that direction. She wondered if the ever increasing sounds of distant battle issued from The Rise. It was part of the Elven Realm, but of late seemed troubled by undead. There had been a section that a Lich mage and his undead minions had usurped some time ago. But lately there was talk of a passage opening from The Rise into the Elven Realm of Tartarus where undead, death slimes and zombies now competed with the Elves for dominance in its underground corridors. Peace seemed such a tenuous state of being in Novia of late! What would this mean for the men and women in Resolute, Bramble and Jannaford? She shivered as her mind raced unbidden to dire thoughts of what might issue forth from Supersition Canyon to trouble Novia. Sometimes it is good to live on an island, with a buffer of water between her home and the mainland. Still, such thoughts did not totally allay her fears of what evil might issue forth to trouble the land.

5. Trinity

Trinity Avatar

I can confirm there is a passage open from Tartarus to The Rise. Unfortunately for me, I was not expecting it to lead into a dragon lair. A hasty exit before my demise was all that saved me. When I return, I will be better prepared.

6. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

My head was spinning and the room took a strange tilt as I tried to stand up from the hard stone floor.
    [​IMG]
    The little fuzzy creature was staring at me with his big eyes wondering, I am sure, "what is that strange looking creature?
    She has funny metal wrappings all over her body which makes her look like one of the creatures I saw scampering around in the desert. Let me think. Yes, I remember now she looks like an Armadillo except her tail must have been injured in a fight for it is missing."

I backed up away from the little fuzzy animal and stared back at him.
    "Come here little one. I will not hurt you."

This area reminds me of some prison walls I came across some days back. It was in the middle of a desert near Desolis.
    However, we can not be in the desert of Desolis because there are so many green trees close by.
    Come fuzzy creature. Let's cross the green treed area and go into that gate in front of our path.

We entered the gate just to be hit with an arrow that must have had some kind of magic on it.
    We began to float through the air. Two Elves with tall pointed hats were carrying us quickly just a few feet above the ground.
    We were dropped into a large slimy dark hole abruptly. The Elves had disappeared. There we lay until the magic wore off. We both stood up to find that we were in a hallway of some kind.

We began to inspect the area and saw that there were several corridors. We followed one of the passages and came to a wall which was broken into pieces. The little fuzzy creature hid behind me which forced me to slowly creep forward following close to the wall. There was just barely enough light to be able to see there was a large room a few steps away. We continued forward entering the room but no one was in the room. I released my breath from relief while the little creature ran around and around the edges of the room. There were three doorways in the room. We quietly went to one of the doorways and saw a narrow hallway which was so black it was even darker than storm clouds billowing before the lightening and rain begin. No, No NO don't run so far.

Something is just not right in here. A feeling of dread began to overtake my thoughts.
    "Let's get away from here for now." We turned and ran as fast as we could run.
    The whole while my heart was pounding with fear.
    "Little fuzzy creature, I am known as the Pirate Queen at home.
    Right now I don't feel like a Pirate much less a Pirate Queen.
    My fear is making me want to leave this strange place and never return.

"Let's find something to eat. Maybe we then will find others to help us find out about this area. I wish Snow were here to send a message back to the Black Sails leader, Captain Boris Mondragon as well as Captain Stu Gotz, Captain Alpha Fishsticks, Captain Trinity and Captain Monkeysmack. Oh and EMPstrike would be able to tell us what magic plants we may need for the coming days. He has done a lot of traveling into all the land of Novia"

"Little fuzzy creature I think we should give you a name. But let us sleep first. Tomorrow we will find your name."

My sleep was fitful with terrible and scary images before my eyes. There were big skeletons with bows shooting arrows wanting to kill. One of the big creatures had a black robe with dead face and evil eyes flying above the ground. There was a terrifying evil smiling painted face just laughing and laughing.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Giant Polar bears were rearing back in rage running toward us. Suddenly we were going into a
    fog that surrounded trees with skinny fingers and arms reaching to grab us. Spiders were crawling everywhere.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    There was fire all around with so much screaming and the sounds of terror in many voices was so loud.
    "Where are we being taken in this dark night? "

[​IMG]

The light at the end of the corridor was pulling us toward it. We had no way to stop the journey.

