very disapointed with the continued Archery nerfs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fenrus MacRath, Sep 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Black777Lodge

Black777Lodge Avatar

You missed one:
    crying specialization 152

Darek Trond and Dhanas like this.
  2. Gia2

Gia2 Avatar

as much as i dont personally like grumpy i feel you kinda boxed in a side by falseknights here.
    Fotm Grunpy, get used to.
    Report other bugs while keep using your special flavours. Go try meteors/water and death shield at 140 now while maintaining a beautiful neverending 100/100 on wands decay.
    Just change fotm. Watch em they always use fotms

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
  3. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Depends on how ya did it and how fast you can pull that off. If it takes 10 seconds to get a 900 damage hit from stacking or if its from single stack fast thing, that is a huge difference on dps. Thats why even though you could stack aimed shot to do a bigger hit then the charged shot before, it was still less dps over all as attack speed increases your tick speed for charged shot while there is no easy way to make stack times faster. So dps was still more from charged shot before.

Sara Dreygon and FrostII like this.
  4. Aetrion

Aetrion Avatar

Yea, but who thought this was a good idea?

FrostII likes this.
  5. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Other than Coup de Grace , what other melee does 2k crits ?

6. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

The same guy that thinks loot is just fine................ wanna guess ???

Mishikal likes this.
  7. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Sorry, even post-"nerf" archery builds are still able to dish out repeated crits of over 1k damage from a distance, and quickly. Its far from 'unviable'. In fact archers are still doing more damage that similarly invested/geared other builds. This sort of 'balance' has been happening since the conception of this game, as players push the limits the devs start putting up walls and we all must adjust. Frustrating? Absolutely. But also necessary - the regret is that it hurts the non min-max crowd often more than the handful of people the nerfs are designed to stop.

Sara Dreygon, Jaesun, FrostII and 5 others like this.
  8. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

After six years of development of this game why are adjustments like this still needed? Was there new mechanics, skills, or weapons that were introduced that threw off the balance?

9. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

He is being "boxed in" like you are saying because we are trying to explain to people on this thread how Air'chers are still strong, instead of being OP as before. He is the one using the feature of the month, abusing bugs as features, and now complaining that they have been fixed, while leaving his class still very strong.

All while attacking posters directly, calling some of us trash at the game or telling us we have no clue how things work, although many of us decided to use this "build of the month" (I know mac did to some extent too, so yeah...)

So sorry not sorry grumpy, but your build did deserve those FIXES and the global nerfs hit many too, sorry that your bug abuse got fixed, just go exploit some new ones now!

Jaesun, Darek Trond and Black777Lodge like this.
  10. GMDavros

GMDavros Avatar

Truth. (speaking for the non-min/max crowd)

Fenris

11. Gorthyn

Gorthyn Avatar

Nope it's always been like this.

12. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Because that's what you do in MMOs. Permanent micro balancing.
    You always try to get every skill tree roughly on par with all the other skill trees.
    You have to keep in mind that balancing isn't ongoing for 6 years.
    The reason usually is that the metrics start to show on skill set outdamageing/healing all the other skill sets.
    For which reason ever.

13. Pavlitto

Pavlitto Avatar

I don't care about air\tactics nerf...
    piercing shot does not ignore target armor(for example dragons)... puncture does ... it's not fair

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  14. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

I get what you're saying, but most misbalancing issues are usually flushed out in a year or less. While I wouldn't compare this game to an MMO, usually issues come out when a new expansion, new skills etc is introduced.
    Are people are just taking their time to find the best combo of skills to show up on a metric? I would think so considering there is a min/max group of players out there testing combos of skills for the best results.
    I just don't see how all of a sudden this has shown up on a metric when these skills haven't changed in the six years. But I am still learning, so be patient with me :)

15. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

What happens is people are pushing to new limits, and while 1 skill works fine within those limits, a combination or other skills with that one skill, makes the skill broken and overpowered. Also, some bugs get discovered by a select few who abuse them silently, and then when others catch on, it gets bug reported, and then fixed. When those fixes happen, those who have invested all their efforts around those bugs get very upset. There is one last thing that is entirely the devs fault, is that they will often start balancing combat, and then fix a bug. What happens is that they balance around the bug, but then remove it without rolling back on their balance pass, which ends up acting as a double whammy.

