Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Responded] Decorating hell

Discussion in 'Release 68 Feedback' started by Mishikal, Jul 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Can anyone answer the bank question? If I store a property via magic movers with items that were placed by another, and the permission level is private, will they remain on the lot or will they get sent back to the bank of the person who placed them?

Also, I found that it's not all my lots that are set to private, only (so far) my oldest ones. I'm guessing it's an old setting they've kept (they were placed long before the original tenant feature was added, which I think is when the change was made).

2. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

I know the answer now, and it's not good, either. Although it doesn't send the items to the bank.... new thread upcoming.

3. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

4. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

These are results posted in another thread that will be deleted, so entering them here for @Lord Subtleton to have them consolidated:

5. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

6. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

7. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

8. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

s, and that will (2) allow them to give out more and nicer but non-tradable prizes and rewards without worrying about people using alts just to get free stuff that they can turn around and sell. This change is a step toward that better system.

Which isn't to say that the insufficiently tested current implementation of it is justifiable. Just don't want people thinking that the hassle is all for the sake of chess and checkers that will benefit only a few people, when it's really in service to a goal that will benefit most of us.[/QUOTE]
    I read this 3 times and still dont understand a single word of why any of this is needed.... nothing makes sense in what you wrote and you have 3 likes.... please anyone jump in...

when did non-tradeable items become a problem as to bork a whole system that already worked fine, what is even the relation to non-tradeable items have to do with everyone having access to moving everone else's deco? why just make non-tradeables placeable as deco in the first place forced private?

9. Fenrus MacRath

Fenrus MacRath Avatar

Well, if that is the case, that seems like a valid reason fot the bother. I'd LOVE to mount my INTACT crystal swords

10. Fiero Steele

Fiero Steele Avatar

Same here :)

Barugon likes this.
  11. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

You can cheat at chess in real life, too, but people still play it and just agree not to cheat.

Not saying this was well implemented (I've un-chapterhoused my lot too :(), and I've never understood why the chessboard and pieces where different objects.

12. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I truely feel that people should not be able to move decorations that have a higher permission than their own.

Sarek, Justyn04, Tiina Onir and 2 others like this.
  13. Lord Subtleton

Lord Subtleton Developer Emeritus

Thank you to everyone who provided feedback on the new permissions system. The new feature that allows free movement of all decorations on a lot for players with Kindred or above access is intended to allow for more collaborative decorating. If you've been keeping up with the live steams, you know we are building new decoration tools based on the foundation established this release. We hope that players will enjoy the new-found freedom of being able to move decorations independent of permission to take the item. With all that said, we know that some players prefer to have more fine-grained controls. There is a new option in Lot Permissions UI - "Strict Deco Move Permission", which ties the ability to move a decoration to having permission to take it.

14. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Thanks.

15. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

@Lord Subtleton thank you very much for taking the time to review the reported issues and to quickly issue changes to accommodate player needs!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.