Helboer (RP) has row lots and guest rooms available for new residents

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by Helvig Ingvildsdottir, Jul 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Helvig Ingvildsdottir

Helvig Ingvildsdottir Avatar

Helboer, which is a walled district of the RPvP POT Kahli in the Hidden Vale now has row homes available for new residents.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Who are we looking for?

We're looking for anyone that is interested in immersive RP (everyday life RP as well as high-drama RP) and NOT interested in OOC drama.

What are the requirements?

Residents must be interested to RP 100% while in Helboer. Your proficiency level or exact style of RP is of little importance, as long as there is a common ground with the existing residents. Currently there are 9 active individuals living in Helboer, and three for whom we are keeping the lights on hoping for their swift return.

You must have your own row lot deed and your own Viking row house. We have a few spare ones available which could be purchased at a fair price, swapped for a different house deed of equal value or borrowed for an equal deposit.

There is a limited availability of free accomodation in our very spacious guest rooms for those that either are not prepared to build their own home yet or have property obligations elsewhere but want a weekend room in Helboer.

You must make an effort to spend a few hours each week with the Helboer community. Real life comes first, of course, and we won't pressure anyone that currently has little time, but we don't want people that pop down a row lot and then are never to be seen again.

Why Kahli? Why open PvP?

Kahli is owned by a player that is very dedicated to RP and that created a unique structure in his POT that allows many different groups or factions to share and interact in the place. Read more about Kahli here.

Open PvP makes for more realistic RP situations because conflict is not just verbal or emoted but can lead to actual combat. Kahli has the Price of the Oracle disabled. There is no ransom in Kahli, so PvP is for fun only, not for gains.

What makes Helboer special?

1. Helboer is a roleplay community. Which means that, should other residents be in Helboer while you are there, you can expect casual every-day-life RP.
    2. Deep and dramatic plots going on all the time which influence our daily lives but most of all are played out on the weekends when there are several of us around.
    3. Community activities on weekends: Saturday afternoons NBT are reserved for events, plot RP, or community hunts. We have people in several time zones, so weekends are the only time when we all can get together. Usually also Friday evenings and Sunday mornings/afternoons are times when things are happening in Helboer.
    4. Tight-knit and helpful community: We stay in contact on our own quite active Discord server when we are not in-game. We help each other to have the best SotA experience possible.
    5. Beautifully decorated place: Helboer is probably one of the most consistantly decorated places in this game, sporting only Viking architecture, a lot of greenery, and functional community spaces. Come check us out.
    6. All game mech convenience factors in easy reach: Helboer has a banker inside its walls. The crafting basement at the heart of our little settlement is non-PvP and has expert crafting stations for all production skills (tailoring, smithing, carpentry, cooking, alchemy) and normal stations for all refinement skills (tanning, textiles, milling, smelting, butchering) as well as remote bank access and a mailbox. Residents can request their own private chest in the crafting basement to store their resources. The crafting merchant is just outside the basement, along with a cooking merchant and a decorations vendor. The magic vendor is right next to the banker, conveniently located in the center of Helboer. The exit to the overworld is just outside our main gate. There is an additional banker and a town crier there as well, plus a fast travel wagon to Braemar. Kahli has many devotionals, but in a RP-like manner they are scattered across the map. The shrines of Love, Truth, Spirituality, Humility and Sacrifice are closest to Helboer, only a very short sprint away.
    7. Many RP convenience factors: We have community facilities that are there to facilitate RP. A bath house with several tubs and a sauna basement open to residents 24/7, a meadhall/tavern with beergarden, a garden/park, a community building with a library, board games, and a feasting area for small parties, an inn basement with cozy rooms for guests that want to stay for the night or a few weeks or even longer, three outhouses, shrines to the Norse deities Tyr, Hel, Skadi, Thor and Ing-Frey, and a community farming space where residents can request a planting bed of their own. A lake for fishing and a nice swim is in the close neighbourhood.

How to get in contact?

Please join us in Helboer's Discord Chat.

If you prefer to do it all purely IC, you can often find people in Helboer. If nobody is there, interact with Asfrid, our meadhall thrall, or with Arnulf, the hawker that is standing outside the meadhall, and ask them about the people that live in Helboer. Then send one of us a letter.

For more pictures of Helboer and of the adventures and events of the people living there, please be so kind to have a look at this photo album.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
  2. Helvig Ingvildsdottir

Here's a few more pictures of Helboer.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Helvig Ingvildsdottir

Living in Helboer, it is no requirement to worship any gods at all. We do not care which philosophy you follow in life, as long as it includes a certain loyalty towards friends. However, a few people in Helboer follow the old Norse gods and have built shrines to them, which may be used in a respectful manner by all residents and guests.

The shrine of Tyr is at Tyr's Hall, a building bigger than the others in Helboer, sporting not only the large altar of Tyr but also a war room, training grounds, a prison, and an infirmary.

[​IMG]

The shrine of Skadi, the northern huntress, is between Ashyeena's house and the garden.

[​IMG]

Inside the Hall of Learning, a small shrine to Hel can be found.

[​IMG]

A shrine to Ing-Frey and Thor has been built at the farmland outside the walls of Helboer. We have always seen good harvests.

[​IMG]

There is also a place for contemplation for those following the Virtues.

[​IMG]

Fei Akhart likes this.
  4. Helvig Ingvildsdottir

A few pictures of the Meadhall, which is probably our most used meeting place, and the basement underneath.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Upstairs there is a bar, where out friendly thrall Asfrid sells food and drink, and seating for private conversations or a game of chess.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And this is the basement:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is the Meadhall's tiny backyard, with seating for six in what we fondly call "Alpenglow Memorial Beergarden" to remember a friend that sadly was forced to leave us. It is in that friend's honor that we are flying the Alpenglow banner in front of the meadhall, too. Alpenglow beer is one of the two brands of beer that we are serving at the meadhall, and we are lucky to have a large stash of it.

[​IMG]

Ataniiq, Fei Akhart and Jaesun like this.
  5. Uhtred Bebbanburg

Uhtred Bebbanburg Avatar

I love the look of this town. At least the pictures that you have posted. Is the guild recruiting as well? I would sort of be new to heavy RPing but I would be willing to give it a try. New player through and through though. lol

6. Helvig Ingvildsdottir

@Simpletree I'd love to show you around in person. Just send me a friend invite (Helvig Ingvildsdottir) and we'll see from there. I enjoy helping new players, so even in the unlikely case that our RP styles simply don't match at all, I might be able to give you a hand with a few things.

We are no guild, actually, but just a few roleplayers (some guilded, some not in guilds) that decided that our center of living in SotA should be a place that looks and feels RP and where it is likely to run into other RPers. I admit we have a guild-like feel, having our own Discord chat (to which you are cordially invited https://discord.gg/WPztYB), community hunts and events on weekends, and a community blazon. But our residents are free to join any guild that works for them, so actually you can benefit from being a member of two communities even.

Fei Akhart likes this.
  7. Uhtred Bebbanburg

Uhtred Bebbanburg Avatar

Awesome! I changed my profile name and picture to more reflect my character in game. I sent you a friend request.

8. Fei Akhart

Fei Akhart Avatar

Hey, Uhtred ... if you want more "Helboer and RPer contacts", you can add me too. And welcome to SotA. ;)

Olthadir likes this.
  9. Helvig Ingvildsdottir

Soon a second row lot will be available due to inactivity of one of our residents.

Also, I posted screenshots of the inn rooms that we have available in this thread: Free rooms for fearless roleplayers. In addition to the furnished rooms, there are four rooms available that come unfurnished.

Olthadir, Jaesun and Fei Akhart like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.