1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Feature causing rage

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Feral Crafter, Aug 31, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Feral Crafter

Feral Crafter Avatar

Hey, I've been playing a while and ... I need the game to be updated or I cancel my Premium account.

I can't equip mining tools.

Why?

Because my weapon and shield is out. I had to holster them before I can switch a non-used tool?! Why? I'm not using the tool with my weapons out.

How about ... you give a message like "You are unable to equip new tools because you are in fighting mode" OOORRRrrrrr, the fu'quen fighting gear is holstered and then new tool is equipped ... EVEN IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE TOOLS ARE IN YOUR FU'QUEN HANDS!!!!

Fix is by Sept 30 or I'll cancel my premium account and troll his game because it's ****. See my youtube "Dear Developer" video.

2. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

On the one hand, ralax.

On the other, yes.

3. Katu

Katu Avatar

No, I will not, nor has anyone else, it seems.

Sarek likes this.
  4. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

It's easy though to get out of fighting mode by using the z key on your keyboard. Once you equip tools they should stay equipped. Then you can be in combat mode and harvest ore, trees, etc.

If you are having trouble mining after that make sure your tool is not broken and be sure to carry extras unless you have tools that don't lose durability. Good luck to you and don't hesitate to ask questions. Most players are very happy to help.

CatherineRose likes this.
  5. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings Feral Crafter
    First Off if you are willing to quit over something so small then I wish you well and say Goodbye.
    Second if you ask for help you will find this community is more than willing to help. As
    majoria70 said you can equip all your tools at once and they stay equipped. You can even hide then in you inventory by clicking the gear in your inventory window and click the "Hide Equipped Tools". This way when you are out adventuring you just double click or type E and you will harvest the node. If you have your weapons out they will be automatically sheathed and unsheathed when done. The real reason to sheath your weapons when not using them is because you regain focus and health faster when sheathed. If you stick around please feel free to ask for help. We really are a good group of people.

CatherineRose and FrostII like this.
  6. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

You should have posted a link... I had to search for it... not cool... LOL... but here you go...

FrostII likes this.
  7. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

@Feral Crafter Might you point us to some part of your video... or do you expect us to watch all 23 mins to guess what part you'd like for us to see ?

Last edited: Aug 31, 2019
  8. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

This is conjecture, but if I had to guess, requiring a player to quit combat before equipping a new tool is probably an anti-bot mechanic. I reckon there are a lot of those.

9. ldykllr

ldykllr Avatar

Maybe equip your mining tools before you fight....problem solved. They don't magically "unequip" themselves, so I don't really see what the problem is? Unless you are talking about when you run out of durability and then need to equip a new one? But even then, it really doesn't take that long to go out of combat to equip a new tool (or just repair it).

Synergy Blaize likes this.
  10. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

And do you even need to leave combat mode to repair your tools? Not even sure about that one.

Anyways OP, that attitude will get you nowhere, being aggressive and menacing will only make them ignore you. They might lose out on money but no one wants to pay attention to a yelling customer, for a few reasons.

If you decide to quit over such a tiny feature, farewell...

FrostII and Bow Vale like this.
  11. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

I mean...are you equipping pickaxes that you've picked up off the ground or something? Why is this even a problem? You are pointing out a frustrating ragequit worthy issue that in like over 5 years of playing hasn't occurred to me once. Get a true bronze tool, and never take it off ever. Use repair kits on it. Problem solved. If you don't even want to do that, get a prosperity tool. This is a problem that has many solutions - if you wanna be angry about something, be angry about the fact that there are no tame-able cats in Sota.

12. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

You might as well cancel your sub now.

This isn’t your typical MMO where you can equip your sword and pickaxe at the same time. There is a bit immersion of having to switch from weapons to tools. Sounds like you’re too use to the theme park/trailer park mmos where you can equip everything all the time. If the 2 seconds it takes to switch is too much for you then you should consider another game.

13. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Is OP trying to actually WIELD the Pickaxe in his hand to mine? Is this what is happening that is making OP so upset? @Feral Crafter is this it, or am I completely wrong and you are upset with a trivial issue (since you can have all your tools equipped at once and mine/skin/harvest/chop with your weapons out)

14. Greyfox

Greyfox Avatar

Actually yes, frequently. A few from my list. I cancelled AT&T back in the 1990s and haven't been back since. Found a spoon in my chili at Chili's in 1994, haven't eaten there since. Chevy, Netflix, Starbucks, Nationwide Insurance, New York Times, CANCELLED never returning. I have more but you get the point.

Oh Google is on my list, but that one is too good to leave. But I'm waiting....Come on DuckDuckGo!!! Bing?, Altavista???

Capitalism, it works.

Crendel and Vladamir Begemot like this.
  15. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

So you’ve never seen Stranger Things or had Pumpkin Spice Latte?

16. Greyfox

Greyfox Avatar

Nope and HELL nope. I drink real coffee from privately owned coffee shops. Not being bias in the least but seriously Dunkin Donuts brewed coffee is vastly better than Starbucks brew.

I grind my own at home and/or work and french press it with whole milk.
    https://www.costco.com/Mayorga-Organic-Café-Cubano-Whole-Bean-Coffee-5-lb.product.100109695.html

DD has horrible donuts, but their coffee is good when I need something from a chain. McDonald's in an emergency.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2019
  17. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

In the first few seconds of the video posted above the person says the title is Shards of the Avatar. Not knowing the name of the game you are critiquing just shows you haven’t spent much time doing your homework.

Montaigne and kaeshiva like this.
  18. Montaigne

Montaigne Avatar

You really aren’t important and they don’t care. Capitalism, it works.

Greyfox likes this.
  19. Greyfox

Greyfox Avatar

Smart companies that intend to stay relevant care.

Educate yourself on Customer Lifetime Value (LTV). Also factor in word of mouth and family/friends value. Why do you think so many companies have "family" plans and discounts given for referrals?

https://chartmogul.com/metrics/ltv/#calculate

20. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

Actually, no, you CAN equip your sword and pickaxe at the same time. The animation only shows one of them in your hands at a time, but all of your equipped tools stay equipped nonstop until you manually unequip them. New characters at creation (at least as of last month) begin the game with all tools already equipped.

And no, he's not talking about picking up tools off the ground either, because those also automatically equip as soon as you pick them up, if you don't already that type equipped. And broken ones would give a different failure message. This guy chose to manually unequip his pickaxe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.