Single-Player Offline Questions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Heradite, Aug 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Ok.. my suggestion then is finish Path of Love last.. it requires the most fighting. Truth requires very little. Courage oddly doesn't require much but there is one point in particular that does.. but even if you die you can keep coming back.. but doing Truth then Courage will get you some levels and make Love a bit easier. However, you will probably find the final Path of the Oracle to be pretty challenging. Still, it's doable without any real ginding. I managed to complete the entire thing in the mid-40s.. but you'll probably want to level up some regardless. Do some side quests for XP etc..

2. Godra

Godra Avatar

I did nothing but grinding to boost skills before starting any story quests. Did the courage outskirts zone first, then went off killing and all the side quests I could do first and leveled up skills. Did the story stuff last. I think I have a few small emote type quests left.

I don’t like the timer on the companions, but it’s only if they die. So, I like a challenge and if I have to wait, then I have to wait. I just hate wasting time when it takes you long enough to grind skills in this game as it is.

3. Heradite

Heradite Avatar

Nah the timer exists if you die too. But yes it does take people long enough to grind skills as it is. Maybe single-player offline they could speed up the skill development process? There's no real reason you should have to grind in single-player offline. Oh well.

Astirian likes this.
  4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

There's a game save file that's in XML format where you can just set your skills to whatever you want.

Jaesun likes this.
  5. Godra

Godra Avatar

Well, from my recent experience, if I die before any of the companions die, then as soon as I rez at an ankh I can summon all three. If any of them die before me, then I can’t.

6. Heradite

Heradite Avatar

It's more if you die twice within the five-minute timer. So basically you can resurrect them immediately after you die the first time but if you die within the next five minutes, you have to wait for the cooldown.

7. Heradite

Heradite Avatar

Does the XML file have companion speed so that they can keep up with me? For some reason, they are so slow compared to me. Fiona being ranged kinda makes sense but Conrad's melee.

Astirian likes this.
  8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Probably not.

9. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Yeah you can tell them to stay close but even a fighter build with no speed buffs run faster than the NPCs & companions. I've found it mildly annoying when I want them to take care of the critters around me. They always take a few seconds to catch up. And Ariel always seems to go off on her own to attack stuff if you let her be aggressive. Old lady has a thing for getting into trouble sometimes.

Heradite and Astirian like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.