Comprehensive Guide to Player Made Dungeon building

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Kaizen Strava, Dec 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xkhan

Xkhan Avatar

When you look at difficuluty in the levels - is there a way to describe them?

Examples:
    L1 Troll is probably the babies 'troll' in ruined keep?
    L2 would be a named troll?

What Level would be a good sweet spot - that could drop say yellow supply bundle? 5?

2. Kaizen Strava

Kaizen Strava Avatar

@Xkhan
    Good question. Will have to do a lil comparing to answer better, but citing your examples;
    L1 troll has six(?) midget trolls and a "baby" troll
    L2 has more of the same above plus 1 small Torque Dawl the ruined.

I can't speak to bundles as i have never paid attention if i got any or not - but I will keep an eye out..

Xkhan likes this.
  3. Pubrulz

Pubrulz Avatar

Pro tip: Keep all your completed rooms/halls and deco objects in one bag, and store that bag in the foyer for quick access. Won't have to spend so much time on load screens going in and out.

Numa and Belladonna Rose like this.
  4. Kaizen Strava

Kaizen Strava Avatar

Updated
    "Module Sizes/Point Values" & "Current Deco Status List" Spoilersto include
    "Stone Dungeon Room The Rise - Dog Room" & "Stone Dungeon Room The Rise - Library" info
    Updated "Known Blueprint Drop Locations Spoiler to include various new spawning rooms made available.
    Added @Pubrulz Pro-tip to the guide.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
    Jaesun likes this.
  5. Bryce Pallaton

Bryce Pallaton Avatar

I sent @Kaizen Strava a mail about this in-game, but I'm impatient, so I'll ask here.
    Is this still the case? I have tried with several vendor-bought blueprints/recipes, and adding COTOs has not resulted in a craftable recipe for any of them. I have added 1, 2, 3, 10, and 100 COTOs, but never found a working recipe. I have also tried adding COTOs with a created module, similar to converting a room for spawns, with no luck there either.

Perhaps the recipe requires a high smelting? I have 80, so maybe that's it. Or maybe it's no longer discoverable, but can be taught? I had issues with discovering the T junction recipe - I had to go and buy the recipe from a bookseller, even though it's listed as re-teachable.

6. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

You need to create the room first, then use the room (not blueprint) for the conversion room, if it has one.

7. Bryce Pallaton

Bryce Pallaton Avatar

@Jaesun, Thanks. I want to make sure I'm understanding you correctly.

I have made spawning rooms. Those craft with the 500 COTOs and are functioning fine.

I am specifically looking to make multiple copies of the halls and rooms of blueprints that are bought from a vendor. I have attempted to add the module and COTOs at a smelting station, and not seen any recipes for creating extras. I have also attempted to add COTOs to the recipe to create the module from the blueprint.

I have not had success using either method.

Perhaps someone can tell me what I am doing wrong, or specifically what I need to do?

For example, Stone Dungeon Hall (Straight):
    Blueprint + 100 Granite Blocks + 15 Chunk of Coal + Stone Chisel makes 1 room.
    So I expect:
    Blueprint + 100 Granite Blocks + 15 Chunk of Coal + Stone Chisel + 1 COTO makes 2 rooms.
    Or perhaps (because COTOs changed value fairly recently):
    Blueprint + 100 Granite Blocks + 15 Chunk of Coal + Stone Chisel + 100 COTOs makes 2 rooms.

But maybe it's made like spawning rooms, in which case I make the room as above, and then:
    Room + 1 COTO + Stone Chisel makes another room?
    Or perhaps (because COTOs changed value):
    Room + 100 COTO + Stone Chisel makes another room?

I hope that it is now clear why I am confused.

Jaesun likes this.
  8. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Sorry, misunderstood you. For making copies, that I’m not too sure on how to do.

9. Kaizen Strava

Kaizen Strava Avatar

@Bryce Pallaton I see your question. I will get in-game this evening and do a bit of testing but that function may have been wiped away with the Coto conversion that came out. Check back for updated info :)

UPDATE:
    The function, previously available before the COTO split, seems to have been removed. The only option besides spending the granite seems to now be to purchase ready-made rooms in the COTO store.
    For academic purposes, the pic below used to be how it worked and perhaps they will revisit that if we bug it ;)
    [​IMG]
    Updated Question #8 to reflect the change in coding as it pertains to the use of COTOs when building dungeon rooms.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
  10. Bryce Pallaton

Bryce Pallaton Avatar

Thanks for the update! It's not what I wanted, but it is as I suspected.

11. Bryce Pallaton

Bryce Pallaton Avatar

How does the game keep track of your points?

For example, let's say I have 2 properties, each with their own dungeon. Let's say one is a Row Lot (base 50 points) and the other a Village Lot (base 100 points). Then, when I'm in my Row Lot, I buy 10 more points. I would expect the Row Lot to show 60 points total available.

What happens when:
    1) I go to my Village Lot? Does its dungeon now show 110 points total available? If the points are tracked on the character itself, I would expect this to be the case.
    2) I take down the Row Lot's dungeon, and then move it to another lot? Let's say it's moved to a Town Lot (base 150 points). If the points are either tracked on the character or the dungeon entrance, I would expect the Town Lot to then show 160 points total available. If the points are tracked on the Row Lot's deed then I would expect the Town Lot to show 150 points total available.

Ok, these cover the most basic possibilities I can imagine. Other, more complex possibilities exist, but I suspect the developers went with something simple - so it's most likely either "Your character has bought this many additional points, which are available to any and all dungeons you own," or "You bought this many additional points for this dungeon (as defined by its entrance, see the differences in sample dungeons), and wherever you place this dungeon entrance, you have these points available."

Does anyone know? I haven't done any experimenting myself.

12. Kaizen Strava

Kaizen Strava Avatar

That is correct.
    Substitute the word "character" for "account" and you have it, by George.

13. Bryce Pallaton

Bryce Pallaton Avatar

Awesome, thanks!

14. Bryce Pallaton

Bryce Pallaton Avatar

The Dog Room appears to be 5x10, with 2 entrances, for 30 points. It has 2 levels, though is overall 3 or 4 levels tall.
    The first entrance point is on the bottom floor along the short side, the 2nd block from the left.
    The second entrance point is on the top floor along the long side, the 2nd block from the right corner that is opposite to the first entrance. The Pedestal is just beyond the entrance hall on the right.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
  15. Bryce Pallaton

Bryce Pallaton Avatar

The Rise Library appears to be 7x10, with 16 entrances(!), for 30 points. It has 3 levels, and is 4 levels overall.
    The Pedestal is in position 6.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
  16. Kaizen Strava

Kaizen Strava Avatar

anyone still use this ?

17. Wilfred

Wilfred Avatar

This guide is useful. Is the information up to date?

18. Numa

Numa Avatar

I'm thinking of using a dungeon to rebuild the library in the POT I live in. Is there an example somewhere in Novia that I can visit? Preferably a non- lethal one please and definitely NOT the Rise.

19. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

Still trying to find dimensions of the Midras Library if anyone knows

20. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

if the Rise LIbrary is a 7x10 i will assume the Midras is close to that

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.