1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Player owned town - Vendors

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Xee, Aug 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

I would be nice to have the ability as town owners to have the ability to place a few vendors on town land.

Just a thought as we get closer to NPC's for players I would love to have number of npc's slowly increased so eventually we could make our towns look alive with animations and movement of npc's to bring things closer to that of the ingame npc towns :)

Thanks,

Gov. Xee

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  2. Lace

Lace Avatar

I would also like to be able to buy gender specific npc's for pot. While we got a one each kinda thing, some are more needed in various locations than others, and you have to use the genders you got when you would like a choice.

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  3. Lars vonDrachental

Lars vonDrachental Avatar

One of the biggest problems might be the structure of privileges in PoTs that is different from lots and that way it might need quite some rework to make it similar usable. Another point is that PoT NPCs are more or less individuals with a free will while lot vendors are like serfs just following your orders. This is of course no explicit exclusion criterion but I guess it would be best to handle PoT NPCs always the same and this way the auctioneer of NPC towns would be a more fitting solution...no direct influence by the PoT owner on the product offering or who can or cannot trade.
    The easiest solution is still to use lots for that purpose just like most PoTs are doing it. ;)

This second part is I think since a long time on the to-do lists but as even the already announced NPC dialogs are delayed I guess the option of “schedule plans” for NPC that work at least like the those in NPC towns is still a long way away.

Well I guess a workaround would be a “NPC gender change”-item that can be used like a pattern but as the final solution...I do not know what the current plan is but as far as I remember there was some years ago dev talking about the possibility to let us adjust the NPC more or less in a similar way as our avatars on creation. Basically defining gender, height, hairstyle and similar stuff for each NPC in some kind of interface.

4. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings all, several releases back it was discussed about adding more NPC to POT or individual lots. The one thing I remember is that this can not happen until the NPC and Pets are separated. Currently Vendors ion private lots and NPVs and vendors in POTs are considered pets and have to have their own AI for schedules, leashing, and path Matrix. Once they are split up there can be more work done on their AI.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.