New Player Here

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by avguste, Aug 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. avguste

avguste Avatar

Hey all

New player here. My in game name is Ikki Phoenix and I am happy to be here. Enjoying the game very much

2. Maya SaintClaire

Maya SaintClaire Avatar

Welcome Avguste (Ikki)! Nice to have you with us!

3. avguste

avguste Avatar

Thanks.
    I will take advantage and post a few questions here:

-is one able to purchase POT in game?
    -can a POT be owned by a guild?
    -can an existing POT owner by evicted?

Thanks

Maya SaintClaire likes this.
  4. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Everyone gets a FREE POT Row Lot deed for finishing one Outskirts area, and a FREE POT Village Lot deed for finishing the Virtue and Oracle quest.

I think you are asking about a home and lot, not an entire player owned town?

Lily Byrd and Maya SaintClaire like this.
  5. Maya SaintClaire

Maya SaintClaire Avatar

Hi again @avguste !

Well, I am very new here myself so definitely not an expert by any means but I will be happy to take a stab at your questions...

In the event you are indeed inquiring about a complete town...

I believe it is no longer possible to purchase a "player owned town" for this episode of the game directly from Portalarium, but I am pretty sure I have seen them advertised from players in this forum...
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?forums/house-lot-listings.319/ I think there may be new POT's available in the next Eposode of the game but someone else will have to confirm or deny that.

I believe Player Owned Towns can only be owned by a single account.

I don't think a town owner can be evicted from their own town unless it were for some huge violation of the TOS and only by Portalarium for such violation. I'm not really sure what you meant by this question but I hope that answers it.

If it is a home you seek, then @Jaesun has the info you need above this post.

I am sure other players who actually know will correct anything I may be wrong about. Anyway, you sound ambitious xD I hope you find what you are looking for, and fear not, if its ownership of a town or simply a home you seek, I feel quite certain some player here will accommodate your wish.

Ciao for now, and again.... WELCOME!

Lily Byrd and Jaesun like this.
  6. avguste

avguste Avatar

Thank you for the responses.

I was actually referring to an entire player owned town.

Maya SaintClaire and Jaesun like this.
  7. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

Ambitious! :D

Welcome to New Britannia!

Perhaps you'd like to get started with something a bit more immediately accessible. Many towns have inns that can put you up for your first few weeks or months in the world until you build your own home.

8. avguste

avguste Avatar

Oh absolutely. Not rushing to anything. Just getting the information so that I can potentially present it to my gaming community in order for us to potentially get involved in Shroud

9. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

Importing your own crew would be great :D

Here's a little advice to help you get started. Try your best to rise to the challenge of this game's many idiosyncrasies. When you falter, though, (and you will, everyone does), know where to vent and ask for help. Universal Chat in game is worth the 2 bucks; the official discord is I dispensible and there is a sub-channel called Hospitallers whose sole mission is to help dudes like you get on in the world; and there is the forum, of course.

Additionally, you needn't wait for your hombres and hombrettes to import themselves. In the meantime, join up with some natives to help you through the learning curve and share some good times.

If you see me pop-in, give me a shout for some adventure and/or shenanigans. :D

~ Jason Moryn

Lily Byrd likes this.
  10. avguste

avguste Avatar

I am actually an officer for The Art of Warfare (http://taw.net)
    And thanks for the offer.

But so to come back to the POTs, can those still be bought in game? Can the current owners be player evicted?
    Or are the POTs only bought with real money?

11. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings avguste
    Welcome to New Britanna and Hidden Vale and soon to include new lands. IF any of this is not clear please PM me in forums or in game using the name Warrior B'Patrick.

Currently the only way to buy a Player Owned Town is to buy it from another user. They are frequently on sale in the Forums. Here is a link to the original Page where the POT were sold for reference and they appear to be on sale if you already have one and want to upgrade it to a larger version. https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=41907

Having a POT gives you a large area to layout and decorate as you wish but does not come with any deeds for land or houses. You layout your town by placing lot markers from Row lots to Castle lots and then place Deco. Then other Avatars arrive and claim lots and place their own Deeds. It is a very cool process and takes a lot of time but you end up with a town that looks just like you want it to. You would be advised to travel to many of the Player Owned Towns to see what can be done with the resources at hand.

A Player Owned Town can only be owned by 1 account. It is linked to that account and can be upgraded to a larger one or sold to another player. There are ways to make it a guild town by giving certain Avatars steward privileges. This allows then, depending on level of privilege, to help place lots and deco and manage residents.

The owner of a Player Owned Town can not be evicted but can evict anyone that has claimed a lot in their town. You can also ban certain people from the town so they can not enter.

12. avguste

avguste Avatar

Thanks for the response. Quite interesting system.
    Would be interesting to have a way for guilds to evict owners, but so far looks an interesting system

13. Maya SaintClaire

Maya SaintClaire Avatar

Heya @avguste !

I think a good rule of thumb might be, "If you had to spend real world money on it, nobody can take it away from you." I am pretty sure that applies to just about everything in the game, and would certainly apply to homes, land and Player Owned Towns.

14. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Yes but I think all the spots for episode 2 land areas are already sold out, so you have to buy one from another player.
    A POT has a single owner but you can designate stewards that can decorate and control permissions.
    No. They can only transfer the POT to someone else, which requires Portalarium's assistance.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
    Jaesun likes this.
  15. Curt

Curt Avatar

Some months ago the devs had a in game decoration contest where winner won a small Player Owned Town.
    But such competitions is rare.

16. avguste

avguste Avatar

Is there a way to know the overall population numbers? Looked at SteamCharts, but not sure if that is any accurate. Thanks

17. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Many people use the stand alone installer so those numbers are not too accurate.

18. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

We only got steam 2 years into the project. So many who started before will not be using steam. I don't use steam myself.

If you want to know who's around you can say hello in universe chat if you have the orb or try zone chat which is /z.

Also check the first icon upper right corner of the screen in game and click 'nearby players' to see who's in a scene or around you on the map. That will show you some players.

You receive the orb if you pledged for the game in early years or bought it before it went free to play. The orb keeps spammers at bay.

Check the rewards tab and if you have it drag it to your inventory. You may also purchase from the store.

Also you may know this but for those who don't.

Welcome to the game. I'm out a
    Of town with my mom ATM but I'll be returning Sept 22 ish to the game if I can help anytime. I'm Majoria in the game. Happy journeys to you.

Also looking for group is alt f to create or join a group.

Edit

Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
  19. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Welcome to SOTA!

20. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

The best way to know the population numbers is to make friends. As your friends list grows with people who play within your time zone, you'll have an idea of how many relevant people who are online at any time.

Other people .... at other times... just not relevant... :D

You should add me ~ Jason Moryn :)

Jaesun likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.