Guild war - It's all fun until you meet the exploiters

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Antrax Artek, Aug 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

@Pawz ; Adding fuel to the fire does not help, referring to the Shadow People of which some are my friends as “fine garlic” is not cool either. I am Cuban born so if you also want to fling mud at my nationality go for it, I have my Teflon suit on and it will slide off. R/Boris

Gia2 and Antrax Artek like this.
  2. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

@margaritte; I appreciate your guild participating and apologize for not remembering it and the swing at you when we had the friendly fire incident. R/Boris

margaritte likes this.
  3. evillego6

evillego6 Avatar

A group of Russian players won the Portalarium PvP event and their team name was Garlic. He was referring to the group of players by the team name they gave themselves, not disparaging them. He confused the named they used in the pvp tournament with the guild name.

StarLord, Sara Dreygon, Pawz and 2 others like this.
  4. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Thank you for the clarification and my apologies to @Pawz as I took the post in an erroneous fashion.

R/Boris

evillego6 likes this.
  5. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

Its funny how alot of people think this is a massive war going on and thats apocalypse on forum. I saw worse, like, ALOT WORSE than this. People are still respectful to each other, i see no homophobe words, no racist words, no one saying to each other that his mom is fat. This is a ~40 year old mature verbal war after some pvp which is totally normal. Remember uo? People used to call you name before rage quitting after you killed them (even the non pvper one!). That was way more brutal than this, and the ship never sinked or broke or whatever. So yeah.

If your not part of this and find this unconstructive/destructor for the game well your just not in the right part of the sandbox that suit you! ;P
    I bet those that did this war and pvp find it very hilarous and to a certain point satisfying to have some action around here. I dont pvp often lately but the game seem alot more alive with this kind of thing happening imo.. So let it be!

6. Pawz

Pawz Avatar

I added a question mark after the name as I'm not sure if that's their guild name, no slinging mud on my part. I don't pvp but I do like to watch the pvp tourneys. I only know their are some Russian players that seem to be very good at pvp, and suggested they may be a fun guild to battle with.

Boris Mondragon likes this.
  7. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

This is what i think too, but seems like this is going a bit over the line, accusing other people to being homophobic is a bit so much, mostly when talking about people joking in a private discord channel dedicated to trashtalk and certainly not taking it serious, at least from our side.

This is what we are doing and we are planning to do, we forfeited this war, cause it wasn't a real war and nothing fun for us and we are moving over to play with real pvpers and not with carebears wannabe pvper.

I agree in what Para said but i want to point out that playing dirty is something allowed in a war, it happens from both sides, what we had in this one wasn't just playing dirty, was mostly using broken game mechanics to avoid to play. We know this game has many bugs and many broken mechanics that are still work in progress to fix, but usualy there are some tacit agreements between players that decide to play together or against, and one of those should be playing.

Antrax Artek likes this.
  8. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

Man you can't remember them cause they're just an half dozen of players (like they said) who separated from Organized Chaos to make a "pvp" guild.
    The fact is there is a big difference between the main guilds you mentioned like Antrax's Army, Shadow People and House of Mangar, we're big guilds that welcome dozens of new and old players every week and that embrace different types of playestyles.
    To be honest i also have a fault in what happened, I really didn't think we were going to challenge a 5-player guild, I had forgotten this separate section of the guild, the intention was to challenge the Organized Chaos (their main guild).
    What is done is done, I have no remorse and more importantly I did what my guild wanted. :)

Boris Mondragon likes this.
  9. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

@Antrax ; I am trying to look at the positives in this thread and here is what I see from an objective perspective:

1) A five man guild fought with fervor against a bigger guild.

2) There is much passion and courage for the PvP aspect of the game and without it the game will eventually die. This is the end game for those that want to participate. This has adrenaline, future alliances, bitter enemies and right now a lot of Chaos.

3) All we need now is for the dust to settle and a simple set of rules for future engagements to be forged. I am glad there are a lot of influential people here on both sides of the battlefield. Press @Chris for the remaining items you all need to make it better . When both your guild and OCX get a guild war invite from “Black Sails” realize it’s a crazed pirate with little PvP experience but a lot of adrenaline.

R/Boris/El Pirata/Black Sails Forever

10. sotasota4

sotasota4 Avatar

Interesting -- having a guild with far fewer members seems to be an insurmountable advantage )) It's the first game where I see this happening

11. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

It an open world battlefield it usually is unless all participants are wholly engaged in the war or the war is in limited confines, ie a battleground, where number usually matter most.

The reasoning is that kills are easier against a larger entity that isn't totally concentrating on the war in hand while a smaller group finds it easier to plan/evade and keep all participants safe. If k/d numbers matter in a war then having larger numbers of semi-participants against a dedicated and communicative enemy means the larger group will lose the vast majority of the time.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
  12. sotasota4

sotasota4 Avatar

but you talking about a full pvp game )

13. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

Why not just exploit right back and consider it even? Just an idea...

14. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Because for people who truly want to pvp, exploiting is no fun, and where is the fun in going in a PvP war and then unflagging? What is the point?

I almost read this as :

Dhanas and sotasota4 like this.
  15. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

That's the name of their pvp team when they participated in the tournement hosted by some devs or something... it wasnt an insult..... dont know where you see that

edit: a tournement where they kicked everyone's arse ;)

16. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

Very simple,.... its war. No rules. Forfeiting is a loss. End of discussion. No bugs here. Just strategic warfare.

to AArmy: QQ PEW PEW. :cool:

17. Sol Stormlin

Sol Stormlin Avatar

I think it's great there are guilds who are trying out the guild wars system. Sorry to see all the grief about it though. Hope you guys can work this out and get back out there!

Spoon likes this.
  18. sotasota4

sotasota4 Avatar

Not very good at English but I realized that one of the two guilds found a way to remove the pvp label during the war (( as there is this bug - would not be the duty of the developers to cancel the WAR or something???

19. Duke Ezekiel Cooper

Duke Ezekiel Cooper Avatar

Saved this pic for future use...
    You don't have to say nothing.

This pic fits in SO many conversations.

Elwyn, Arya Stoneheart and Cordelayne like this.
  20. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.