1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

*Rubs Bottle* Make Potions last while logged out.

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Illbrym Aumar, Jul 31, 2019.

?

Would you like see this in game?

1. yes

9 vote(s)
    69.2%
  2. no

4 vote(s)
    30.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Illbrym Aumar

Illbrym Aumar Avatar

Can you perhaps make potions last while logged out. I mean if you log out with say 5 days left on an obsidian potion timer when you logged in say two days later you still have 5 days left on your potion timer. I m not sure how they would work this out economy wise but i think it would be neat to add this. I hope you understand what i mean. thanks.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2019
    Astirian likes this.
  2. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

This has probably been talked about before. And I certainly am all for it. But I was thinking last night about the cost of potions (regular and obsidian), foods and devotionals (free but with a countdown). If they stopped counting down when we logged out a) the markets would suffer; and b) prices for these things would have to go up. I'm getting a few obsidian potions as subscriber rewards; and they are, what, 300-500 on the cash shop. Regular potions and food are fairly easy to craft. This just wouldn't work well in this game. Just my thoughts.

Astirian likes this.
  3. Illbrym Aumar

Illbrym Aumar Avatar

Could they not make 1 day potions? Or 12 hours even? I think something needs to be done here to appeal to casual players. I dislike how when i use my potions i have to use them within 7 days. I understand about how this might mess things up.

Jaesun, Vaiden Luro and Dhanas like this.
  4. CatweazleX

CatweazleX Avatar

I voted yes when the duration for potions/buffs that last longer then 24 hours are shortened by a good amount _and_ the preservation only take effect when the player logged out while sleeping in a bed or bedroll.
    The first thing is to compensate for the preservation of the buffs, so that a long duration buff does not last forever and the second is for immersion and that people take care on their own that duration timer goes on hold before they logout.
    If you consider that someone plays 6 hours a day and the obsidian potion lasts 7 days that sums up to 42 hours in total. So the duration for obsidian potion should might be shorten from 168 hours to 42. Same with the 3 days buff, from 72 hours to 18 hours.
    Shorten food buffs (max 8 hours) or the devotionals (9 hours) doesn't make sense. May may buffs that lasts less then 24 hours, wear off when logged out more then 24 hours, regardless of the avatar has gone to bed or not.

Astirian likes this.
  5. Lars vonDrachental

Lars vonDrachental Avatar

If they would count just the played time for the buff I do not think they would last that long…I would guess 10 to 14 hours is the average utilization time of the current potions and this would be most likely the buff time if the timer would just decrease while you are online.
    The casuals would see no difference even it might create some unspecific pressure like “OMG this expensive buff just lasts 12 hours? No time for talking I have to kill some stuff!”. ;)
    And of course this might also create complains from the more active avatars who would need 5+ potions for the same time period.

Purely financially a shorter buff timer might be most fruitful as the more active avatars would probably buy some more potions but this might create a lot of facepalm comments.
    And keeping the time frame of 5 days would also create problems as the sales and resales of potions would drop noticeable. A casual who plays 2h a day might use the buff for 2 months while also the active avatars get maybe 1/4 more time out of the potions as they do not lose buff time while they sleep/eat.

That way I think the current mechanic is already a good compromise even if I personally would tend to the shorter buffs that just decrease while online.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.