SotA Combat Achievement Videos (+how-to)

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Lazlo, Oct 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

Damage spells in the death tree don't work against undead, but death shield works against any physical damage.

Immolation is still good to have available since it's the only shielding spell that gives you more damage aside from attunement. Crystal and Ice can be good against casters sometimes also.

2. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

Decided to try out a full death build for a change of pace. The gear I slapped together is pretty ghetto, but at least I look cool. My play looks almost exactly the same as my normal melee spam stuff, just with my arms moving much faster...

I really like this video btw. I've always thought this was one of the coolest looking things in the game.

Spinok and Vero like this.
  3. King Robert

King Robert Avatar

well done and informative!

Lazlo likes this.
  4. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

Had a death match with an ancient yellow dragon today. The whole family managed to get a cameo in. It's a long fight, but it's a pretty good one and has good music.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2019
  5. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

Gave air magic a try last night. Seems pretty fun.

Vero likes this.
  6. King Robert

King Robert Avatar

Wow nice job in the Rise and against the dragons!!!

Lazlo likes this.
  7. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

I did something a little different this morning. I made a gauntlet video where I traveled around Novia taking on a bunch of different dragons in one session. I didn't do every dragon in the world because I didn't want the video to be super long, but in 19 minutes (real time) you get black, orange, white, and clockwork dragon battles, some acrobatics in The Rise and The Fall, a tour of K'rul, and even a little bit of Graff Gem Mines, because it didn't occur to me until after I started recording that I haven't been to The Fall since zone scrolls were introduced.

Jaesun likes this.
  8. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

Made a full Compendium run video today for funzies. Didn't stop for loot or anything else, so it's pretty much non-stop fighting and a relatively quick tour. Ran it in 20 minutes, which I think is pretty decent for melee (bludgeon with death minor). Might be of interest to aspiring bludgeoners and/or spamlords.

Has some decent background trance music and I put the times of the different sections in the description for anyone that might not want to watch me kill wolves and bears. I think it's fairly entertaining, even with all the fodder stuff.

Violette Dyonisys likes this.
  9. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

Fun fight vs. 6 Torcs at once. Would have been more fun without 360 degree non-physical fallen troll damage.

Vero and Montaigne like this.
  10. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

First time fighting demon bros in a while. Was trying out earth spec with big hp/regen/heal vs. stuff that does a lot of magic damage. Still like death spec with bludgeon a little more than earth or tactics, but earth seems like a nice balance of extra damage and survivability.

Jaesun likes this.
  11. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

Solo fight vs. Aether Nayer. They should bump up the trash mobs, but still a pretty fun fight.

12. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

I barely played this release, but when it first came out I made this really stupid mage build that's literally just sun magic with air shield and a bunch of focus stuff. Since solar flare is getting upgraded tomorrow, I wanted to do a before and after and compare. I chose clockwork dragon as my target, which was painfully slow, but I got him eventually. Not going to bother putting music on this or making it public, but I'll put it here and see what I can do after tomorrow's release.

Jaesun likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.