Population feels like it’s flat lined again.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Brass Knuckles, Sep 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

So on Astellia the reward for pvp are cash shop tokens, following that in SOTA we should get cotos as pvp reward.
    +1 for that :p

Also i bet not-pvpers there don't want to enter in the dedicated pvp zone at all costs like happens in SOTA, i still remember some asking to remove dedicated pvp zones cause they wanted to go there without pvping.

Sometimes is devs fault, but trust me sometimes is just players fault.

Devs just tried to please the self proclaimed majority of Players (Louder voices i would say), that's the result.

Boris Mondragon likes this.
  2. Greyfox

Greyfox Avatar

I haven't played Astellia, and don't intend to play it. Based upon what I'm reading those tokens should allow you to only buy Cosmetics. You can't loot your opponents. The PVP zones only two without ANY PVE elements to entice non-pvpers in for easy ganks.

So COTOs as PVP rewards isn't the same and people would be exploited it with alts and friends to an extreme. All PVE zones should have ZERO PVE. PVP zones should NOT have anything interesting or required by the PVE player. So SOTA should make Bloodbay and the Arena PVP, NOTHING and I mean ABSOFUCKINGLOOOTLY nothing else a PVP zone. Gear should not be looted. Kills should earn you "PVP POINTS" that can be spent on cosmetic "pvp style" gear. Have leaderboards. Have a PVP Forum section where people can talk **** freely without being moderated by triggered devs. Make the basic combat more enjoyable and streamlined instead of the current cluster f*ck. Balance levels, say level 120 for everyone, so some no lifer can't crush everyone. Few other changes and MAYBE PVP in SOTA would be viable.

Most important stop the endless nerfing, the Developers are NOT skilled enough to balance these classes properly for PVP. Even the geniuses at Blizzard struggle with class balance in PVP. If everyone has the exact same build (they won't) so what, it would actually make the combat MORE skill based.

To summarize, Korean MMOs, avoid them trust me on this. SOTA has a lot going for it but keeps falling flat on it's face. Eventually it won't get up again and give up. Maybe if the Developers played the game they would realize their mistakes and fix them instead of listening to the WRONG people that got them into this current mess.

Arya Stoneheart and Cordelayne like this.
  3. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Well the game got a bit of a bump with the crafting changes but I guess unless you are into crafting/taming/deco etcetera it has no real excitement at least it does not for me. I even asked the question about the "Parties of Parties" (Raid Groups) yesterday during the stream and got the runaround answer. It was as far as I understood it too complex an issue at the moment and they have better things to do. One day when it flatlines completely they will wonder what caused it. "No End Game". I will just farm the Rise , sell items, sell IGG until something really interesting pertaining to an end game comes around. R/Boris/El Pirata.

Cordelayne and Fister Magee like this.
  4. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

I saw that question and that's what I got out of it too. I thought raid groups was one of the things coming prior to Ep2 so that way Ep2 content was developed around raid groups. Huh

5. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

No Raid Groups = very few if any big battles worth bring in , watching or talking about. Also leads to less publicity they can use by filming those type of events. What is the purpose of grinding up a character other than killing the next mob they buff up or create ad nauseum. I will put the same comment on their next release notes "Blah" nothing to get excited about. Hoping the game does not get sold to another company in the near future like Ultima Online got sold to Electronic Arts. R/Boris

Cordelayne likes this.
  6. A'chelata

A'chelata Avatar

At this point, that might not be a bad thing necessarily. Maybe it will get sold to a company that understands that players play games to have fun.

We've all seen the player numbers, how could another company possibly do worse?

7. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Until they address the loot situation on large targets or make some sort of fundamental change, its hardly worth joining a team of 8 much less something bigger.
    The loot is so bad, even on the "aether creatures" we have now, that trying to divvy up the loot between even a team of 8 would be like what, people getting 50 gold each? Or once every 30 kills or so, you could um.....split a mediocre artifact 8 ways? Everyone'd be better off spending the same amount of time just killing crap in a low tier scene and selling it, in terms of reward for the effort.

So while I'd love to see raid groups, I think the first step would be adding something that's actually worthwhile to raid.

But if we make it 'too' good, then it becomes the only viable thing to do, making doing non-raid adventuring, crafting, etc. pointless.

