Anyone else addicted to game and spending alot of $$$$$$$

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Harry Online, Aug 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Hi sorry for your struggles. Maybe someone can help you to know what to do to make your character more survivable. Are you eating 2 top tier foods and getting devotional blessings?

Also keeping defensive buffs up helps. I have glancing blow locked on my bar along with another tactical buff that helps me take less dmg. I just keep casting those.

I also will cast my water elemental who does help a bit by healing me if I need and I'm a two handed bludgeons player who wears chain. Having fire-proof innate and shield of crystal are other things that can help.

Also banish undead is invaluable against undead. You may know all of that already and want to solo play but when I get home from my trip I'm happy to go on a hunting trip together sometime. I'm Majoria in game.

Also spending money on the game is a personal choice. It is one of my entertainment spending choices like how much does anyone spend on going out to dinner or a movie type of spending? Plus this keeps a crowd funded game going. I'm not ready to see that end. But for those who can't or don't want to spend just don't. No reason to trash a game for others having fun. *cheers*

Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
  2. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

Hello @Maya SaintClaire and @sarbonn

If you would like some in-game training/tutoring, myself or some other players might be able to see your play style and give you some tips to get you over the hump. :)

You can tag me in game any time: Jason Moryn

3. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

@Harry Online welcome , enjoy it,
    I lately only get in to revamp my buying vendors to the day I will be able to craft my own armor of BONES
    sadly RL is eating alot of my time

4. Cassandra Corax

Cassandra Corax Avatar

Rhondda Cynon Taff South Wales United Kingdom
    Yes Me too, have been spending a little money here and there

Maya SaintClaire likes this.
  5. CarlNZ

CarlNZ Avatar

Well, well. Look who is back.

Paladin Michael likes this.
  6. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

You play Rocket League too? RL for the win!

Rentier and Maya SaintClaire like this.
  7. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Ohh wait, Real Life... nahh that sucks!

8. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

9. Snowdog

Snowdog Avatar

Find a group and join the Upper Tiers , lvl fast

Maya SaintClaire likes this.
  10. dayero

dayero Avatar

No, I am sure he meant rocket league. Why would anyone spent time is in this "life" thing if you can spent all day trying to juggle a ball on your head??
    Also, I heard you can't even half-flip in real life. Seriously what the ****? How are you even supposed to get anywhere? Walk backwards?!

Violette Dyonisys likes this.
  11. eli

eli Avatar

Yea you're not wrong. Addiction is in the game's DNA, and I think is portalarium's specialty if you look at their previous title.

Harry Online likes this.
  12. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

Welcome Back,

It can for sure be addicting so some including myself. I love alot of the store deco which is my way to support the game and help its continued development. That said I try not to spend too much too often but there are some months where they release an item like the fog etc that eats my wallet. I love to design Silverdale market and change it up here and there when I find things that reflect what my long term ideas are.

As to buying everything else it will help with nice gear but wont make you a god. Only time and learning of skills will help with making your character more powerful. The gear bonus at lower level is nice but it levels up pretty fast and Skills become the important part. If you ever want help or knowledge on builds drop into Silverdale Market some time for a chat with Me Gov. Xee.

Cheers

13. Blackghost

Blackghost Avatar

Exactly...

Boris Mondragon and Cordelayne like this.
  14. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

I used to be addicted to SotA and spent much too much time and money on it. My son promised he would play with me so I even have two property-owning backer accounts (Edelmann and Citizen). It turned out that work doesn't leave time for him to play games, so that didn't happen.

Alas, I lost my motivation to play because all my old haunts were either nerfed (remember when you could earn a lot of gold by looting halberds in Serpents Spine Foothills?) or made so difficult that I can no longer survive there. Greymark Forest is now the most difficult zone I can handle, though I prefer offline mode because my companions have my back. The most fun I had in SotA was in the pre-release phase when the game was wiped every three months. The Tour Guide quests were so much fun, the difficulty level was realistic for me and there was so much excitement about claiming new property and setting up house in a new location after each wipe. I think that if I was just starting out now and everything was new to me, I might be susceptible to "SotA fever" again. I'm curious as to what Episode 2 will bring.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.