Immolation & Shield of Air

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GMDavros, Apr 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GMDavros

GMDavros Avatar

I know certain skills are not able to stack (e.g. Strength of Earth & Shield of Air). I don't recall hearing you could not stack Immolation and Shield of Air though, but that's what's happening to me.

Took me a little while to figure it out, but when i cast one, the other goes away. I tested Strength of Earth and Immolation and those two are happy together.

Did i miss something or should i log it as a bug?

Fenris

*** Even more interesting. I just tested casting SoA while i had Immolation and SoE up. It cancelled the Immolation but left me happily with both SoA and SoE.

I'm thinking bug for sure.

2. mystarr

mystarr Avatar

You are only supposed to be able to have one of the elemental shield/attunement boost skills active at a time. This means that Shield of Air, Shield of Crystal, Shield of Ice, and Immolation are all supposed to be mutually exclusive.

3. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

you can use str of earth and shield of air, you cannot have more then one shield active at a time though, and only one stat buff at a time. So, immolation, death shield, shield of crystal, shield of ice can only have one, and str of earth, airs embrace and enlightenment you can only have one active.

sota002, FrostII and Brass Knuckles like this.
  4. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

I had an idea a month or 2 back - maybe let players stack the shields but each additional shield after 1 would decrease the effectiveness of All active shields .. to give people more options with their builds and buffs. If a shield wears off, any others still active would regain their power

Examples with power/effectiveness indication:

- shield of air : 100% power
    - shield of air (50%) + shield of earth (50%)
    - death shield (33.3%), + shield of air (33.3%) + Ice shield (33.3%)

5. Hsitirb

Hsitirb Avatar

Is there a list somewhere that shows what spells cancel others ie don't stack - would be helpful knowing when buffing up for battle.

Violette Dyonisys likes this.
  6. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

If someone doesn't get to it before me, I'll make it for you by Tuesday! General rulenthough, like Mac put it (with a few additions)

• Magical shields (Air, Earth, Fire, Water, Death)
    • Magical Stat Buff (Enlightenment, Strength of Earth, Airs Embrace)
    • Max of 2 buffs of same kind (Attack Speed, Movement Speed, Avoidance)
    • Stances (Berserkers, Passive, Defensive...
    This is most of them, but I'll try to get an official list soon.

Jaesun, Jason_M and Hsitirb like this.
  7. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

Other than the ones already mentioned, chaotic feedback doesn't stack with shield of air or spell binders stance, although shield of air and spell binders stance stack with each other.

Berserker stance and flurry also don't stack, even if you have no other haste buffs.

Shield of crystal with earth spec doesn't count towards avoidance buff cap even though it has avoidance, btw.

Violette Dyonisys likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.