Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Is this game for melée only?

Discussion in 'Release 69 Feedback Forum' started by gracy, Aug 31, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. golruul

golruul Avatar

I didn't want to include the whole quote as it'd be too big, so I'll just chime in on these.

If I wasn't clear enough in my previous post, I'll type again:
    • Mage AoEs as (far) better at farming XP (i.e. killing whole lots of mobs) than melee. Mass AoE spam does MUCH higher DPS against a load of mobs than melee can ever do.
    • Ranged (this includes archery + magic) is better at farming bosses than melee.
    Here's what needs to happen for me to reconsider:
    • Melee starts clearing UT faster than ranged. I use UT as an example because it's widely understood.
    • Melee can regularly solo spider queen like girlsname does with ranged.
    • Melee is actually preferred in PvP. People can rant about PvP all they want, but if melee is a joke there, then it's really not competitive as a playstyle.

You can adapt while still being a mage. Devilcult posted how he successfully deals with dragons as a fire mage. Against undead, don't use death magic.

How do I, as a heavy armor blades user, achieve the same room clearing DPS that AoE spamming mages do? I can't, no matter what I do. Can any melee solo spider queen? Don't know, but I doubt it.

Melee isn't the grand utopia that people claim it is. Not even close.

That said, I use it because I'm lazy and don't want to constantly switch around. However, I'm well aware of its limitations compared to other playstyles.

By Tor likes this.
  2. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

Is the game for melee only? I hope not. I made it to 120A as a melee character. I just dumped 108M XPs into magic to try to combat the boredom that was setting in.

3. Pawz

Pawz Avatar

The mobs in the game are situational, some can be killed by melee, others more easily by a certain magic. Many of the top players in the game use only magic and do amazingly well! To answer your question...no, the game isn't just for melee.

Dhanas likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.