Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

No Oracle rewards with summoned pet inside building

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by gtesser, Aug 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gtesser

gtesser Avatar

1. Title: No Oracle rewards with summoned pet inside building
    2. Reproduction Rate: 100%
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details: If you go inside to talk to the Oracle with a summoned pet (I have whyte wyrm), you cannot complete the dialogue after selecting the Test option. If the pet enters after Oracle asks "answer yes or no", I cannot complete the request and I lose the 500gp and xp for the day. Talking to the Oracle again and selecting Test tells me it is too soon to complete it again, even though no rewards were rewarded.
    5. Steps to Reproduce: Have a summoned pet. Enter Oracle building. Speak with Oracle. Click Test. Observe that dialogue stops there.
    6. User Specs:

2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Is the window closing? What can’t you do to answer the test question?

3. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Thanks for the report! Issue #65511

gtesser likes this.
  4. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Are you sure its not just the lag? even without a pet, I have to wait like 5 seconds on clicking the answer. If I click to early nothing happens. What I can do is test this with an alt so you dont have to ruin your rewards for testing.

5. Sannio

I should have brought this up before: Is this the very first thing you do when you start your gaming session? If so, please try looting a kill first. Go find a squirrel or something, kill it, and loot it. This is because the very first time you loot something in a game session, there's a long delay that seems broken for many players. If you loot something before checking in with the Oracle, that can help your conversation with her go extremely smoothly.

6. gtesser

gtesser Avatar

It is usually the first thing I do when logging in. A temporary solution has been to use the "stay" command and entering the building by myself to speak with the Oracle and get my reward. To answer jaesun's question, the window does not close, it simply stops displaying text and anything I click or type in has no response, so I either walk away or close the chat window to exit.

Jaesun likes this.
  7. Sannio

I'm wondering... you need sufficient line-of-sight to have a conversation with an NPC. Perhaps the problem is as simple as your big pet's collision starts blocking you and denying the conversation because line-of-sight becomes insufficient? I bet that's it.

gtesser and Jaesun like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.