"NOOO that can not be!!!!!!! NOOOOO!"

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
  7. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

The last thing I remember is playing in my mind but I do not want to remember the fire and terror of night.

I wrap my arms around the fuzzy little creature and we again fell into a sleep but this time
    we were in a tavern with my dearest friend ,
    my life long friend, Trinity.

I was standing in front of a beautiful portrait of a young virile and handsome man.

He was standing straight and tall with his carved staff in one hand in a small cloud of gentle smoke holding in his other hand the reins of the most beautiful horse I had ever seen.
    She was so regal with her mane flowing in perfect silkiness down the side of her head. Her tail brushed slightly away from her body.
    She appeared to be in some kind of deep thought.

"As I stood looking at the portrait I felt a strange sensation as if she were interjecting her memories into my mind. There was peace for the moments I stood and listened to her quiet thoughts. The thoughts were replaying her young life before the eyes and ears of my mind. There, at the bottom of the portrait was the name Possum Rose."

"Trinity". "I think we may have had too much rum to drink. My mind is about to be out of control.
    Rather than returning home tonight let's stay here in the tavern until the morrow. We can relax and meet some of these town folks as well."

(CatherineRose , governor of Dragomir Mori, Pirate Queen of the Black Sails pirates, as quite and caring as all others in the town, found herself in a most unusual dream. She started her journey in the Black Sails Purgatory and Obsidians yet as time continued, events , strange and wonderful, unfolded as they often do in this land called Novia.
    She saw visions of Gnomes, Red Hat ones even!

CatherineRose realized she was in two dreams at the same time. How can that be? There surely are answers to be found! )

As suddenly as the peaceful dream began the nightmare of the Black Sails and the Obsidian Purgatory returned. The fuzzy little creature and I, with a jarring crash of boards, were hurled forward into a darkness. We began falling into the open black space.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
  8. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

Hours later but what seemed like many days later Fuzzy and I woke at the bottom of what appeared to be a cave. It was cold and with the stench of rotting water mixed with some kind of slime floating all around. I stood up and reached for Fuzzy, hoping he was not hurt in the fall. I could feel his little pieces of sparse fur on his head and feel the trembling of his body in my hands. We could not see each other for the blackness was stark and complete with not even a glimmer of light.

We stood still fearing to move, not knowing where our steps would lead next.
    I began to remember strange dreams. Dreams of a very handsome man standing with the most beautiful horse I had ever seen. My friend, Trinity, was with me as was Fuzzy. We were drinking mugs of warm rum and bumble. There were others in the room with a warm fire. There was a strange man named Mingo speaking to his friends all the while referring to the rest of us there as lurkers. Most odd, however, was at the same time this dream was taking place, Fuzzy and I were in a nightmare. This nightmare returned as suddenly as the beautiful and peaceful dream had quietly interrupted the terror of fire and screams and death all around.
    Now, the horror of the nightmare returned.
    [​IMG]
    I realized I was dreaming of what had happened right before falling through the black space of complete darkness. The battle of my beloved pirates, my friends and neighbors from Dragomir Mori, my companions around Novia had been in battle in our attempt to rid our land of the evil that had taken root across all of Novia. There was not even one town that had not been touched this last time by the evil Obsidians. We had learned that there were two factions, two parts of Obsidians. One part who had broken away from the other during the great cataclysmic event when Novia was formed. One group of Obsidians took to their own way and corrupted the truth of the virtues which were still held so dear by the other group of Obsidians. The evil group were leading the way into a purgatory that could destroy all of Novia if they were able to gain the power of total communication. The other group of Obsidians still held to the truth and honor of the glorious and righteous virtues.
    [​IMG]
    Falling into the complete blackness my eyes can see the vision of this truth of worthy virtues in all of Novia.

"Little Fuzzy when we find out where we are and understand how we came to fall into this terror I vow to gather others
    from our beloved land together with all our Black Sails captains."

