Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Responded] Can look into and open all containers everywhere

Discussion in 'Release 69 Feedback Forum' started by Tailz, Aug 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tailz

Tailz Avatar

No matter the location or settings, all containers can be opened and contents viewed. Can not take anything, or so it seems for now. This includes all towns NPC and POT and all Lots.

Added:
    Confirmed with multiple players on different system settings and different OS.

2. Tailz

Tailz Avatar

Any word on this yet?

Copperhead and Fionwyn Wyldemane like this.
  3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I just tried this. I actually like it. BTW, you can't open nested containers, so you can always hide items that way.

4. runicpaine

runicpaine Avatar

5. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

yup... I can look inside other people's containers...

Tailz and Fionwyn Wyldemane like this.
  6. Lord Subtleton

Lord Subtleton Developer Emeritus

Thanks for the post. Players with access to the lot can interact with containers placed on the lot. Previously there had been an issue related to permissions that prevented some players from being able to open containers, but that is now resolved. Containers have addition permission settings that allow you to control whether other players may take or add items to the container. Another permissions fix for this release: Players who have modify/take access on the container itself (not the contents) can view the interaction log using the right-click context menu. Previously only lot co-owners could view the interaction log.

Barugon likes this.
  7. Tailz

Tailz Avatar

Ok but, on other peoples lots? where you don't have any kind of access? This is normal? anyone can look at anyones containers regardless the permissions set is the way it is at the moment. I do not think this is intended.
    @Lord Subtleton

8. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

I do not think "the public" should have any kind of access to containers without explicitly setting it. Ideally, containers would be "item owner" access by default.

I'd have a little different take on this if we had lockable containers. But, we don't.

9. Chiasma

Chiasma Bug Hunter

I did something bad in QA. I snooped player's containers that I have no permission to take item. The container got a bag inside which is full of music sheet. I pressed "Take All", all items in the bag got unloaded to the container. I think the owner may have to sort all items again.

10. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

it's exactly this kind of stuff that should be impossible to do "by default".

@Lord Subtleton please review. This isn't just a someone setting permissions incorrectly.

11. Duke Ezekiel Cooper

Duke Ezekiel Cooper Avatar

@Lord Subtleton,

There's a problem man...
    These guys aren't imagining this...

I just walked on some dude's lot that I don't even know, opened his chest, and found a letter in there titled,

"I Love My Mom... In More Ways Than One."

Copperhead, Cordelayne, Lace and 3 others like this.
  12. Gridseed

Gridseed Avatar

So far i had loads of stuff taken from me because of the setting are not on co owner :( and evertime a new patch or the setting goto kindred all the time :( i've sent a find item request so i can find a Baron crown and still no anwser :( so far i had no respose to anything to do with stuff going missing. i have left my guild because i can't have nice stuff because it get stolen :( i know about view item log after stuff has gone missing that someone told me about that was not a dev :( i have found one person that stole from me and got my stuff back from him :) but the rest of it like a golden clock and the crown and other costly stuff i have no clue and no resonce from the Devs :( Feeling let down :(

13. Scooby Doo

Scooby Doo Avatar

@Lord Subtleton this is not right.
    Someone with no access to my houses should NOT be able to go through my chest's, even if it's just to view.
    It's wrong and needs to be looked at again.
    Do you allow strangers into your house to go through your things?
    I'm sure you would call the police if you found someone in your house ruffling through your things.

I have many lot's and can't keep track of everything everyday. i also don't want every tom and larry knowing what i have in my chest's.
    I also sent in a requested to support since the last permission migration issue to no response.
    How are we supposed to know if things where stollen if we can't see the list?
    [​IMG]

Please re-evaluate this change as it is not in the best interest of the game and players assett's.

Thanks

Lace, Kinetic, Smegatron and 4 others like this.
  14. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

I agree, after looking into this, players that do not have permissions should not be able to open. or is this part of a bigger picture to give us keys to chest?

15. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

[​IMG]

Lace and Boris Mondragon like this.
  16. Astor Cerberus

Astor Cerberus Avatar

Please devs can you look at this - you get tons of tickets for misplaced items, and that's usually our fault - but stolen items tickets will be a nightmare - you're going to have to play judge and jury to try to figure out the rightful owners, our duplicate some rare items to replace stolen and sold off goods.

17. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

08/31/2019 21:06

Title: No permissions needed to snoop in chests.

Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? No

Details: Based on what I've seen others post about this bug, I did my own testing and concur with @Tailz that allowing people to look in private chests when they have ZERO permissions to the lot is a problem @Lord Subtleton . You have this report marked as "Responded", but your reply tells me you don't understand what is happening. Let me spell it out:

1. I have a character named Spicoli. He is a completely separate character on a completely separate account. I revoked his permissions to my lot. He has zero permissions, nada, nothing.

[​IMG]

2. He can look into my private containers. I'm not talking about public cache chests, I am referring to any and all containers that he should NOT have access to. This first test was on the bottom drawer of a Carved Oak Cabinet. Oops, look at all that stuff in there.

[​IMG]

3. My second test is with the Wizard's Inlaid Hutch - same thing, he can poke around to see what's in there.

[​IMG]

4. On the plus side, he cannot take anything and he cannot do anything with the nested bag.

5. I should not have to say it but, I'll say it anyway - this is broken. The only way to secure private chests is to lock the house.

6. The purpose of public cache chests was to allow people to access the chest. I don't want my private chests to be the "view-only" version of a public cache chest and agree with others that this needs to be fixed.

Steps to Reproduce: Go to a lot that you have zero permissions on and snoop in private chests to your heart's content.

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz (12) System RAM: 65477
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 GPU RAM: 8081
    SotA.Win.64.1034.Date.08.30.19
    Area: POT_swampisland_metropolis_01a_template/Serenity Isle
    Area Display Name: Serenity Isle
    Loc: (42.7, 14.3, -1.5)
    Debug: UE9UX3N3YW1waXNsYW5kX21ldHJvcG9saXNfMDFhX3RlbXBsYXRlfFNlcmVuaXR5IElzbGV8KDQyLjczOSwgMTQuMjYyLCAtMS41MzEpfCgwLCAwLjc3NiwgMCwgMC42MzEpfDk5LjE4OTF8MjEuMDUzNTF8MS4yNQ==

18. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

This has me concerned as well. I have had instances where after placing everything on the ship including chests to Co-Owner see it change back to Kindred. We are one bug away from non authorized folks to not just snoop but remove items. R/Boris

Gridseed, Lace, Tailz and 2 others like this.
  19. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

I missed this bug thread today when I posted in general about the permissions.
    I live in a small community without a lot of traffic and we all have access to each other's crap anyway, so I didn't think anything of it, until complete strangers were asking me about items stored in containers on my lots.
    I was like, huh? How did you know I had that?

Originally before the permissions messabout, if you went onto someone's lot, unless you were specifically added to said lot, all the furniture/containers was not interactable. Which is as it should be.
    Now a "random person" with no affiliation whatsoever to your lot, can, by default, open and rummage through all your things. by default, apparently.
    Like, claim lot, add nobody to it, put a container down - whole world has access.
    Sure they can't -take- anything ….at least, not unless some other bug happens....but they shouldn't even be able to get in there!

I don't want people knowing how much money I've spent on home decorations (esp not my spouse...), I don't need people seeing what I've got or begging me for stuff "because I have plenty" etc.

If this is intentional, this public all access pass to all containers, then I think everyone needs to be given about 500 free bank upgrades so we can keep nosy neighbours out of our stuff.

20. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

with all our collected stuff through the years... they should make it 5000 free bank slots upgrades... :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.