The challenge here is to make crafting, regular adventuring, and raiding, and PvP all paths to the same place, with varied but more or less equivalent rewards so that players can each play how they want and still feel like they are accomplishing something.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
    Astirian, Griffler, Jaesun and 2 others like this.
  8. evillego6

evillego6 Avatar

EA purchased Origin in 1992, 5 years before UO's release.

9. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Are you sure about that date and not 2002. Seems Richard sold UO after Renaissance came out hence having to wait a specific amount of time prior to making a similar game. R/Boris

10. evillego6

evillego6 Avatar

EA purchased Origin in 1992 for 30 million dollars. UO was developed by Origin which was wholly owned by EA during its development and launch. EA also owned Origin during Ultima 8 and 9's development. Richard left Origin in 1999, a year before the release of UO: Renaissance. A non-compete clause, if one existed it, was only for a year as in 2000, he founded Destination Games with Starr and his brother and announced they were working on his new MMO Tabula Rasa.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
    Astirian, Jaesun, Barugon and 2 others like this.
  11. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

After read this @kaeshiva I agree with you, there really isn't anything to have a large group for at the moment. I would say possibly Control Points, but at the end of one with a group of eight we just end up selling everything and split the gold. Unless we get lucky and get a blue bag or better, but it's rare. I had thought that Ep2 content would have more content that would be conducive to form a raid party which would be a good reason to introduce it sooner rather then later.

Considering Ep2 is promised to be here in three months I doubt they have built much into it. From the sound of it they are only going to be introducing the new lands so that those who paid for their PoT move will be made whole. Other then that it looks like real Ep2 content is a long way off for even raid parties.

12. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Thank you for the clarification so how soon before another company buys Shroud of the Avatar from Portalarium? I think It will depend on whether EP2 ever gets off the ground and the potential player increase. R/Boris
    @kaeshiva , @Sulaene Moon : My version of the "Raid Parties" has two potential attractions. For PvE it would take Portalarium to do either POT (with owner permission)/NPC town invasions on a scheduled basis with proportionate loot and PVP battles like those we have done where friendly fire can be all but eliminated. The whole concept is geared to break up the monotony with an end game content. This content can either be PVP between large guilds or PVE vs Portalarium scheduled large scale sieges. That is what I always have and will continue to believe will bring more people into the game and keep them interested. R/Boris

Sulaene Moon likes this.
  13. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Killing dragons for an hour should generate roughly the same amount of loot as killing UT for an hour. Probably more, since the XP reward is so much less.

14. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

Considering their last marketing was only geared to old players that never materialized in any substantial ways, it'll be hard pressed for any increase. But here's to hope and change.

Boris Mondragon likes this.
  15. Fenrus MacRath

Fenrus MacRath Avatar

I would say that number is probably 1/3 actual players. I know tons of folks who go EXP farming and park 3 alts in the corner with their bears out. Before I quit the game, I was in a PUG at UT with 8 people in the party. 3 (including me) were actual players, the other two guys had a bunch of alts standing around getting attenuated.

Kinda sucked actually.
    I also know several players who have 6 -10 different accounts that get logged on every day to get their bonus XP. I myself had 5 that i would log on with frequency. not to mention all the players who have multiple crafters against the possibility they were going to limit crafting specializations. In reality, I would be stunned to find out there were more than 300 actual people who log into the game on a monthly basis.
    There are just too many good games out there and folks who pop in to try it, get sick of the nonsense and never come back.

Gorthyn and Montaigne like this.
  16. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

I logged into Wolcen the first time in like a year, WOW I am having so much fun I can’t w8 for it to be outta beta.

17. Fenrus MacRath

Fenrus MacRath Avatar

What is Wolcen?

18. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

It's the best hack-n-slash game (that I've played recently) that these guys have recommended and incidentally got me hooked on. :mad:

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
  19. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

YouTube it but make sure ur watching a version after June 2019 it’s like diablo and patch of exile but it looks nicer and that skill tree OMG

If you liked any of the diablos and you skip this then ur missing ur game

Fenrus MacRath and Sentinel2 like this.
  20. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

Loved the Diablos. I'll check it out. Not much free time. I still login regularly to SOTA or at least I try. RL you know get's in the way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.