I am full of hope that Captain Mondragon will accomplish his mission in the Rise. I am sure the strength of his determination
    gave full dread to the Elvin Citadel in Superstition Canyon. I have never been deserted by Captain Boris and am sure he will find the way to
    retrieve the final piece of communication the evil Obsidians from hell itself in their purgatory they themselves have devised to again return.

Razulah has spent many hours with Captain Mondragon and
    knows his way like the back of his hand.
    Their dedication to each other is legendary.
    However, the love and loyalty is nothing compared to the life work
    Captain Boris Mondragon was given years ago to rid the evil and bring peace to the land.
    Loyalty will prevail.
    If we must fight in every City and Hamlet across Novia we shall battle.

We have our Elegant Pirate, the great and fearless pirate, Captain/ Admiral Boris Mondragon.
    We have the Sea Goddess rising from the sea to help guide the way.

We have the God of the Universe to protect our lives.
    We have hope. We have truth. We have love.

We lost the last battle as we fought in Luna City.
    We will fight many more battles across our land in the effort to be free and peaceful again.
    This may take days, weeks, months or even years but out freedom from oppression
    and hatred is worth all the effort it may take. Those are with us will be with us.
    As we go towns will join us and battles will take the toll of life
    And now, little one, my little Fuzzy. Lets find some answers as to where we are and
    to where we should now go.
    Take up the battle cry as we forward march.

One Land and One Voice.
    Who is with us can not be against us!

Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
  9. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

For weeks the pirate had made his home between Resolute and the hidden entrance through the Resolute Sewers. He would stop at the Resolute blacksmith to have his weapons and armor cleaned and oiled. He hated the smell of elves and the smell of the sewers turned his stomach yet he die what he had to do. He had found two parts of an object and both parts fir together to shape part of a quarter moon. The long end had a key shape at its end but he had no idea how they worked. He needed someone with expertise to research these two items more at depth. He know of one that could do the job known as @Arkah EMPstrike whom he had met before the battle of Dragomir. An idea occurred and Boris used one of his Teleport Scrolls to travel back to the "Dragon".

He felt himself materialize on the top deck of the ship and could hear Razulah barking orders to the crew. He had been blessed with an exceptional Lieutenant who could handle any mission without hesitation and grinned as the tall dark man saw him from the ship's entrance.

"Captain, how long ya been there? I did not hear you".

"Brother, I had to use one of those hated scrolls that tear at the fabric of the souls out of necessity. I have a mission for you. Send out scouts to Ordinis Mortis to seek Arkah. Ask him to take these two items that join together and see if he can figure out what they are and how to use them. I must return to Resolute and back to the Rise to look for any others and feel there is one last item that makes it whole and functional. Any sightings of that hot tempered neighbor? I kind of miss our conversations or to be more precise arguments. I am sure she is doing a great job as Fleet Admiral in my absence which may be prolonged. Give my regards to the Pirate Queen as I must depart".

The two men clasped hands and with the brief magic words Boris disappeared as quickly as he had appeared. An angel of death had been unleashed upon the elves of the Rise and his work was unfinished.

10. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

What....What....ohhhh..... I moaned...

[​IMG]

I opened my eyes and was looking into the staring and curious eyes of little Fuzzy.
    His big nose was touching my nose. When he saw that I was awake he started making little sqeaking sounds almost like a new born kitten.
    Fuzzy started licking my face so joyfully and then turned around and around in circles.
    He could not contain his excitement and ran from the room.
    In doing so he ran into a cart that held a bowl of uneaten soup. It came crashing to the floor and the soup
    hit the ceiling and then dripped down the wall.
    Trinity then ran to my bed and fell to her knees with a cry of joy and anguish all at the same time.
    She buried her head in the clothes that covered the bed and wept.

"My friend, what is wrong. Why do you cry in this way?"

All she seemed to be able to say was
    we thought you were dead. Then we thought you were dying.

