very disapointed with the continued Archery nerfs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fenrus MacRath, Sep 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Speking from my point of view, i dont use magic so i dunno bout the air shield stuff, but i do use all the weapons and a bow.

I never took the active skills (or the inante that increases damage) for ranged because the charged shot alone out-DPSed all my other weapons. Im seeign crits over 200 instead of 400 500 like i was seeing before and not really noticing less freqency with my skillset, but i was aware of a imbalance where archers could crit almsot every single shot under certain conditions.

Post patch, i still have to switch to range to take on cabalists. Dragons, wyverns, trolls can be dodged with physical movments so i dotn see any difference in fighting those. I never facce-tanked those things and superDPSed them down or anything like that so i wouldnt expect that to be different for me anyways.

2. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
    Cordelayne and Sara Dreygon like this.
  3. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

If you believe that archers active skills need a buff you never seen a good archer playing :p
    Or maybe you have seen just people used to the OP half charged shot.

4. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

I’m not talking about archery it was way op..

Now the only way op class left is fire ;)

Firemages and archers account for what 70% of the player base lol

Dhanas, Sara Dreygon and Antrax Artek like this.
  5. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

I would love to know what's the % of Players that runs archery and fire :)

Dhanas and Sara Dreygon like this.
  6. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Yup, felt it. I think the many, smaller hits feel it the most like probably auto shot archer. I should start a thread on the auto shot archer nerf but knowing of only one I wouldn"t be expecting much traffic.

Cordelayne likes this.
  7. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

The difference I see now is in the damage output and also that I don't crit every shot with Blind.

[edit] Sorry, yeah, no difference since last patch.

8. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

You will do even less with fire on those malefic lich lord as it need alot more exp to get to the point of damage of meteor. They are just resistant to magic.

9. DavidDC

I did fight them already, any lich mage with 1k hp + resist alot, those with 2k+ even more, and those that are boss like this are very resistant, its the same as the lich boss in the rise or wherever else.
    Its possible to pierce it, but you need more than 16m in the tree, and u gotta use all the skills available to reduce the fire resist on it, not counting the gear. Its not that easy, low skill wont pierce it

Just like you could get wand or staff with moon and all geared moon and start doing damage on those lich with meteor.

10. Curse2

Curse2 Avatar

Really? I think this says it all, I do not wish to follow a prescribed path.

Classless Character System
    Enjoy true individuality with a vast pool of customization options. Use over 20 different skill trees containing hundreds of skills and spells to forge your unique path.
    WARNING: If your customization is better than expected, we nerf you!

11. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

People usually don't know the difference between fix and nerf :p

The nerf everyone is talking about is a fix, people were able to get the damage of 3-4 ticks of charged shot when charging just 1-2 ticks.
    The real nerf here was not for archers but for air mages (air shield nerf) who were already in a bad position.

You should change ur note. Warning: if your customization takes advantage of broken things and bugs we fix it!

12. Darek Trond

Darek Trond Avatar

yay at least dragons now have a decent resistance (and other's too), so stop complaining and enjoy the new challenge ;)

edit: and for the next login reward they should consider a "replenishing box of tissues" item and now you can roast me :p

13. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

ok here it is and skill levels this is with two fire wands rest moon gear

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/531134940054683658/622216668684222480/unknown.png

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/531134940054683658/622216782933000241/unknown.png

vrs the moon data from above again is is 600m in moon vrs near nothing fire skills and way sub standard fire gear.......

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/531134940054683658/621518232549064709/unknown.png

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/531134940054683658/622217896294350849/unknown.png

the dps was still low on fire but remember it does tick 2x as fast in that same amount of time that was 3x more dps from fire

14. Aetrion

Aetrion Avatar

If something is significantly more powerful than all alternatives it tends to be a lot easier to bring it down a bit than to bump everything up, not to mention power creep is a serious issue in games where you only ever make things more powerful.

What the game really needs is a unified system that can cut through all the nonsense and let people make choices based on how they want to play rather than just what works best. The numbers should be much easier to follow and not be so completely differently derived between different methods of dealing damage.

Bedawyn and Brass Knuckles like this.
  15. DavidDC

Thats 300m exp btw, attune from exp doesnt matter at a certain point as it cost 50m to get a single point.

I just tryed one malefic vagabond which have about same resist. Meteor with 125 attune did same as you, while my fire ring with 250 attune was doing 50-60 base and 120 crit. Im specced fire tought and have 305 int or so.

Which come to the conclusion that those damage you see is probably the lowest a monster can get. It cant be 0 damage remember, so you are not exactly passing or myself passing the resist with meteor, pretty sure tought that you can go higher and actually deal some good damage cause ive seen it with some 250 attune character (which come mostly from gears, not skill and exp) dealing some 150 crit on those kind of lich resist. Just need to get pass that point.
    Fire wands does have a bonus, 4% fire bonus damage on wands, plus if specced you get some resist debuff on the mob. But you can trust me when i say its gonna cost you more than 16m exp in fire to be able to do what im doing, im at 886m exp in fire to do this kind of damage.

16. DavidDC

If i count my attune withtout spec and gear, that would be 10 warlock, 20 ring, 50 wands, 10 chest, + 125 base, 215 attune
    You are at 143 base, so that make it 233 attune, + moon spec 20, 253
    Even if it look crap to have 20 more attune, that extra 5 damage over the base resist will be transformed into a 10 crit, it all adds up really fast.

Also not sure what is your int...

But yeah gears does change everything right now and play a major part

And we dont know what are the real resistance, is it higher to moon than fire? Pretty hard to define those as we cant really know stats from mobs

17. nikkon78

nikkon78 Avatar

That was the End of this Game. I see in 3 weeks every longtime player has left. thats not archer only nerf. Thats a big fucking mistake wath this guys have do. Ok first stepp, cancle suscription, second stepp wait until next big Pacht and look if something has Change, third stepp go playing Starciticen or some other game.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
    Mishikal likes this.
  18. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

You might be right that’s more in the 300 mill range but the point was simply with much less xp and much less gear and less attunement I can out dps moon with fire this changed noticeably for me when the damage resistance stuff when in. I think moon suffers from both magic resistance AND physical resist.

This was never about you vrs me

19. DavidDC

Its not me vs you either, just saying that with 100 less attune than you with moon and no spec i get same damage as you. So clearly their resistance to moon seem stronger than fire. This resist got in a year or more ago, its nothing new. What did change tought is the way meteor hit. Doesnt mean fire ring will out dps meteor on any mob tought. Ive seen meteor do more than fire ring often on normal monster, and more on skeleton since they seem to be weak to meteor.

Only reason im arguing with you right now its cause you said 16m can outdps a 300m+ moon tree, with 16m in moon and correct gear i can do as much, thats just my point.

20. Curse2

Curse2 Avatar

This is the last patch

You are more than welcome to your opinion, however misinformed it may be, just kidding.

It has been broken since the day I started playing, it was a nerf to me. If it was broken, it should have been fixed in 72 hours, not months later.

I made a decision on game mechanics that existed and developed a play style that I enjoyed, using Air and Tactics Specialization with a Bow as my choice of weapons. I enjoyed it.

You do not know me, nor do others; but I can without hesitation, assure you that I have been gaming longer than most of the folks on this forum. I am grumpy and have have no appetite for or appreciation of the condescending attitude about my pursuits or motivations from the concerned citizenry! I have noticed that some people really enjoy watching it rain on someone else's parade. I find no pleasure from such things.

I agree with Fenrus on all he said!

Fenrus MacRath and Mishikal like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.