Population feels like it’s flat lined again.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Brass Knuckles, Sep 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Chris mentioned everyone went back to school and concurrency was a bit lower, tbh I didn’t even know we had kids playing.

Is there any advertising any where going on? I do occasionally see a actual new player and see them in /u but is it just me or does portal need to hire an actual advertiser to market the game. Or are we still waiting till the game is bug free before we push anything? I’m so confused with this model...

I’ve never seen anything ever advertised and I have had many conversations with other gamers. I would totally be surprised if I ever had a conversation with any random person who has even heard of shroud. I don’t think the strictly word of mouth thing went over well sure there are fans like me who spread the word I’ve even got a few to try but quickly left that includes 8 family members, also there is more bad word of mouth currently on review sites. What we need and this is my option is to target people interested in this sandbox style game with heavy and repeated advertising.

It would be cool to have your take on this @Lord British if you can spare the time.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
  2. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

I've seen some advertising on FB last year I believe. I was thrilled to see something was going on. In the last 7 or 8 months I think. Nothing. And I spend a LOT of time on the Internet which says something I think.

BTW, Leave Lord British to his work. He is finishing Episode 2 and getting our book for Episode 1 in a handy travel size so it fits in the box

;-)

Cordelayne likes this.
  3. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Summer is the slow time for MMOS. It starts to pick up more near fall.

4. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

Summer (at least for school) is pretty much over, but I see new people running through the low tier zones as I'm in everyday.

5. CICI

CICI Avatar

We need more advertising for sure =)

Brass Knuckles and krakenvarados like this.
  6. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

At the very least regular posting on social media, like Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Very effective and free, except for time.

7. CICI

CICI Avatar

pinterest too =)

Asclepius and Brass Knuckles like this.
  8. Geaux

Geaux Avatar

Population feels like it’s flat lined again.

I realize that it is not very scientific, but I look at the PVE leaderboard to see how many characters had kills in the last day. As an example, it's at 754 right now.

Oddly, you can just die 1 or more times and make the list without killing anything, so 4 of the 754 people managed to do that...

Astirian and Brass Knuckles like this.
  9. Ostvel

Ostvel Avatar

I am one of those who constantly add friends still just like before we got teleport to zone scrolls. I am constantly adding 10 or so new names almost every day, my friendlist is always sitting at 175 - 400 plus online at any given time usually and it is a constant flux.

Jaesun, margaritte and Sentinel2 like this.
  10. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

So is this fake news? Looks like population is more then when I started few months ago.

11. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

The thirty day PVE kill shows 3880 unique avatars over the month. Anyone's guess as to how many are alts.

12. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Yes!! This is a cnn news story..

Actually,

Chris Spears said concurrency was down and there are these

https://steamcharts.com/app/32616

Subtract three for my alts.

BTW: this Was mostly about advertising not numbers debate. For some 5 people would be a full game and other won’t be happy till it over takes wow.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
    Witcheypoo likes this.
  13. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

Wow that does show a sharp decline rather then just flat and I didn’t catch that stream yet as I have some catch up when I get free time.

I’m sure some good advertising could push the numbers back up.

Brass Knuckles likes this.
  14. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

The steam numbers are only good at showing trends I find them when they are used for that they represent what I’m seeing in the game. More people play threw sota launcher than the steam launcher so that’s not the total population.

15. gtesser

gtesser Avatar

I will try to convince a friend to join. What is the site that shows all the available houses with pictures of them? And if there was one with all the pets you can tame, that would be helpful too.

Witcheypoo and Geaux like this.
  16. Geaux

Geaux Avatar

On the bright side, the leaderboard numbers do not include any crafters, decorators, or farmers, that logged on and neither died nor killed anything...

Chatele likes this.
  17. Pawz

Pawz Avatar

Most people stopped logging in through steam quite some time ago as the patches are much bigger.

Chatele, Jaesun and Synergy Blaize like this.
  18. oplek

oplek Avatar

Which means that would have no effect on the recent dip. Steam is a representative sample that indicates relative activity (or lack thereof). Whether everyone uses Steam or not, isn't relevant.

Chris himself said in a stream that Steam makes up about 1/3 to 1/4th of the playerbase. That corroborates with independent measurement methodology, which also indicates a dip in players.

Yes, most people don't use Steam. So what? People seem to like to use that factoid as a bunker against the facts.

eli, Hornpipe, MrBlight and 1 other person like this.
  19. Scooby Doo

Scooby Doo Avatar

3500?
    With the flaming dragon statue logon reward this month I have logged on all 30+ of my alts including the 10 new ones I made on the weekend.

20. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Well, 3772 players killed at least one mob. The remainder ( to 3880) were killed but had no pve kills. If people are logging in multiple alts and having them kill a mob after claiming their reward, then perhaps you are right and the numbers as read from the board are totally useless.

Geaux, StarLord and Synergy Blaize like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.