Nifty things coming in 69!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Astirian, Aug 22, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Astirian

Astirian Avatar

Huzzah dewds and dewdettes!
    • Dungeon Despair! Love that we have Despise and Despair now. Ultima Legacy yay!
    • Added lore to Etceter (fantastic town)
    • Grandmaster Enchantments! The cake isn't a lie!
    • No-Trade Items placeable on Lots is actually kind of nice. Minor thing but nice.
    • I know someone who's gonna be happy with empty row lots. ;)
    • LOCAL MAPS. Yusssssssss! (now we just need other UI elements to remember their co-ords. ;))
    And, y'know, the maps fix is huge.

There are a number of things I've seen fixed over the last year or so that I feel deserve a big round of applause for the devs (this is based on a list I made pre-release I think, and also what do I know heh):
    • Graphics and Performance - Some definite wins here.
    • Finding NPCs - Better with sparklies but I think "Where's" vs. "Where is" is still broken.
    • The Map! Hoo-ah! Local machine map!
    • Crafting Rewards - Well OK maybe still borked but @Chris did mention scaling up NPC buy prices. (I think)
    • Animations/Tab Targeting Etc...
    • The UI - WAY better than it used to be. Dialogue box still a bit contentious + Poltergeist windows.
    • Single-Player Experience - Episode 2 yo. Apart from Quest/Journal rework, equipable companions must be coming (mannequins). No idea about Save/Load states and difficulty curve status.
    • Control Points - Skippable! Thank you!!!
    • Recall Runes/Gates - We got teleport scrolls, that'll do for now. ;)
    • LFG System - They put one in! It'd be nice if you could select dungeons though...
    • The Intro - They removed it! Great call. I think the lore based trailer would be a good replacement...
    The only other things I had on my list were loading times/hitching (better), making gold from selling to NPCs was rough, taming/getting silver seemed tough (I think they've made this better too though) and I spoke about treasure maps to disrupt the routine (Episode 2, woot!)...

So all in all, they're actually achieving a lot despite our um... Passions... ;)

Keep it real Port!

2. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

3. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

The list of improvements since launch is huge. If there were someone who makes great infographics around here.... that would be a candidate for a great work.

I had no idea the maps upgrade was so close, that deserves a partay!

4. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

Wow, it's bad now. I'm really glad I missed out on the older version. Everything else is good!

5. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Be nice if they did this for one ton per release. Doesn't have to be fancy, or even involve quests. Just some dialogue and maybe some books/notes scattered around. I remember when I first started, I had memories of U7, and examined every scrap of paper to see what was on it. Didn't take too many "hastily scribbled/unintelligible notes" to break me of that habit.

6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

This is so subjective.

7. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

One of the best features in R68 is that you can start holding down a hotkey during global cooldown and that skill will start charging as soon as the global cooldown expires. Previously, it would just do nothing.

FrostII, Jaesun, Grimbone and 3 others like this.
  8. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

And that wasnt even listed in the update note ;p there many stuff like this that arent listed sometimes

Jaesun and Barugon like this.
  9. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

Considering this is a major grip with all reviews I think it’s more consensus.

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  10. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

It's going to be great!

But dungeon Despise? Where's that?

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
  11. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Well... Everything beyond science is I guess. But I bet it would be subjectively used as a lot of examples of what not to do in UI Design 101.

Mostly because it is still the prototype UI. it functioned to a degree and that was good enough for Agile!

Sulaene Moon likes this.
  12. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Great lis . The only thing missing from the list is the Welcome Quest is back in r69!

13. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

just add a freaking yellow question mark above their heads... LOL

14. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Hmm; Some steps have been taken to improve QOL issues and that is noteworthy. Apparently the much needed “Endgame” (Raid Parties) is off the radar so send a flare into the “Rise” to wake me up if and when they (@Chris) talk about it again.

R/Boris/El Pirata/Black Sails Forever.

gtesser, majoria70 and Dhanas like this.
  15. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

Are those "raid parties" just larger groups or actual raids where you have to complete an instance with a timer and boss mechanics? It confuses me here when people say raids.
    Thanks

Jaesun likes this.
  16. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Confirmation bias ;-)

17. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

“Raid Groups”, AKA Parties of Parties was a feature to be implemented that would extend the size of a party from a present maximum of 8 players to 24 players.

This request came out of the RP/PvP battles we did (3 in 2019) which had up to 50 players on each side and with present party size limitations caused a lot of
    “friendly fire” which detracted from the otherwise fun experience. I will wager that this feature (if it ever comes out) will bring and keep more new players to the game vice the new fluff being dropped
    each release.

I hope this clarifies it for anyone who thinks SOTA can thrive in the future and needs a big dose of adrenaline. R/Boris/El Pirata/Black Sails Forever

18. Synergy Blaize

Synergy Blaize Avatar

I really have to wonder how Raid parties could actually work in Shroud.
    The LAG would be horrendous enough to crash many players to the desktop.

Chatele, FrostII and Boris Mondragon like this.
  19. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

If port needs help I can sell them a hat with that on it in game. ;)

Boris Mondragon likes this.
  20. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

We did have the dragon invasion with a lot of players. Not having ability to have large groups in raid lessened some of the fun since we couldn't heal or rez our comrades during the invasions and some were not grouped into the small party limit. Testing many players in a scene has improved greatly over time.

When entering an invasion scene we should be able to rez and heal to fight against the enemy in a community effort. Imo it would have been so much more fun for the dragon invasion. I don't believe this should just be for pvp. A scoreboard for players against invaders also as well as pvp scoreboard would be great.

I also want to use a raid system to increase the size I can add to amount of players I can group for syncing songs. Sometimes 8 just isn't enough. Think of a marching band for example ;)

A raid system needs to be implemented. I'm not sure what the hold-up is. I do believe ability to have timed events with score boards should also make their way into the game sooner than later. We are noticeably missing these features.

margaritte and Boris Mondragon like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.