Captain Boris found you after the battle and brought you here.
    His heart was full of rage and his soul was in great turmoil for you, The Black Sails Pirate Queen was near death.
    You did not even move for several days. Captain Boris had Razulah give you some special healing potions with instructions
    that you were to be watched for signs of life.
    Captain Boris was in a rage over the loss of life during the battle in Luna City and
    then when he found you he vowed he would go to a place called The Rise.
    He would take revenge on those evil ones who dared take your life from us.

He also vowed to search for the rest of the articles that the evil Obsidians wanted so desperately in order
    to combine with the Primal Power in order that their power of communication would rule our world.
    He has not returned yet. That was many days ago. You have not made any improvement in all this time.

Fuzzy jumped up on the bed and hid himself under the blanket that covered my bandaged body.

"Trinity, please, what happened? What battle?"

11. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

[​IMG]
    A small dock near Arkah’s lab in Ordinis Mortis shined a bit in the fresh light of dawn. The marsh was calm, the giant cedar tree rustling slightly in the breeze, the water rippling lightly as a bass flopped near some reeds. A trout lept near the same reeds, then a couple more bass.

Fish were now leaping out of the river and onto the shore.

Rudely interrupting the serenity of the scene, Arkah emerged from the water head first with a rope over his shoulder as if struggling to drag something heavy uphill. As he came ashore into the shallows, a wooden crate surfaced behind him tied to a rope he was pulling on. “I found it!” He yelled grinning twards his lab to noone, now frowning realizing Joe had quit and was no longer there. Now ashore, he dropped the rope and stretched out his back. Looking around at the several fish he had accidently scared ashore, he produced a trident and skewerd the flopping snacks and slid them into the box he had just liberated from the water. “Plant fooooood” he sang aloud shoving the wet crate next to a large planting pot beneath a series of scaffolds leading up to the mouth of a flesh flayer as tall as house.

[​IMG]

Razulah looked a bit wary as he approached Arkah’s section of the marsh, seeing him atop the scaffolding tossing fish into the mouth of a giant plant spawned of chaotic obsidian magic. Razulah cupped his hands around his mouth and yelled up at “Arkah!”. Arkah jumped a bit and dropped a bass. “Razulah? Is Boris here?” He asked brushing his hands off and looking around, almost disregarding Razulah entirely. Razulah approached the property, keeping sideways glances to the giant man-eater. “Nay, he sent me with a request for ya.” Meeting Arkah at the bottom of the scaffolding ramp he handed him a bag. “The captain wishes you to find out what you can about these objects.” Arkah opened the bag to reveal the pieces of an object Boris had sent him.

[​IMG]

12. Trinity

Trinity Avatar

Trinity waited at the bedside for a very long time while CatherineRose was near death.

Trinity went to the Misty Sea and got CatherineRose's Pallas Cat "Butterball".
    CatherineRose loved that cat and if anything could wake her it would be Butterball.
    For many days, Butterball laid on the bed with CatherineRose.
    Occasionally she would lick her face.
    But today something magical happened...

She woke up!

CatherineRose said:

"I opened my eyes and was looking into the curious eyes of little Fuzzy."
    "His big nose was touching my nose. When he saw that I was awake he started making little squeaking sounds almost like a new born kitten."
    "He started licking my face and then turned around and around in circles."

Trinity giggled through the tears of joy...

That is not Fuzzy, that is Butterball your cat.
    You must have been dreaming.

[​IMG]

We can talk about the battle later.
    Now, we need to get you something to eat and a soothing cup of tea.

I will prepare a bath for you and some broth with warm tea.
    After all this time I know these will soothe your mind and spirit.

[​IMG]
    After you bathe and have eaten we sit and talk.

13. Violet Green

Violet Green Avatar

Captain Violet Green grimaced and handed the message to Aslinne Gradh who put down her paring knife and half peeled potato to read it.

Aslinne frowned "That's not right" she whispered to herself "where are all these Obsidians coming from?"

Captain Green did not hear her. She was quickly and quietly scribbling a response to Captain Mondragon.

14. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Arkah stepped into his "office" and plopped the objects Razluah had delivered to him on the table and promptly plopped down in his chair. Leaning forward grabbing his knees to look more purposeful, he gave a nice glare to the object. The object stared back at him expectantly, and Arkah raised a brow. It didnt really but this is what he imagined. Arkah slapped his knees and stood back up, putting the things in his pocket when he noticed the large flesh flayer had stopped swaying, but started again once the object had been placed in his pocket. He removed it from his pocket and noticed the flayer had gradually begun stopping its rhythmic movements again.

After a brief pondering session, Arkah pocketed the key-like object and set down the road through the woods tward Paxlair, where he would catch a ferry to the island town Caelestis Canton, where he had recently come upon an entity he couldn't figure out.

After arriving and greeting Melian the Banker, who retorted with a awkward wink, Arkah met up with Xalia, a former bounty master Arkah had employed in Malus.

[​IMG]

"Has it moved?" Arkah asked while peeking over the slick black perimeter wall of the small lot. "No," Xalia replied looking toward arkah in a bit of an annoyed manner "and people have been coming and going as they please because you didn't wall this area off completely. Why do i have to guard the door when someone can just sneak around back where there is no wall?" She huffed in protest. "Those sections came alive" arkah reminded her.
    "Well a guy got in and choked to death on the gas." She said almost nonchalantly. "It was one of the resident outlanders though so i wasn't that worried."

Earlier int he month, Arkah and Xalia had begun construction on this new lab when some unknown circumstances had cause the Black Ice being used to melt and mold into an immobile entity that seemed to emit a strange blue fog that began to spread through the area. They had managed to contain the fog but the area inside the walls was still dangerous to breath in.

As Arkah entered the lot, he immediately noticed the blue haze beginning to thin out. He removed the key-like object from his pickets and laid it on the Dias in the center of the lot. The blue gas seemed to be fading around it, and through the small barricade he placed around the entity, he could see its large red eye turn to look at the object.

[​IMG]

The only conclusion he could come to was that this thing Captain Boris had found seems to have some affect on obsidian magic, or Chaotic magic. Either a repulsion or a Draw, or both under different circumstances. Arkah sat at his piano and began writing a letter to mail back to Boris along with the key.

15. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Boris had finished his personal quest to disrupt the elven trade to and from the Rise. He would return there again to continue his guerrilla tactics once they replenished their supplies. His crewmember/scout at Resolute would inform him of any heavy traffic so he took the opportunity to get some minor wounds tended to and inform his old friends in Serenite. He had learned form the Resolute gossip that Duke William and hia Archmage Magnus had returned and knew it was time to return home to visit.

He took out one of the seldom used teleport scrolls and uttered the magic words that would take him there. He arrived shortly and ran into one of the guards who pointed him to the Inn. He needed some rum to overcome the effects of the scroll travel and looked forward to seeing old friends once more. Some of the townfolk looked at him as if they had seen a ghost. One of the town maidens who worked at the Inn smiled as he approached.

"Captain, we were informed you died in the battle of Luna City. Come on in and warm your bones, I will inform the guards to seek Genereal Mac, the Duke and others of your arrival. "

He smiled at the woman. "Please get me a table, some rum and check to see if any mail has arrived for me". It felt good to be home and he could imagine the look on the faces of his friends knowing trouble had just arrived at their door.

16. Violet Green

Violet Green Avatar

Violet looks down at the pile of mail and swears. She flicks a few scrolls out of the way and flips another out of the way entirely. There is a small scroll addressed to Captain Boris Mondragon laying exactly where it should not be. It should be on it's way to Captain Mondragon. She curses the tides and every barnacle on the ship. Then purposefully picks it up and walks over to the mail box.

Under her breath she talks to Kitty who pads quietly at her side, "I know something is amiss, but Captain Mondragon, dead? I don't believe it."
    Kitty gives Violet a sidelong gaze for only a split second then purrs as Violet gives her an absentminded pat on the head.

Violet drops the scroll in the mailbox at the end of the pier. "Where are you now, Boris Mondragon?"

Paladin Michael and Adam Crow like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.