Clear as Mud (at least to me) - upgrading lot deeds

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Raven Swiftbow, Aug 17, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raven Swiftbow

Raven Swiftbow Bug Hunter

Okay. I have successfully upgraded a few lot deeds (a Founder village to a Founder town; a POT village to a Tax-Free POT village; a POT village to a POT water village to a POT tax free village).

There are some things which confuse me, however.

- Is there anyplace that has an actual flow chart of what is and is not able to be upgraded to what?

I ask that one because I am currently trying to upgrade a deed (any deed) to a Tax-Free City Water Lot Deed. I upgraded a:
    - POT taxable row deed to a POT taxable village deed
    - to a POT taxable water village deed
    - to a POT tax-free village deed
    - but going forward it does not appear that water deed is any type of option. Now, I did see some type of warning about water deeds when I did the last upgrade - but when I saw that, I thought that somewhere further along the upgrade chain that option should become available again (i.e. I just thought that was for the next 'step.')

But I then looked at a POT tax free town deed that I already have placed and there was no water deed option.

So then I looked at a Founder Tax Free Town lot deed (which has never been upgraded) and, again, there is no water deed option.

- Additionally, the prices listed in Starr's February Announcement do not match what the true costs are.

And yes, I know about the crown conversion and how that affects it. (I only bolded that because invariably someone comes back and says 'but they changed the value of Cotos.....') If you take the numbers listed in that post and multiply them by 100 they do not match what the current costs are.

I would like to find someplace that lists out the costs and upgrade options that are available for whatever type of deed someone has. They only give you a few options at each step, and there's no way to figure out the full path if someone wants to do a step by step upgrade like what I am trying to do. (Sorry, I'm just 'po' [i.e. poor] these days, so I need to do this incrementally.)

Surely, this is already out there somewhere? If not, could I request it? Along with a chart of what is/is not possible with each type of deed? (@DarkStarr @Chris )

Otherwise, I apologize to all for being very absent from the forums these days. I now work at a job that has very tight internet security (and for good reason) - but as a result I cannot access any type of social media platform at work, including our SotA forums or Discord (or Twitch!!). I can see these things on my phone, but it's a real pain to view stuff there. That being said, I will look for responses to this thread and will reply in the evening/weekend when I'm home.

Thanks all!!

2. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

No personal experience, so I may be completely light-years off here, but I thought I'd heard somewhere that Founder deeds didn't need to be upgraded to water because they could already be used on land OR water?

That said, you're not the only person who'd like that flowchart.

3. Raven Swiftbow

DOH! You are correct! It's been so long since I placed my founder deeds, I hadn't thought of that. *pounds head against desk*

But yes, for the rest of it, it would still be nice to have some type of comprehensive chart or something.

4. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

5. Raven Swiftbow

Mishikal likes this.
  6. Kaizen Strava

Kaizen Strava Avatar

The other piece of your trouble is that the only tax-free water capable lot is the Founder. All other water lots must be taxed by design. So if you were to convert your tax-free to anything taxed, you would then see water conversion options again on it.

Jaesun and Bedawyn like this.
  7. Raven Swiftbow

Aye, you are correct, @Kaizen Strava

But I've figured out how I can do it! I can take the lot deed I currently have (tax-free POT village) and upgrade it to tax-free POT Town (30,000 Cotos - will take me a while to accumulate those).
    Then I will swap that deed out with the Founder Town deed that I also currently have - which is currently placed on land. (It helps that I have 4 accounts, 2 of which are Founder - Lord Marshal and Knight Marshal.)

Finally, I will be able to eventually upgrade that Founder Town deed to a City Water deed (50,000 Cotos). And I'll use it on the water until I can afford to upgrade it to City Water as I've got the Town Houseboat I can place on it.

So now I know the path that I'll be following. Yeah, I'm stubborn about these things and I'm big into deco and "themed" houses. But, as they say, everybody needs a hobby and my big one is SotA, lol!

Bedawyn likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.