Dragon Flying

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Crendel, Sep 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crendel

Crendel Avatar

Anyone find a way or meathod to keep dragons from flying up? I am blades and am not 100% sold that circling the Dragon helps, just wondering if anyone figured it out.

2. Feldon Grimshaw

Feldon Grimshaw Avatar

i also do blades, and it's frustrating when you get a flyer.

i did see someone using polearms once with the "pull" skill that would bring them back down. that was a while ago, not sure it still works, but it might be sometthing to look into.

Crendel likes this.
  3. Vero

Vero Avatar

You can still hit dragons when they are flying but a flyer does add some time to the kill. No skills can 100% keep em down. (anymore) When it flys choose to follow and keep hitting or take that time to avoid the fire spits . If you want to see some different ways lemme know, I would love to show some ways to keep dmging decent when it's up in the air.

Edit: spinning does not keep the dragon down 100% either :)

V

Lazlo, Crendel and Duke Gréagóir like this.
  4. SteelCore

SteelCore Avatar

If you use the Engage Opponent skill when the dragon starts fire breathing for example, your avatar will be in perfect range for your blade attacks, no matter if the dragon is flying above your heads. You can also use a wider field of view from the graphics menu, then you can see the damage your hits are inflicting.

Crendel, Jaesun, Ostvel and 1 other person like this.
  5. golruul

golruul Avatar

Can any polearm users confirm (or not) if skewer keeps them on the ground?

I know their hitbox is still available on the ground (when they're flying), but it's annoying.

Crendel likes this.
  6. Crendel

Crendel Avatar

Thanks for the inputs, I have no issue taking on 2 dragons at a time, Shardfall, its just time consuming to wait for them to land for dps. I never thought my thrust, etc. we're hitting so I will have to check that out.

Thanks again

Dhanas likes this.
  7. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

It might not be the same for all weapons and all skills, but I'm 99% sure there are quite a few active melee skills that can't hit dragons while flying, no matter where you stand, unless there is some trick that I'm unaware of. Break armor is a pretty easy skill to test with since the debuff isn't resistable. Tested just now to confirm (1h mace) and unable to hit. PBAE like death field also don't hit, at least not the last time that I tried.

For me, when I fight a dragon with melee, if there's no cover available, I usually just refresh buffs/heal before chasing when they fly. If it's something really hard I'll try to say just outside of it's fireball range until it comes down, but dragons regen really fast, so doing all that running around really sucks, especially if you don't have rend.

Crendel likes this.
  8. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

I just know that Rend doesn't work on a flying dragon. It applies the healing debuff, but there is no DoT.

Dhanas likes this.
  9. Crendel

Crendel Avatar

Rend does DO dmg. I can say with 100% confidence rend does dmg. Mine is 0 to 53 and I keep three on them and watch ot bleed out. Not to mention the 6% heal debuff

Actually just killed the clockwork 10 min ago

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
  10. Tazar

Tazar Avatar

Trip - Shield Bash - and the new top level tamed spider all work to keep it on the ground more. They are not 100% - but they do help. Seems like there is one more skill similar to the trip and shield bash... but I can't remember it right now. Maybe Blind?

11. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

Rend works great on the dragons of course, but the rub is that *applying* the rend while it is flying doesn't apply the dot.

Feldon Grimshaw, Crendel and Dhanas like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.