Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Unable to Summon Tamed Pets

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by Mrxford, Aug 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mrxford

Mrxford Avatar

08/04/2019 15:17
    Title: Cannot summon tamed creature in South Drachvald Spur
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker?
    Details:Whenever I enter this area I cannot summon a tamed creature. If I go into the zone with my pet out already it disappears. Only started occurring after build 1026.
    Steps to Reproduce:Tried logging out and back in, switching pets, nothing could be summoned.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz (12) System RAM: 32728
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8079
    SotA.Win.64.1026.Date.08.03.19
    Area: Novia_R5_Hills01_Road
    Area Display Name: South Drachvald Spur
    Loc: (69.1, 73.3, 448.8)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjVfSGlsbHMwMV9Sb2FkfHwoNjkuMTEyLCA3My4zMjYsIDQ0OC43NzcpfCgwLCAwLjkzLCAwLCAtMC4zNjgpfDI1Mi40Njc0fDEzLjc1NzczfDE2LjUwNzUz

2. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

I arrived and my pet ted accompanied me. What pet do you have, if you open /debug are there any errors?

[​IMG]

3. Mrxford

Mrxford Avatar

I noticed you were at the default entrance, So I zoned in there instead of the north entrance which I had been doing earlier and it worked perfectly fine. Zoned out again and tried the north entrance and pet was gone again. However, I also tried moving away from the entrance gate a little ways (which i hadn't tried before) and I could summon it as well. Seems to be a certain range away from that gate that pets can't be summoned or go.
    The Picture below is me standing at the North entrance the bear will not come any closer, so I'm assuming that's the range needed to leave to be able to summon the pet.
    [​IMG]

4. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

I had no issue at the default gate no matter how close I was. I’m not sure I have the north gate but I can go try later.

5. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

I went to north gate, and as you said if you arrive there no pet, if you go further in, the pet stops if you try to get to the gate here

Loc: (66.5, 71.4, 426.1)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjVfSGlsbHMwMV9Sb2FkfHwoNjYuNTA1LCA3MS40MTQsIDQyNi4wOTEpfCgwLCAtMC41MjksIDAsIC0wLjg0OSl8MzgyLjQ3MDl8MTUuMjMzNjl8Mi44NjUzMTY=

6. Girlsname

Girlsname Avatar

Me & my tamer friends figured out that if you zone into the north side, the pet becomes bugged; but if you just keep running he’ll appear, but you need to run AWAY from the north enterance.

7. Godra

Godra Avatar

Well, I have been playing Offline and I have lost 3 pets so far. One was in Artifice. I had a Darkstarr Corpion that must have somehow taken some lava and died right at the entrance when the forges are and that entrance leads to the Library room. I had young dragon in one of the Shardfall areas, can't remember which one, that died before the Lich spawned. It vanished from my party. I went to raise him, but he was nowhere to be found. This also happened again someplace else with another young dragon and it to vanished. In all three cases, I still had the whistle equipped and still had the description of the creature or pet name (in one case) and I could not recall the pet. The whistle then had all red lettering for the description I could not move the whistle out of my Character Sheet either. The only way I could unequip it was to equip another taming whistle. Once I logged out, that taming whistle either vanished from my inventory or became an untamed taming whistle. I could never really tell because I have a few untamed whistles in my inventory and really never counted them.

I don't bother reporting bugs for Offline Mode anymore, because I feel it falls on deaf ears. I don't think Port really cares about Offline Mode and has washed their hands of it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.