1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Remove Unneeded Fish Recipes

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Bedawyn, Jul 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

Please, please, please -- stop cluttering up the recipe book with free starter recipes for both processing fillets and trophies for fish that the new player has never even heard of, much less caught.

It's one thing to start out with free recipes for salmon and trout. But I have 22 processing fish recipes in my book, and 27 trophy recipes, including ones for rare and lava fish. Their sheer numbers make it difficult to scroll down and find the more common and more useful recipes that I'm actually looking for. And it makes the difficulty of acquiring other recipes for things that ought to be common (or at least not rare) even more frustrating, when I'm staring at recipes I'll never need for processing ammonites and dunklesaurus trophies. If I've no idea as a new player what a dunklesaurus is or where to find it, I shouldn't automatically know how to make a trophy out of it.

Simply sell the less-common processing recipes at the butcher's or the fishmonger's and the trophy recipes at the fishing merchant's. Reserve the recipes for rare fish for merchants in cities close to scenes where the rare fish can be caught. Then people who need those recipes will still be able to find them easily, but the rest of us won't have our recipe books cluttered with things we don't need.

2. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

I do agree that the number of recipes available and the UI means of finding the recipe you need at the time do not go well together.

The ability to "forget" recipes would be the absolute minimal move to improve it - but still very welcome.

3. oplek

oplek Avatar

Also: Redo the recipe book UI.

4. nimueCW

nimueCW Bug Hunter

This would be ideal. Or at the very least, add a search feature to the recipe book like we have at the actual tables.

FrostII likes this.
  5. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

Yes, it does need a search feature too! But other than that, and the recipes that shouldn't be there, what are the problems with the recipe book UI?

I mean, I've heard several people mention that in different places, but I haven't had any other problems with it myself. Not saying they don't exist, just don't understand what people are referring to.

6. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

If we could organize our recipes, so that the ones we don't care about show up much later than usual, and separate from the main crafts, that would be ideal. Think of a recipe box, and we are placing the prefered recipes at the front of the box, rather than it being alphabetical? Make it like a real-life recipe box.

Bedawyn likes this.
  7. Mugly Wumple

Mugly Wumple Avatar

For Recipe Book redesign I'd leverage the Crown Store interface; categories on the left, pictures in the middle, individual recipes on the right with a 3D popup.

8. nimueCW

nimueCW Bug Hunter

One of the biggest issues is that there seems to be no organization for it at all. If you are looking for a recipe but don't remember what category it is, there is no way to find it except go page by page. The recipes also don't seem to be in any meaningful order (alphabetical/skill to craft/etc) so even if you go to a category you have to look through each page.
    Most of the time, I just go to a crafting table and search if I need to find out what I need for a certain recipe and bypass the book altogether.

FrostII and Bedawyn like this.
  9. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

They're currently in the order you add them to your book. Which i agree isn't the best way to do it.

Little hint, if you're looking for a new recipe you just added, and you know what category its in, go to the next category and go just go back one page.

Lained and Alley Oop like this.
  10. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

11. nimueCW

nimueCW Bug Hunter

Lol yeah, thats why I said "meaningful". I'm guessing it was just the easiest way to do it and no one thought beyond it. I'm glad I don't make a lot of deco items very often, that stuff is a nightmare.

Adam Crow likes this.
  12. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

I made a request a long time ago to revamp the recipes we can cook so that people would actually want to make 95% of what's in the book instead of only 5%.

13. Gravidy

Gravidy Avatar

It'd be cool if recipe books were *literal*. I.e., they were actually a books in our inventory. We could then move recipes from one book to another book. We could place rarely used recipes into books which could be kept in the bank, so the recipe doesn't show up at the station.

For "unlearning" recipes, we could remove a recipe from a book, and it simply becomes a piece of paper in our inventory.

For "non-teachable" recipes, both the recipe and the book would be "no-trade".

14. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

Yes, it is possible to make it more easy ;)

Cordelayne likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.