1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

9/6 Crown Shop Updates

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Sep 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Greetings Avatars,

This week there are several new Obsidian Order themed decorations to choose from as well as a Bonfire. Also there is still one week left to get items from The Vault that are mostly from the expired Flexible Placement stretch goal store including the Knight's Tents and the Large Stables! There are also some Obsidian Order themed items from the Obsidian themed livestream.
    • Obsidian Order Decorations: There are five new Obsidian Order themed items in the Crown Shop. Since many of these items were used in The Epitaph they are perfect for decorating your own Player Dungeon!
      • Obsidian Plinth
      • Obsidian Round Dais
      • Obsidian Megalith
      • Obsidian Dragon Sentinel Statue
      • Obsidian Ornate Round Dais
    • Bonfire: We added a new larger fire to decorate with!
    • The Vault: Current round of Vault items are available until Thursday, September 12 at 10:30 AM Central Time. At that time, the next round of 9 items will be available for two weeks, and then the next, etc
      • Garden Shed
      • Small Knight's Tent
      • Large Knight's Tent
      • Greenhouse
      • Stables
      • Adobe 2-Story Village Home
      • /evileye
      • Obsidian Wizard Robes
      • Obsidian Plate Armor
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

Campfires on your lot are cool... camp fires as a place anywhere class of object on the other hand....

3. Bryce Pallaton

Bryce Pallaton Avatar

The Obsidian Round Dias is exactly the sort of thing I want to place my fire-breathing dragon statue on! Too bad the statue can't be placed on things!

Can the Obsidian Dragon Sentinel Statue be placed on the Obsidian Round Dias?

4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

It's unfortunate that they have imposed these somewhat arbitrary limitations. :(

Bryce Pallaton likes this.
  5. Bryce Pallaton

Bryce Pallaton Avatar

Do you think they'll relent if I keep ringing the bell?

I understand that initially they probably wanted to keep players from building absurd and immersion breaking things. However, I believe that all they've really accomplished is unnecessary limits to creative freedom, which is a real shame.

Barugon likes this.
  6. Ashyeena Marsh

Ashyeena Marsh Avatar

The bonfire and the new Obsidian items are flagged as Heritage items, which means they're not tradable. Is that intentional? This hasn't been done with any other new deco items, so it seems strange.

Spoon likes this.
  7. Bryce Pallaton

Bryce Pallaton Avatar

I'm pretty sure you've discovered yet another reason they made no-trade items placeable. Otherwise all deco would have to be tradeable, which potentially means fewer sales, since the only source of this deco is the shop.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.