very disapointed with the continued Archery nerfs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fenrus MacRath, Sep 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

Sure but this strategy makes alot of people just rage quit ...all im saying is ... if theres no problem theres no need for a solution .... no mare people rage quitting .... asking players to adjust to this development model is a tough nut to swallow ..not trying to bash any of the team ... but nerfs gotta end ...do your job better so you dont give then take from players .

Lesni, FrostII and K1000 like this.
  2. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

Exactly…… I play an ARCHER in another game I am playing, where I actually make a difference and can solo very very well..... I came back to this game after update, since I have been gone for awhile, And hate the changes made to my Archer..... Not fun to play. So, now I am back playing an Archer in the other game I am playing where I can actually kick Arse and live to tell about it :) .....
    Maybe someday, Chris will make us viable again , till then good luck.... will be on once in a long while hoping they get this game right. make it fun to play all characters, make adventuring FUN and rewarding, make dungeons for us soloers too where I see other players in it as well, and make death not so punishing, and for goodness sakes, make repairing my BOW not consume most of my time, it is ridiculous on how much time I spend in repairing my dam bow, NOT FUN.... ah well, I really hope success for this game, someday...

3. golruul

golruul Avatar

I jokingly mention every so often that melee is immune to nerfs... because it sucks. So if anyone wants a nerf-free lifestyle, come join myself and the other melees!

(I agree with your post, btw)

4. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

I mean we are AVATARS , we are suppose to out live , out damage and out think our enemies …. WE ARE SUPPOSE TO BE THE HEROS, and be stronger and smarter then our opponents. But man, they are so much stronger and better then us, as an archer at least, this is how I feel when I play this game. They defeat us more then we defeat them. The are the victors … not to mention, we are usually SO OUT NUMBERED.... as a soloer, this can be frustrating with no viable skill to tackle them all. AND no, I don't want to use magic, I am a pure archer after all, or trying to be one.... err was one till the nerf bat swung again, forgot we are not suppose to have fun, that's it, I get it now , ugh

Scooby Doo and K1000 like this.
  5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Isn't that the point of FRPGs?

6. Hemswal The Descended

Hemswal The Descended Avatar

@Dhanas Melee can hit dragons even while they are flying. You just have to be directly under them.

7. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

I tryed alredy and unless it changed, seems like you can hit just with autoattack but not with skills

8. Curse2

Curse2 Avatar

Please do not take this personally, as I will not take it personally that many think that players that had fun playing the build I so enjoy; are by nature, whiners and malcontents.

Have you actually played an Air Shield - Tactics - Archer toon since the last patch? The fact that you mention that "Archery is still a really competitive class in PVE" sort of indicates that it is not likely, or perhaps you are level 200. I highly recommend that you consider playing one and perhaps editing your post after verifying that you are not likely to be able to solo a wyvern any more, with massive crits of 43, 62, 39, etc.

This is not really a simple class to play, not something for the arm chair beer drinkers, as you have to actively run around like your hair is on fire, charging glyphs and shots as you do, and man "was it fun".

My character is level 108.

I have never PVPed, but I could have.

I have the best gear in the game.

I can no longer even solo a dang wyvern after this last patch.

Chatele, StarLord and Scooby Doo like this.
  9. Hemswal The Descended

Hemswal The Descended Avatar

I kill dragons with blades skills while they fly.

Vero likes this.
  10. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

I am not an archer, and no i don't play that build, i am talking cause i have couple of friends that use that build and i saw a streaming of someone using it, seems like they are still very competitive in PVE.
    Most of the classes around here doing more difficult contents need actively gameplay, not just archers
    I am not in the dev team so i don't know where the decision came from, but i think the nerf was most intended for higer level toons, that are probably the ones who suffers more for it, at the same time it is perceived of course also from lower level.
    P.S. All the people i am talking about are not at all level 200, but 120 or around there.

Curse2 likes this.
  11. Curse2

Curse2 Avatar

Have you spoken to these folks or seen a stream since yesterday's patch?

How would you know what the nerf was intended to do or if it was even intentional? For all we know someone spilt a beer on their keyboard while updating something and this was a complete accident.

If @Fenrus MacRath is leaving and @Elrond is checking in on it, this is beyond the scope and scale of explainable, justified, or prudent.

Scooby Doo likes this.
  12. A'chelata

A'chelata Avatar

Yes, Archery is officially worthless now. The last change with the charged shot was the final nail. Once again, no reason to play an archer. Once again, they take something that was actually providing fun to a reasonable portion of the ridiculously small playerbase, and destroy it.

The skill tree skills were always worthless anyway, and now with the changes implemented by chris over the last two releases and patches have killed the entire template. Forget the air shield nerf, the damage output has just taken an extreme nose dive down.

Forget this game.

13. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Hmmmm... was this the nerf regarding archers spitting off 1200+ crits every second with no focus cost or need for glyphs?

Vero and Barugon like this.
  14. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Fireballs hurt...

15. eli

eli Avatar

it's because they are trying to balance every skill level combination and stat combination, while also allowing them to be infinitely variable. Like balancing 20 eggs on their nose at once, while you're on a roller coaster.

OP and many others in the thread are right, the nerfs and buffs depend upon popularity and mass sentiment. The squeaky wheel gets waxed, the minority that used it see the fix does not work, get frustrated, and quit in some capacity, but here's the key: to everyone else, the illusion of balance is maintained. The impossible problem is shown as somehow solvable. The possibility of this becoming the game promised is allowed to live in our minds.

when i played, dragon was immune to fire magic.

Montaigne likes this.
  16. Curse2

Curse2 Avatar

Hmmmm... no

It was regarding archers that use a very focused build based upon numerous innate skills along with Air's Embrace(Glyph that uses focus), Shield of Air(Glyph that uses focus), Berserker's Stance(Glyph that uses focus), Aetheric Feedback(Glyph that uses focus), Fireflies(Glypth that uses focus), and Blind(Glyph that uses focus). At least in my case.

I have never gotten a crit over 650ish at my level (108), but I was an asset in a group and could solo level appropriate creatures that others my level can solo, that have very focused builds using other skill trees.

I think the problem in it's entirety is that some folks thought they had the perfect OP build and were fat, dumb, and happy; until someone else came along and came up with something else that worked well.

If you can't beat em, nerf em!!!

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
  17. A'chelata

A'chelata Avatar

Every second? yeah sara, that never happened, while a 1200+ crit certainly was possible, but it NEVER was every second or even every minute.

But you should be happy, now the best an archer can do has been cut in half or more, Archer DPS was destroyed, meanwhile melee can still crit for over 2k. Sounds fair.

18. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

@Sara Dreygon is not exaggerating.

golruul, Jaesun and Sara Dreygon like this.
  19. A'chelata

A'chelata Avatar

right . . . . . . he doesnt' play an archer, doesn't have the skill levels I have, so obviously, since I've only ever played an archer since before persistence, I have no clue what i'm talking about. Lying and sota logic wins again!

OzzyOsbourne and Fenrus MacRath like this.
  20. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Using speed buffs, I could release fully charged shots every second. Before it was fixed, I could crit every one of those shots using Blind. Without any special gear I was easily getting 800+ crits.

Jaesun, StarLord and Sara Dreygon like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.