Blade of the Avatar

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Eina Stein, Aug 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

Personally I'm still hoping for my signed book. Despite the history.

2. HoustonDragon

HoustonDragon Avatar

Well, I can't give an update regarding the printed reward, as from what I'm aware, they cannot get the publisher to give them a discount on the actual published novel, so they would either need to pay retail for the book or self-print/bind the PDF version into a final format.

As for the actual series, I talked with Tracy Hickman at DragonCon this year, and was advised that the 2nd novel is at the publisher for review, and was further confirmed by Chris Spears that they are reviewing the manuscript, so we may see this on the horizon soon. Hickman also stated he intended to finish the trilogy, so there's that.

Also, for those following his and his son's progress with the VOID, they are opening several new locations (including Atlanta in 2 weeks!), and will be expanding to 22 more new locations around the US and Europe, so some awesome stuff.

3. oplek

oplek Avatar

No offence intended.... but why are we hearing this from you? Was this classified information and that's why there's been no official updates?

4. HoustonDragon

HoustonDragon Avatar

None taken.

Probably since 1) There was no official SOTA panel at DragonCon this year, as Richard Garriott did not attend as usual, 2) I asked Tracy Hickman personally after his VOID panel just this Saturday about the Shroud novel since I've talked to him before and got an autographed copy of my hardback novel, and 3) there was a post from Chris Spears responding to the SOTA FB page when I mentioned it the other day, so probably didn't get translated over here.

/2 cents

5. Greyfox

Greyfox Avatar

Ridiculous is believing Kickstarter rules creates an entitled investor at this point in time regarding this project. Something, even virtual, is better than nothing.

Cordelayne likes this.
  6. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

Investor? I think you have kickstarter confused with seedinvesting. Which was done later.

Kickstarter rules however do not allow investing. You can read the rules at https://www.kickstarter.com/rules

Other than Kickstarter stating Be Honest when creating a project, there aren't many rules listed.

Montaigne likes this.
  7. Eina Stein

Eina Stein Avatar

But I know people who have self-published. It's not that crazy expensive. I'm convinced the rights were signed away. I just want Port to tell us that.

I think what Oplek meant in the post above is why haven't they given an update here on the forums or in an email. Trying to get any info about the game is always difficult.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.