Need some help turning pics of Bank Items into a list I can manipulate in Excel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sea Bear, Sep 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sea Bear

Sea Bear Avatar

A long time ago I asked this question and someone was a Godsend and told me how to do this.
    My goal is to take the screen shots I have of all my in game bank items and copy them and then paste into a excel spreadsheet or Word doc or google sheets etc. I want to be able to sort/search items into categories, maybe add a selling price on them or where I got them from etc.

Someone gave me an link to an app that allowed me to take a picture of the screen shots from my bank and turn them into a list I could adjust and tinker with in Excel/Google Docs/Word or some other program of my choosing. But I seem to have lost all that info and the link he gave me on how to do this? Was awesome, saved a bunch of time

Any help would be a blessing and much appreciated!

2. Mugly Wumple

Mugly Wumple Avatar

If you search on Screen Capture To Text many applications are listed. Perhaps you will recognize the one you used before.

3. Sea Bear

Sea Bear Avatar

never mind got it

4. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings Sea Bear
    Could you please list the program you found so others can use it also. I would like to do the same thing with my inventory.

Thank you

Gefionious and Duke Gréagóir like this.
  5. Parson Barr

Parson Barr Avatar

It would be great if we could dump any window list to the console for copy and paste. Or directly copy it into the clipboard as tab delimited text for pasting into a spreadsheet.

Bryce Pallaton likes this.
  6. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings all, I have always wondered why we cant copy it from memory when we load a vendor or open a container. It has to be putting it in our working file like it does with our list of loot or stats or buffs. I am almost sure the API can do it but Port doesn't want to impact vendor sale prices or economy. I just want it for inventory management.

7. Sea Bear

Sea Bear Avatar

Here is a List of ones recommended:

https://windowsreport.com/ocr-software-windows-10/

I started out last night using the One Note from my Office Suite because I had it and it was free.

But am trying this one out today, will let you know which I like better. Not having to take a pic save it the use one note to extract the text would be nicer. Some of these allow you to just pont onto your image with text on your computer screen and it will extract what you want (like your bank inventory or a vendor you have come across. My plan is to compile a data base from vendors I come across to get an idea what things are being sold for, then sort it as needed, then go thru all the items I wish to put on my vendors and price them competently
    vs guessing

8. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Please let us knows as soon as you are convinced! I need to organise my chests (my god is it a mess right now...) So this would help immensely!

9. Bryce Pallaton

Bryce Pallaton Avatar

I am currently using ImageMagic and Tesseract OCR to do this. Tesseract can't OCR light text on a dark background, so I use ImageMagic to invert the colors first. I'd be interested in a better method.

10. Lained

Lained Avatar

I initially went down this root and had varying results so gave up on my project, interesting to find out the reason for Tesseracts inconsistency.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.