Player-created books?

Discussion in 'Player Created Resources' started by Bedawyn, Aug 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

Where's the best place to find a range of player-created books? I keep seeing reference to Vyrin & Womby's bookstore, but it never exists in the locations I see it referred to.

Thanks!

Fei Akhart and Aeryk like this.
  2. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

I know that Elgarion must have done a few, and he has a WIP library too, but you would need to talk to him, I think it is in one of his basements in Kahli

3. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

@Vyrin @Womby Are there any semi-active locations left these days?

Aeryk likes this.
  4. Lily Byrd

Lily Byrd Avatar

There are some player created books for sale at bookstore near the dock in Ordanis Mortis.

And if you want the ones i make you need to do the quests I've made as they are the prize for completing the quests

Fei Akhart, Aeryk and Bedawyn like this.
  5. Olthadir

Olthadir Avatar

I haven't seen any of the bookstores, nor have I heard rom Vyrin nor Womby in quite some time. I used to have my books sold there.

I have a selection of books for sale in Britt Mart. Just turn right at the bridge. They are for sale on one of the water lots there. The vendor is: Solvig's Books, Music and Food. There is also a book on the table there that lists all the books I have published. If you want any of them, let me know IG and I'll send whatever you want, if there is anything missing from the vendor.

Fei Akhart, Aeryk, Jaesun and 2 others like this.
  6. Vyrin

Vyrin Avatar

Hello folks! Thanks for summoning me back. I haven't had the chance to play much this year. Life is busy with school, two jobs, and life besides. Long story short, I relinquished most of my bookstores and only have a run-down spot in New Brittanian Market, which maybe one day will be revived again.

One of the reasons I started our little book trade with Womby was to showcase the creativity of the people who play this game. Some super awesome stories and information were committed to virtual books, but there never seemed to be a great deal of interest except from a core of really awesome people like @Olthadir. Glad to see there is some interest still @Bedawyn. Sorry you keep running into ads, but maybe at least it adds a hint of history and mystery to the game.

Keep up the awesome creativity folks! Who knows what next year may bring when things settle down for me and if the game is still going?

Olthadir, Bow Vale, Bedawyn and 4 others like this.
  7. Sarek

Sarek Avatar

I would be willing to throw up a vendor in Beran's Reach as a central spot for people to sell their books, if you have content you would like to sell please message me in game "Therdan Redwauld" and I will set it up. I was a huge collector of books and music, have just under 400 player crafted books alone which I hunted down and bought so I may be tempted to reassemble my public library again if there is interest.

* Vendor setup on my lot in Beran's Reach, happy to sell on anyone else's player crafted works at no charge.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
  8. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

Thanks for all the replies! I was asking because I was thinking of setting up my own local bookstore and/or doing some books of my own, and wanted to see what other people were doing so I wouldn't repeat it.

And @Vyrin, no, I definitely didn't mind seeing the ads -- they were one of the things that convinced me this was a gamespace I wanted to explore! It was a disappointment to not find the actual stores, is all.

Olthadir likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.