Offline question

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Aldornia, Aug 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aldornia

Aldornia Avatar

I have been playing offline and I have a question about rent. Today I put $8,000 and added about 20 days to the 13 days I had. This evening, thinking I have 33 day, it is at 15 days. The rent that I pay doesn't seem to be registering. Am I doing something wrong? I do save before I log off. Help. TIA

2. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

Don't bother paying rent (taxes) at all offline. The dialogs claim that you have to pay it and they will take your money if you try to give it, but there won't be any consequences if you don't -- no worries about eviction. You can live happily rent-free!

As for the money you've already paid... I'm guessing that you probably used Add Credit instead of actually paying the taxes. Two separate commands, not very intuitive. Easy enough to fix if you were online (you'd just use the credit to pay the actual taxes), but alas, I don't think there's any way to get a refund offline. But hopefully the news that you won't have to pay in future will make up for the lost money!

Jaesun likes this.
  3. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Well if you really WANT to pay rent.. you do find an awful lot of COTOs offline. More than enough to cover rent if you play regularly.

4. Aldornia

Aldornia Avatar

Thanks so much for help. I spend all my "real life" money on my online account and didn't want to spend money offline.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.