Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Gem-Socketed Enchantments are Appearing WAY too Rarely

Discussion in 'Release 69 QA Feedback' started by Lao Tzu, Aug 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lao Tzu

Lao Tzu Avatar

As first pointed out by @Elrond, the enchantments associated with gem-socketed equipment are now showing up so rarely that it's barely noticeable. After over 1000 enchantment options on gem-socketed wands/staves, Elrond had only 8 gem-socketed enchantments (including zero attunement bonuses). I had similar results with gem-socket cloth chest armor. This is less than 1% of the total enchantments divided between three potential options.

In my opinion, this is way out of balance with the current enchantment system. I currently have a 1/13 or 1/14 chance of getting any particular gem-socketed enchantment, or 7% to 7.5% chance in the current system compared to roughly 0.3% in the new system.

I understand wanting to make certain major enchantments hard to get. The roughly 2% chance for Major Enchantments seems about right in my opinion. But I believe that this will have severe impacts on the crafting system / economy and severely disadvantage newcomers who cannot get the same level of equipment as those of us who have been here since persistence.

@Bzus, @Vas Corp Por, @Chris, and @DarkStarr, PLEASE take a close look at these numbers before allowing these changes to go live in R69. I know you have a lot of other things going on, but I believe this issue should be a top priority before release. Thank you for your consideration.

- Lao Tzu

2. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Been testing blade masterwork and the only +3 I've gotten as of last night was the +60 durability option. I don't know if this is because the chance to get anything else is extremely low or they just weren't in yet, though...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.