1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Just make everything roll so you don't have to keep dealing with if things are valued right

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Vladamir Begemot, Aug 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

(when Roll is set)

The 50 value obviously doesn't work in a lot of cases.

2. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Been saying this for a while now.

3. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

It helps to keep harping on it. I swear it does.

Actually @Chris did a poll that showed pretty much most of us want roll as the default state, he should do a poll for this.

FrostII, Mac2 and Synergy Blaize like this.
  4. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Hmm maybe we just need 15 pages. Ill start the opposition. I dont want roll for loot for everything, if you cant loot as fast as me, you dont deserve it :) .

5. Cypher Black

Cypher Black Avatar

This is changing in the next release. All roll for items can be set to a minimum of '1' instead of '50'.

6. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

REALLY? OH man you just made my day.

7. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Chris did a poll ???
    Where did this "poll" take place ?
    (Certainly not here or in-game at login, where a Port poll should be.)

Last edited: Aug 4, 2019
    Lily Byrd likes this.
  8. Cypher Black

Cypher Black Avatar

This poll took place during Chris's Livestream. I did not get the exact number, but I recall he announced it at one point and it was everyone for, no-one against and by a large margin. Later I heard it was 50ish to 3. You can always replay the stream to get the exact announced number. Not that it matters because, at the end of the day, no poll is required for the dev's to make a change. This isn't a democracy. In the case of this change, all that has happened is that the threshold value has been lowered from 50 to 1. Any party leader can still set it at 50. Chris has made the change it is slated to go live for the next release.

Cypher Black

9. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

That would be nice, if they had an in game polling system.

Jaesun and FrostII like this.
  10. Cypher Black

Cypher Black Avatar

Polls are dumb (or if you would prefer, inherently unfair. How was the poll worded? how many options were there? who voted? how many fake accounts voted? who even reads the boards to know there was a poll? How long did the poll run? And these are just off the top of my head).

At the end of the day, I would just rather that they do things that are in the best interest of the game.

I will also add that the only people that this change negatively impacts are the ones that run around and loot all the monsters while their party members are still fighting. Thus ending up with loot that should never have been valued at less than 50 in the first place. ((Yes, (elf, lich, troll, kobold, etc) essence, I'm talking about you.))

Cypher Black

Synergy Blaize likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.