Off-Hand Attack, 1 focus?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by The Black Swordsman, Aug 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Radioman USN

Radioman USN Avatar

Why does it take so little focus to utilize your non-dominate hand? When in reality, it would take more focus?

It should cost a significant amount of focus and decrease as your skill level improves.

2. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

An Auto-attack costs 0 focus, so using off-hand costs 1, it is already costing MORE focus to use your non-dominant hand!

Kabalyero Kidd likes this.
  3. Radioman USN

Radioman USN Avatar

...but it cost more focus to use your dominate hand abilities.

4. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

... but the normal / auto attack is also an ability and it cost nothing... you can even charge it and make it more powerful... LOL

Violette Dyonisys and Boscogne like this.
  5. Radioman USN

Radioman USN Avatar

Not everything can have a resource requirement. But lets look at the logic: 1 focus gives you bonus parry, moderate damage output and additional stats. All that for 1 focus.

6. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Additional stats? That is false, as the only thing that increases is the parry modifier, which actually makes sense now that you have two weapons, and that is ONLY if you have the Specialization to buff it.

Previously, off-hand attack would cost 0 focus. Remember, this is not a real ability, this is technically simply to swing your off-hand, so it makes sense that it does not have a huge focus cost related to it, as I can swing my left hand no problem, just less efficiently than my right one.

7. Radioman USN

Radioman USN Avatar

Additional stats come from the stats from the offhand weapon. And it looks like real ability to me. Yup, just pushed the button. Its real.

8. Radioman USN

Radioman USN Avatar

At 60 ish, off hand attack does 25-45 dmg for 1 focus where as spinning attack in polearms at 80 38-63 damage for 39.

Might as well skip any main hand abilities and just do off hand attack.

What should happen is at lower levels the focus cost should be more and the damage crap, but as you level it, focus cost would go down and dmg go up. but the focus cost should not be less than a main hand attack ability.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.