Sara Dreygon, Jaesun, FrostII and 6 others like this.
  16. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

*Shrugs* I can't tell you the exact reason of course and I am too lazy to read every patch note.
    But I can tell you that "flushed out in a year" isn't correct if it comes to MMOs, usually either due to PvP issues or new skills and items, yes.
    But on the other hand take WoW for example. They even rebalance stuff without a new expansion or new skills and items. Sometimes that's nessesary as it seems because X ^^
    Point is: there are always players that try to game the mechanics as best as possible to unforseen outcomes. Now, reskilling in SotA isn't as easy as it is in other MMOish games. It takes (a lot) of time. Maybe that's one of the reaons. New builds pop up and break the mechanics *shrugs* but that's guesswork from my end.

Sara Dreygon, Sulaene Moon and Dhanas like this.
  17. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

18. Curse2

Curse2 Avatar

Sorry @Mac2 but I am throwing the on this one!

1) That is not a Tactics - Air - Ranged build.
    2) You cheated...err embellished and used MAC's STR Buff.
    3) This was done some time ago.

I believe it was you that posted details of nonstop 1000 point crits previously, show us how that looks now if it was in fact an Air - Tactics - Ranged build.

You guys remind me of a herd of antelopes, "ACK, there's a LION, run...of, nevermind, it caught my dear friend and is eating him, I can move over 100 yards and resume grazing!"

19. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

That video was done just before the changes. That video helped get things fixed, like the blind 100% crit chance bug. The thread that video was made for got many archers who did not use charge shot to start to use charge shot and realize that all the exp they put into the skills like aimed shot and rapid fire were pointless and out dpsed by charge shot easy without even using focus.

1. Can you please show me where I said it was a tactics air ranged build?
    2. yes I used macs str buff, that video was not done for this thread but its the only video I got to show this before the changes happened that caused this thread and if you go read that thread you will see many times I said We are not asking for a nerf to archery, I would even be fine with buffing the skills of archery. What we are asking for is charged shot to looked at as it was out dpsing all melee builds for a fraction of the exp ( cuz you dont use the skills of the tree as that is lower dps) and can be done at range and with 0 focus.

Can you find my post of details of non stop 1000 point crits? How can I show you that now when the things that made it possible got fixed and is the cause of this thread and the reason we are having this discussion? How is your antelope comment making you feel, you feel like the big smart person now that you put everyone else down?

20. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

This change hasn't been made for PVP, that build wasn't OP at all in PVP, since PVP is not just based on dmg, but it is based on sustain, survavibility and other stuffs, indeed torpid torment was a great counter to that build, since the air/tactic archer, using bersker, has high fizzle on air shield, without it + brittle brawn, he become an easy and squishy target.
    What made this build OP in PVE was new artifacts ( like xen bow, spider silk belt and so on) combined with a bug ( you could get same damage than a 7 stack charge, charging it to just 1/2 stacks) ending up in archers just clicking their left button of mouse, without even taking the time to charge it, doing more than 500 dmg every hit faster than any other build, and with the advantage of range ( I want to remember everyone, this game is based on kiting in PVE), all of this just putting xp in a couple of skills.
    @Grumpy Krabnevir most of the skills you linked above are skills that every players that want to min/max his charcter needs : as a mage i need to level up too, sun eater, sun workship, bulwark of earth, ice field, discharge, dash, rapid discharge, well grounded, lighting, chain lighting, moon worship, moon eater , both with all the xp i had to spend in 10 skills in my 2 magic trees where i have spec in + train int, attunement in sun for have more int ( like you did in air to have more dx) ; those skills you mentioned are not exclusives for make your build work, they are needed to make mine works too and many other builds. To make an air/tactic build based on charged attacks, you don't need to have rapid fire to 150 or aimed shot to 150, you just needed: Ranged combat, eagle eye, draw strenght, range, train dex, backstab, air shield, bersker stance and both the 2 spec, sure you need other stuffs too, but you don't need those less than other people.
    This game has been realeased officialy 2 years ago (?), and yes many many combat change have been done, many new mobs and zones were added, many new artifacts and new gear have been added, everytime you modifiy just a very little part of combat, it consequencialy change many other things. It doesn't exist a game totaly balanced, in every game i played classes change all the time cause certain bugs are fixed or balances have been done, if you want to keep a game near to balanced you have to constantly tweak and adjust things over time.

Sara Dreygon, StarLord and Mac2 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.