Hidden vale zone difficulty

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zooty, Aug 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

I want to see smarter grind content and I think the Hidden Vale is just the place to try something more than what our game has achieved. I want to see a grind content that starts with weak content and the faster that content is wiped out, the stronger the respawed content would be, with the content left untouched reducing back to it's normal values ready for the next adventurers to enter and grind upon.

In my view, to do anything other than improved content, is just to copy what's already been achieved elsewhere.
    I don't want our game to clone itself everywhere, "I want it to evolve".

That's my 2 cents anyway, because I like to look forward & innovative without becoming stale & stagnate...

~Wanted~
    [​IMG]
    ~Time Lord~

Numa, Dollar Bill and Belladonna Rose like this.
  2. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

The title of this thread is: Hidden Vale

I do agree that there are far too many lvl 3 areas in Novia, but hidden vale is fine the way it sits now... So Devs don't mess with it, you don't need to... So many times I see this community gripe about this and that and the devs respond, but it's NOT for the betterment of this community, it's to silence a few disgruntled players...

So you say... It will be a very long time before I hit lvl 80-90, a very long time because I find the World of Sota changing so fast, that I'm just waiting for them to stop developing the game, I can't keep up, my chr can't keep up, maybe all you folks have endless hours to play, but I don't...

Dude, last time I looked they had just started to develop tier 5+ to 10, making that decision put a lot on their plate, so give this Dev team a break, let them do their job, they will circle back to eliminate or raise up lower tiers scenes...

My 2 cents, don't touch Hidden Vale...it's fine the way it is...

Numa, Bedawyn and Sea Bear like this.
  3. Zooty

Zooty Avatar

I couldn't agree more, by the time you've made it though the 3 main quest lines (that were not fully implemented on initial release) you are so far beyond tier 2 & 3 zones, I'm not staying they are not fun to go back and explore or to mop up any side quests i just think the saturation of lower tier zones vs higher tier zones needs to move forward as the median level of active characters moves forward.

https://sotawiki.net/sota/Scene_Difficulty
    11 tier 1 zones
    23 tier 2 zones
    34 Tier 3 zones
    34 tier 4 zones

I'm not suggesting every 1-4 zone get made more difficult just the hidden vales ones which is roughly 9.5% of them

Synergy Blaize likes this.
  4. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Based on that sotawiki page, 37% of the scenes in the game are Tier 1-3 - basically scenes that nobody would have any reason to visit after the first few weeks of gameplay, save for a one-off exploration or quest cleanup or perhaps a 5 min blessing dash. This seems high to me, particularly since most of the Tier 1-3 offer the same general things. Removing/updating difficulty of the hiddenvale scenes would make a nice dent in this and would be a good start.

[​IMG]

Spoon, Jaesun and Synergy Blaize like this.
  5. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

Again i think it should stay how it is. Its balanced to a point of low to high zones. Most folks forgot all about it except those who live there. Only reason folks came back was the bump of certain scenes. Sorry to argue for Hidden Vale to stay the same. There are a couple zones that need work to fit/suit their tier levels though. But generally i love it the way it is

Time Lord likes this.
  6. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

You know, the more I think about this, I'd be fine if all of the zones in the Hidden Vale were reworked to be high level. I'd just want a couple of them cloned first and left as-is elsewhere in the world.

Having the current Kingsroad at the corner of North Midmaer Way, just south of Brittany would be perfect. Great spot for a monument, and preserve a wonderful trainign spot for multiple creature types plus low-level resources.

Placing a copy of Plains of Righ Inis in the empty space of Longfall would make a great low-level hunting area.

Move Owl's Nest down to the Brightbone Mountains in the Perennial Coast, replacing the tunnels with Solania Catacombs and the Necropolis, and you can dovetail the wannabe Obsidian mage with the undead threat (and the Wolf).

Otherwise, go crazy!

Jason_M and Spoon like this.
  7. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

They had at one time mentioned revamping more of Hidden Vale but this was months if not a year ago. They did manage to do a few zones though and i am fine with that. Changing the entire layout of the region is not needed. Maybe....just maybe do away with all those PRT towns that are not in use. They wont get rid of them to make more adventuring zones due to a few folk still living in them. But there are quite a few of them that have maybe 2 residents and thats it. That would be a huge difference if those towns were actually worth the space they take up. LOL

Time Lord likes this.
  8. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

I agree with Belladonna,
    [​IMG]

As I see it, there are few ways to deal with our underpopulated world; we either fill in the blanks through some generic empty lot filler, or eliminate those underdeveloped towns (unfortunately not likely), or innovate our game's content.

As for those underdeveloped towns, I don't think it's possible given the town's privet ownership, yet one solution seems to me to have an "above ground population limit", where until a town reaches a certain population threshold, it's doomed to remain an underground hole in the ground (as two of my own towns currently are). With ownership currently in the way of such a proposal, I'm thinking the only way forward is to implement such a "above ground population limit" for all future POT's sold.

We need to clean our map of ghost towns, or fill in the blanks of their lots, with ghost town accommodations which cannot be maintained as actual housing, or like generic lot filler which could even be attractive, such as farming fields with no farming value. Yet this is where innovation could play a big key role in enhancing the attractiveness to new players. For instance if those empty lot fillers could feature generic NPC housing which came with the NPCs, yet were not able to be controlled or decorated by the POT owner (unless they paid for the codo shop custom filler themselves). Such an NPC household could have a generic movement activity scheduled and responses, just as our early generic hunting content once was.

Our current hunting areas could feature new content within content through attaching a bit more improved or higher skull area content to it's inner boarders. Modular areas of greater or lesser dangers could be "plugged in" to existing hunting areas where even NPC outposts and villages could be the filler until other more interesting content could replace it. Our world is currently stagnate and such "under construction" boarders could go a log way to invigorating our player's discussions of our future which were much more vibrant within our community during the early stages in our game's development. Much of our game's losses as we've developed have been cerebral in the imaginative. We need innovation, a reason to hope and imagine our future.

[​IMG]
    Just thoughts~Time Lord

Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.