1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Show Snow when in Winter Months when precipitation is present

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Anpu, Aug 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I don't know the exact particulars of how this works from the Development side, but I would LOVE to see an option (that is OFF by default), but would allow you to have any precipitation during in game winter months, show as snow.

I'm just so tired of the rain 24/7..... :(

Thank you!

Astirian, Hazard, Bedawyn and 3 others like this.
  2. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Not long ago it snowed in game for a bit.

I wonder if that is a portent.

3. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I can only hope so. As someone who lives in Seattle, with all the constant rain 24/7, having to see that also everyday in game is just depressing...... :/

Maya SaintClaire and FrostII like this.
  4. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I thought that was a glitch. A side effect from changing some other setting. I vaguely remember Chris saying something like that in a stream. I might be wrong.

Maya SaintClaire likes this.
  5. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

It ain't all that bad in the Pac NW - as yet, but Sept will soon be upon us. :eek:
    But yea, it'd be nice to be able to turn off the rain on occasion, for sure.... ;)

Jaesun and Maya SaintClaire like this.
  6. Maya SaintClaire

Maya SaintClaire Avatar

I do love the storms and the great weather system here in the game, but have to agree with the rest of you.... having a little player, or even Governor, control over it would sure be nice. Other virtual worlds do offer both player "opt-out" features for weather and day cycles as well as region manager (POT Governor) options. Not sure where they intend to land as far as weather goes but I'd like to add my vote for more player and POT control of it.

I live in Las Vegas and when it's 113 degrees in the shade, a random thunderstorm is about as good as life can get! :)

7. Lars vonDrachental

Lars vonDrachental Avatar

I think too that Chris mentioned that the general snow effect was a bug.

A while ago..I think during a PvP event stream Christ experimented with some scene fogs after a request and mentioned that he might add a PoT decoration that is adjusting weather effects...maybe someone should remind him on his next stream. ;)

Jaesun and Maya SaintClaire like this.
  8. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

If you can find one, the Clockwork Umbrella might an option for you!

Hint, @Chris, this might be a good effect for an artifact here!

Jaesun likes this.
  9. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Well as manager and steward of the snowy Biome in Wizards Rest along with governor Baldrith I say Let it snow, let it snow. It is one of the reasons this Biome was chosen. I don't want to control the weather or choose it except to say I want it to be snowy all year long. For me this game is a fantasy world not a real world and this Biome is part of all of that. If controlling weather is important to some though I am not against it if it is possible.

I would of course still rather see us get things still missing like a raid system and cooking masterworking and food enhancing with more alcohol usage in recipes to increase reason to brew alcohols. Also new scenes are fine but please devs make all scenes we already have improved with lore, daily quests. It's ridiculous imo to add more scenes instead of touching those unused scenes so each is a reacurring adventure. Give them surprise spawns, surprise invasions, surprise quests. Let us see occasional life over head such as a dragon over-head. @DarkStarr

10. Curt

Curt Avatar

I would like to see seasons in scene.

11. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

I don't like the idea of direct player control over the weather, but definitely POT governors should be able to select a general climate that goes along with their biome. And throughout the game -- yes, the rain and storms are lovely, but please, NOT every single day. They're great as a change of pace, but just frustrating when it happens all the time and you can barely see where you're adventuring because of the cloud cover.

Also, rain is a potential performance issue for lower-end computers. We don't need to be able to control the weather overall, but we do need to be able to turn off rendering the rain for ourselves. (Fortunately, it hasn't been a problem for me lately, but when I was running on Linux the rain was a huge issue.)

12. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I wouldn’t want this to effect the snow biomes @majoria70 just the other basic areas that aren’t specific weather.

13. Brent S

Brent S Avatar

I'd be happy if they just added another deco item to the crown store that functioned like the fog we can buy but instead of fog, it added a patch of snow to the ground.
    Add a bunch of them to your lot and boom! Snow scene!

Jaesun and Browncoat Jayson like this.
  14. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

I have an entire POT of snow. I would just like to have snow versions of the trees, please.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.