So...about permissions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kaeshiva, Sep 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Maybe this was a bug on QA but you cannot open a nested container on live. If you can't open it then there's no Take All button to press.

2. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

Question - why should I have to? I have so many chests and pieces of furniture I use for storage are you really suggesting I make X-number of bags for each and every one of them and then put stuff in those bags rather than the devs fix this? With due respect, I am not on-board with that suggestion.

That would be like me saying - the visuals of the dragon longbow are borked? Well just use a different bow then. Of course...I would never say that.

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...ponded-dragon-longbow-is-still-borked.158467/

3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I guess the difference here is that I don't care if people look in my containers. They can't take anything and I certainly don't have anything that other people don't have, so there's really nothing to see. Of course that's just me and I completely respect your feelings about it. As for the nested container thing, that was just a suggestion in the meantime (assuming they will change it sometime in the future).

4. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

Thanks @Barugon I respect your trying to find a workaround. And I understand if you don't care who looks in your containers.

Others do care though, either because this kills the idea of having a private chest, it's a bug -or- a combination of the two. For me it's very simple - this looks like a bug that needs to be fixed and was brought about by breaking something that used to work. Whether it affects you personally is irrelevant IMO.

Cordelayne, CatherineRose and Barugon like this.
  5. Heradite

Heradite Avatar

Not a bug. They are introducing a lock next release. You can buy a lock for 400 crowns. You put them on chests and other containers to stop people from looking into your items. After all, in real life you can't actually stop people from opening your containers without locks when you aren't there. Immersion!!!

(Okay I don't think locks are really coming next release. I hope.)

6. Ostvel

Ostvel Avatar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.